Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Did We Become American?  (Read 2325 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:32:56 »

I've recently noticed the very 'un-English' way people behave nowadays (Either that or I'm a miserable old cunt, or both).

Did it start with Princess Shagalots death? Is it perpetuated by the internet and sites like Facebook, where people seem to want everyone else to know the smallest minutiae of their personal lives? What's happened to The English Reserve? (I say English not British as everyone knows the celts have no stiff upper lip).

Any personal crises, however large or small, people seem to feel compelled to share. Now, sharing with friends is one thing, but broadcasting your personal life to all and sundry is something quite different (And let's face it, most Facebook 'friends' don't really count, I mean how many real friends do people have?)

We also all seem to have an opinion on absolutely everything, regardless of the fact that we're quite often ignorant about the subject. Who was it said a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? If that's true, we're fast becoming individual WMD's!

And don't get me going on showing emotion! Fuck me, am I the only one that often cringes when people shower false platitudes and 'heartfelt' comments?

Everything seems to be 100% shit, or 100% great now, whereas reality is usually a big mess of averageness.

I would apologise for rambling, but fuck it, I'm not going to.

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:39:37 »

Cheer up you miserable bald cunt.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:42:59 »

you and me both Herthab.And it is her fault!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:45:45 »

Don't think it's so much American as allowing women too much say in society...the stiff upper lip was a man thing.  Women may or may not have had one, you didn't have to be around much to find out.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:46:40 »

I've recently noticed the very 'un-English' way people behave nowadays (Either that or I'm a miserable old cunt, or both).

Did it start with Princess Shagalots death? Is it perpetuated by the internet and sites like Facebook, where people seem to want everyone else to know the smallest minutiae of their personal lives? What's happened to The English Reserve? (I say English not British as everyone knows the celts have no stiff upper lip).

Any personal crises, however large or small, people seem to feel compelled to share. Now, sharing with friends is one thing, but broadcasting your personal life to all and sundry is something quite different (And let's face it, most Facebook 'friends' don't really count, I mean how many real friends do people have?)

We also all seem to have an opinion on absolutely everything, regardless of the fact that we're quite often ignorant about the subject. Who was it said a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? If that's true, we're fast becoming individual WMD's!

And don't get me going on showing emotion! Fuck me, am I the only one that often cringes when people shower false platitudes and 'heartfelt' comments?

Everything seems to be 100% shit, or 100% great now, whereas reality is usually a big mess of averageness.

I would apologise for rambling, but fuck it, I'm not going to.

Apologise now.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:50:13 »

If you were english you'd have shut the fuck up and kept that to yourself,

as it is you couldn't resist spilling your heart on the internet like a fucking weak american

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:51:13 »

Steady now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:51:40 »

Simmer down

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 19:52:51 »

If you were english you'd have shut the fuck up and kept that to yourself,

as it is you couldn't resist spilling your heart on the internet like a fucking weak american

Hence the title of the thread: When Did We Become American'. I'm including myself in this.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 20:02:50 »

[url width=864 height=576]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cnd_jdPeWSU/S_rvAH_VxEI/AAAAAAAAAAM/P4LgqQo5a3k/S1600-R/down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg[/url]
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 21:04:51 »

Thanks for sharing your opinion to all your internet buddies.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 21:08:02 »

I actually think he has a point.....high five!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 21:28:15 »

Don't think anything has changed other than FaceBook, Twitter, MySpace and all the other social networking sites taking over and changing the way we communicate or at least adding a new way to do so.

Everyone seems to have two personalities now, the real life one is still the same but the online one feels the need to post the slightest of thoughts that come in to their head. I don't get it myself, if you add up all my status updates, tweets and all that shit I doubt you'd get in to double figures.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 21:40:59 »

Quote from: jonny72
Don't think anything has changed other than FaceBook,
Don't do it.

Twitter,
Don't do it.

MySpace,
Don't do it.

and all the other social networking sites taking over and changing the way we communicate or at least adding a new way to do so.
And I don't do them either.  Infact, the TEF is about the only site I have time for.  I'm so English, me.
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 22:20:11 »

No your not, count yourself lucky your not part of the generation that brought it in and having to be around these people day in day out.

Who's Princess Shagalot? I presume it's not Diana?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: