Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gordan Greer  (Read 6772 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 23:45:10 »

Fair point, it probably wasn't the right thing to say. Sorry everyone.

Yeah, I've heard that he's had weight problems in the past so making out he's an elephant is a bit harsh.
Lumps

« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:20:14 »

quick coca, change your avatar and pretend to be someone else.

(it wasn't that funny but we all make bad forum joke judgements sometimes. The forum is littered with my efforts. Just do a search for threads started by flammableBen and start back in time)

Yeah but yours aren't normally of quesionable taste, but just so weird no-one else understands them.

They're usually the threads you post at 3am, whilst pissed, that are viewed by hundreds of people, but generate only about 3 responses, all from people as pissed as you are, and none of which refer to your original post in any way.

Everyone else just slinks away in confusion.
flammableBen

« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:25:10 »

That's true. It's amazing how often something makes sense after 4 bottles of wine but doesn't quite translate into forum talk.

I'm sure I must have posted something ironically racist though. Ironicracism is all the edgy funniness when you're young and at university with black people and arab people and jew people who think it's hilarious and so it's ok.

It's not ok.
Coca Fola

« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:28:21 »

That's true. It's amazing how often something makes sense after 4 bottles of wine but doesn't quite translate into forum talk.

I'm sure I must have posted something ironically racist though. Ironicracism is all the edgy funniness when you're young and at university with black people and arab people and jew people who think it's hilarious and so it's ok.

It's not ok.
I am of that age, truth be told.
Lumps

« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:33:55 »

It's not ok.

Irony in general is very hard to get to work in print, doubly so in this kind of environment, tripley so when you share that environment with people who actually hold the opinions you're trying to ironically comment on.

If Johnny Speight, a genius screenwriter, suffered from people missing the fucking point, what fucking chance do you and I have?
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:41:21 »

If Johnny Speight, a genius screenwriter, suffered from people missing the fucking point, what fucking chance do you and I have?

Actually I'd say quite a good chance. They joy of fucking about on an internet forum the size of the tef is that you can make points, reply, backtrack or just keep going. It's much easier to write a few sentences, see what the reaction is and judge it from there than it is to write a whole screenplay.

I don't know who Johnny Speight is though, so I may have missed the point.
Lumps

« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:53:52 »

Actually I'd say quite a good chance. They joy of fucking about on an internet forum the size of the tef is that you can make points, reply, backtrack or just keep going. It's much easier to write a few sentences, see what the reaction is and judge it from there than it is to write a whole screenplay.

I don't know who Johnny Speight is though, so I may have missed the point.

He wrote all the Alf Garnet stuff
flammableBen

« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 00:54:35 »

I just looked him up Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 11:21:40 »

The shoes on my feet... ALF GARNET
The clothes I'm wearing... ALF GARNET
The car I'm driving... ALF GARNET
Cos I depend on me, if I want it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up