Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rumours of interest in Charlie A  (Read 7945 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 19:47:36 »

Villa
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 14:39:53 »

the family have no links to Bournemouth do they?

Yes they do, apparently!  Lot's of history down that neck of the woods apparently, even before the trial at Bmuff.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 14:51:37 »

Spurs have had scouts watching him I know that, I also have some friends in Boremuff that are very friendly with the Redknapps.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 14:54:29 »

Dave Byrne has been working for Spurs recently maybe he has done reports on both Austin and Morrison
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 17:46:24 »

Dave Byrne has been working for Spurs recently maybe he has done reports on both Austin and Morrison

Interesting.
lambourn red

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 17:52:33 »

Yes they do, apparently!  Lot's of history down that neck of the woods apparently, even before the trial at Bmuff.

His Grandparents moved from Lambourn down to Sandbanks a few years back which is  where a certain Mr Redknapp lives
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 20:16:11 »

Wonder if this was us, anyone know ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/torquay_united/9207245.stm
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 20:21:23 »

Plymouth i think Sutton.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 22:13:46 »

Ah, they'll buckle once they get a half-decent offer. The manager should belt up.
china red

« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 05:27:03 »

Never seen Austin play but is he really good enough for the premier league or have the potential?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 07:59:39 »

Doodlebug to say but from the outset a few things stood out for me

His first touch & control is among the best
His work rate is very high for a striker
His ability to lay the ball off is coupled with a knack of seeing other players and competing the pass
He is not greedy, but is clinical when call upon.
He anticipates the half opportunities; the kind of opportunities that our other strikers seem to overlook
He wins nearly al his headers
He is not the quickest but is able to create an extra 2-3 yards on his marker through clever movement
Cox was a prolific scorer but was not in my opinion a rounded team player which is probably why he is struggling at WBA - Austin works for the team and the team work for him, I think the team as a whole suffers when Austin is not in it because they mss his overall input as well as goals. When Cox missed games we only really missed his goals.
One area i have yet to really see from Charlie are some long range shots either on or off target

In summary I think there is little to suggest he wouldn't succeed in the premiership but this would depend on which club and getting the opportunity... for me he would fit into Harry R's Tottenham outfit nicely
« Last Edit: Friday, November 19, 2010, 08:11:12 by triseros » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 08:38:50 »

I agree with all that, and like Cox he's not worried by missing a chance, although saying that he does score with a very high proportion. Intersing about the long shots, I dont think I've seen him shoot from outside the box, bar the two bobbles at Wembley and Carlisle.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 10:49:58 »

I agree with all that, and like Cox he's not worried by missing a chance, although saying that he does score with a very high proportion. Intersing about the long shots, I dont think I've seen him shoot from outside the box, bar the two bobbles at Wembley and Carlisle.

A very high percentage of his goals at Poole were inside the box. I can perhaps recall one that was outside. Just a natural born poacher/finisher
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 16:12:15 »

he hit a long range effort against colchester that looked like it was going ..... but the keeper saved it obviously
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 19, 2010, 19:30:37 »

he hit a long range effort against colchester that looked like it was going ..... but the keeper saved it obviously
i think the goal against leeds at home was the furthest he scored from for swindon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: