Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38590 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 12:26:52 »

Good day out.
Was in the Arrow when some bloke (I think it was jayohaitchenn) says to me "Are you Ginginho?" I said yeah. He said "I thought so, you look just like your avatar!"
Smiley

Urgh, I feel rough this morning.

I think John and Si Pie feel even worse Smiley

My opinion is we have such good individuals that Wilson has changed formation to accommodate them rather than leave some out to benefit the team.

I saw this post and must say I agree. Yesterday with Cuthbert being moved to right back just so him, Morrison and Frampton could all be accommodated in the team being a prime example.

I can't work out whether it's individuals thinking they are bigger than the team, or Wilson just having favourite players that will always play if they are fit. McGovern was rightly dropped to the bench after a few poor performances and it showed when he came on that it'd given him a kick up the arse. It fucks me off that Lucas has dropped quite a few clangers this season and Smith is never given a chance.

I'm confident that the sooner Wilson/the team can get over this, the sooner we'll start moving up the table.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 12:31:20 »

I think John and Si Pie feel even worse Smiley

I saw this post and must say I agree. Yesterday with Cuthbert being moved to right back just so him, Morrison and Frampton could all be accommodated in the team being a prime example.

I can't work out whether it's individuals thinking they are bigger than the team, or Wilson just having favourite players that will always play if they are fit. McGovern was rightly dropped to the bench after a few poor performances and it showed when he came on that it'd given him a kick up the arse. It fucks me off that Lucas has dropped quite a few clangers this season and Smith is never given a chance.

I'm confident that the sooner Wilson/the team can get over this, the sooner we'll start moving up the table.

Good points Sam though i disagree with your remarks regarding Lucas.
He has gained us valuable points this season with some great saves.......what do you do bring Smith in untill he has a bad patch then drop him also?
For me personally you pick your number one keeper and stick with him unless injury is a concern.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:21:24 »

you bring in Phil Smith (as we do when Lucas gets injured) and if he plays well (which he does when Lucas gets injured) then you keep him in the team (which we dont)

I dont see how you can pick a number 1 keeper and stick with him, if he's off form and dropping clangers then he deserves to be dropped, as does anyone in any position under performing. On that note, you could say 'you pick your team at the start of the season and stick with it unless injury is a concern' then you are fucked if that team plays badly.

In football, no position should be set in stone. If Lucas is playing badly (he is) and we have more than good enough back up (we do) then that back up should get a chance.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:24:33 »

I agree with Dave. If the keeper is out of sorts for a sustained period then a change has to be made because of the effect on the whole defensive side of your game. There's nothing wrong with changing the goalkeeper to give the first choice a break or to give the second choice a chance. It's when you start doing it every 3-4 weeks that it becomes a problem.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:26:24 »

Well it felt like a win at the end but it was shit.

ANY side that makes Virgo look world class MUST be shit!  FACT.  The fat Dog the Bounty Hunter lookalike won every fucking header and every tackle and only had to work hard when Vince came on. Suicide

We pissed the first 20 minutes and if Austins second effort had gone in you would of expected a win, it was not to be.

Their free kick was shit.  Lets not talk about the wall disolving but the fact a free kick is given because a professional footballer makes a first touch and kicks the ball into his hand - that is shit - hold your head in shame!!!! Doh

Then they pissed all over us.

We had one chance that Ball missed (i wonder how the crowd would of reacted to Vince if he had missed a simple tap in like that?) and after that it was all them.

Lucas made a massive fuck up for the second no where near the ball....
 Bad Mood
However, I suddenly felt confident we would get a point when their keeper went Awol and allowed Morrison to bury the corner as they just collapsed and Frampton nearly grabbed a winner near the end.

Felt for Vince being thrown into a match like that but he actually won some aerial battles and held the ball up well and O'Brien did well when he ran at them.

Terrible ground for atmosphere and i have yet to see a great game of football there (this was my 5th or 6th time there).

Roll on Charlton, lets see if we can improve against better sides.

A mate of mine sat in the Yeovil end and commented on Austin:

'He doesnt seem to have alot of pace, his touch is'nt the best in the world, but he knows where the goal is and that is worth its weight in gold!'.

Thats all!

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:28:12 »

you bring in Phil Smith (as we do when Lucas gets injured) and if he plays well (which he does when Lucas gets injured) then you keep him in the team (which we dont)

I dont see how you can pick a number 1 keeper and stick with him, if he's off form and dropping clangers then he deserves to be dropped, as does anyone in any position under performing. On that note, you could say 'you pick your team at the start of the season and stick with it unless injury is a concern' then you are fucked if that team plays badly.

In football, no position should be set in stone. If Lucas is playing badly (he is) and we have more than good enough back up (we do) then that back up should get a chance.

I fully understand your point,problem for me is that both keepers have dodgy spells and you would be swapping many times during a season...........as i said for me you pick your number 1 and stick with him.
Would you drop Austin if he went ten games without scoring..........i wouldn't cos i see him as my number one striker...regardless off form he would be in.
Smith is a good keeper and good back up if Lucas gets injured.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:39:11 »

I fully understand your point,problem for me is that both keepers have dodgy spells and you would be swapping many times during a season...........as i said for me you pick your number 1 and stick with him.
Would you drop Austin if he went ten games without scoring..........i wouldn't cos i see him as my number one striker...regardless off form he would be in.
Smith is a good keeper and good back up if Lucas gets injured.

If Austin went 10 games without scoring and say Pericard was coming off the bench, playing well and scoring - then yes I'd drop Austin to give him a rest/break/kick up the arse and start the form player.

Smith hasnt had a dodgy spell for ages, in part because he hasnt had a run in the team admittedly but generally because now Malpas is long gone as is that shit goal keeper coach whatever the fuck his name was, Smith isnt a bad keeper - not as bad as we like to think as we all want to remember his clangers. He's had far more good games than bad for us (as has Lucas as well, about 98% of his Town clangers have come in the last 10 games!)

There is no point, or logic in continuing with an out of form player because 'you picked him as....' at the start of the season. Our defence has changed, our midfield has changed and so have our strikers. No reason why we cant change the goal keeper.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:51:15 »

If Austin went 10 games without scoring and say Pericard was coming off the bench, playing well and scoring - then yes I'd drop Austin to give him a rest/break/kick up the arse and start the form player.

Smith hasnt had a dodgy spell for ages, in part because he hasnt had a run in the team admittedly but generally because now Malpas is long gone as is that shit goal keeper coach whatever the fuck his name was, Smith isnt a bad keeper - not as bad as we like to think as we all want to remember his clangers. He's had far more good games than bad for us (as has Lucas as well, about 98% of his Town clangers have come in the last 10 games!)

There is no point, or logic in continuing with an out of form player because 'you picked him as....' at the start of the season. Our defence has changed, our midfield has changed and so have our strikers. No reason why we cant change the goal keeper.

All the Premiership clubs have there number one keepers...many make mistakes,many have dodgy spells...........Cech,Green,Raina,etc,etc...........they will all be picked barring injury.
You have your number one and pick them in my eyes........and i dont believe you would drop Austin for Pericard.....however bad a run Charlie was having...your telling porkies  Cheesy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 13:58:30 »

These aren't isolated incidents with lucas though. He's cost us a lot of goals recently

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:03:35 »

These aren't isolated incidents with lucas though. He's cost us a lot of goals recently

I agree.....but the fact is Dave is that for me we have swapped and changed formation to much this season...last years success was built on players being happy where they played.....the outfield players is abit different....you want to play a defensive game you maybe wouldn't pick Manks...he is a more attacking defender......not the same with a keeper in my eyes,but agree that he needs to start earning his corn.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:07:34 »

Those Premiership keepers listed dont make many mistakes. Pepe Reina has made 2 in about 5 years at Liverpool - plus all those keepers are ALOT better than the #2 keeper. Chelsea's reserve keeper is Ross Turnbell, released by Middlesborough - he's only there so they can meet their quote of young english players.

Changing the keeper wont change the formation and Lucas has already missed a few games injured, so its not like Smith hasnt played at all this season - or last season either. He wont exactly be a stranger to the rest of the team.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:15:18 »

Well you may get your wish anyway,Smith will probably be in next Saturday anyway in the cup...probably a big night for Lucas on Tuesday as regards being the regular custodonian between the sticks.
For me i would pick him as my number one every match.........but understand your view.

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:22:47 »

didn't see lucas's mistake yesterday but he does seem to be suffering a dip in form.wilson favours him though so i dont reckon he'll be dropped.whether that is the correct decision remains to be seen.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #448 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:29:46 »

Wilson didn't rule out dropping Lucas after the match. Said he'll have a chat with him and take it from there.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 15:54:00 »

I'm sure Lucas would be disappointed with his recent performances and is more than experienced enough to handle being dropped.  The aregument about needing to stick by your first choice keeper because his confidence could take a knock is moot when you're talking about a 32 yo with best part of 300 games under his belt.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: