Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Bristol Rovers Official Matchday thread  (Read 31383 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:09:16 »

Just back.

Bloody awful first half, very lucky to go in one up. Brilliant time to score the goal though.

Better second half but still room for improvement. Build up for Pericard's goal was fantastic!

We must do all we can to sign Ritchie permanently!

Never a penalty at the end, not a nervy few minutes we needed.

Overall, satisfied with that. Onwards and upwards!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:10:16 »

I'm 50/50 on the penalty.

If there was not only 40 seconds left on the clock, the ref might have made a different decision.

The point with the penalty is that the situation should never have arisen. Lucas should have stayed in his goal and let Cuthbert usher the ball out of touch. Job done. Still, three points, a much better second half performance and a lot of positives to take out of the game. Loving Ritchie, Ball and Morrison. I liked the way after the game that after talking to Ritchie, the camera swivelled around to Morrison and was looking at his chest and had to make a sudden adjustment upwards - the bloke is massive.

All in all, happy days!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:11:24 »

Fantastic 2nd half display won that for us. Back to playing some great football like we did last season in that 2nd 45. Ferry was excellent, Douglas had a good game and Matt Ritchie was pure class. It was an even first half but I thought we deserved it overall. 2 points off the play-offs....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #228 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:12:51 »

Getting stuffed by Rovers last season hurt. I'm glad we've made amends.
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:13:07 »

The point with the penalty is that the situation should never have arisen. Lucas should have stayed in his goal and let Cuthbert usher the ball out of touch. Job done. Still, three points, a much better second half performance and a lot of positives to take out of the game. Loving Ritchie, Ball and Morrison. I liked the way after the game that after talking to Ritchie, the camera swivelled around to Morrison and was looking at his chest and had to make a sudden adjustment upwards - the bloke is massive.

All in all, happy days!

Spot on! I went to the Students Union to pleasantly find that the game was being shown! Made a dick out of myself when we scored the 2nd but fuckin proud to be Swindon!! Watch us march...

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
Panda Paws

« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:20:15 »

Yeh sorry my bad.. Ritichie's cross for Pericard when he hit the post..

When did Pericard hit the post? It was ball in the first half, from a Micheal Rose cross?

All in all, much better, especially second half. We were rampant. The two wide lads were unbelievable and I really like the new shape, especially with the idea of Austin replacing Pericard. Ferry and Dougie were also top drawer and Morrison's header was monster. The second goal was pure class, and Ferry put one on a plate for Pericard and Dougie not long after. A few hairy moments at the back, particularly early on, but much better, and Rose had probably his best game in red.

However, and no doubt I'll get slated for this, there were a couple of dodgy performances. Amankwaah was garbage for the most part, and so was Pericard in my opinion. The amount of times everyone around me were tearing their hair out as he yet again failed to jump for a ball or make an attempt to get into the box when the ball was wide was indicative that he hasn't quite won everyone over yet. Fair play to Ritchie for bollocking him a couple of times for standing and watching crosses come into the box.

I really like the shape, and when everyone is fit would play the following

Lucas
Caddis Morrison Cuthbert Sheehan
Ferry Dougie
Ball Prutton Ritchie
Austin

Decent gate, decent atmosphere, embarrassing support from them though.

We need consistency now, and more than one good performance in a row, starting at Peterborough.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:28:40 »

Get In! I had 2-1 on the prediction league!

Very mixed performance, first half was poor, very sloppy and too many balls given away, the goal couldn't have come at a better time though, we started the second half with confidence and played some really good football. Pericard's goal was top quality football and Ferry did fantastically well to set it up.

Impressed with Ritchie, he gave us something different going forwards and Ball on the other side didn't do badly either. Pericard led the line well enough but there were still times when he just stood and watched, that's frustrating to see as a fan.

Douglas would have been my MOTM, he really took the game by the scruff of the neck second half and drove us forwards.

So very pleased, but we still look a little bit average to me. Get Austin back, keep Ritchie and maybe put Caddis in for JPM and we could have a side that could challenge. For tonight though, have some of that Rovers and your support was laughable  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:30:54 »

When did Pericard hit the post? It was ball in the first half, from a Micheal Rose cross?

Second half but he was offside.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:39:07 »

First half we were a bit hesitant and nervy on a fair few occasions. Amankwaah's  'mare of a season continued though I'm told by a friend of a player that he is carrying an injury - something that was already posted on here ages ago. Rovers pressed well and were probably the better of the two teams for the first 30, but there wasn't much in it.

Second half we upped our work rate harassing Rovers into errors and passing a lot better. Ball and Ritchie played really well, particularly the latter and even though Rovers had a chance or two anything less than a home win would have been unjust.

Just watched the penalty decision again an it was still soft for me. But the ref had been a cocknocker all night. Firstly he caught paynteritis  (defn: to blow the whistle whenever the big forward wins the ball) whenever Perricard touched the ball. He also gave some sof free kicks for both teams. Dougie seemed to work it out and made sure he won a couple Wink 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:39:23 »

Terrific result. Ritchie added a zero or two to his price tonight. As did Morrison, so without wishing to go all Dave on it, contract, pen, sign. Three years. Thanks.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:41:29 »

OK performance...a good win against a good side.
So Hudds,Saints and Gas have bit the dust...............lets start beating the shite teams.
Ferry just edged my MOM.

Panda Paws

« Reply #236 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:42:08 »

Second half but he was offside.

Fair enough, didn't see it hit the post but like you say he was (inexplicably) offside anyway. Lovely ball though, which was the point originally I beleive.
iffy

« Reply #237 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:44:06 »

Some nice movement tonight and we held possession well in spells.

Feels like this is the result we've been waiting for. It's an inconsistent league this year - no-one is bossing it (Brighton are nowhere near Leeds or Norwich from last season) and we can kick on through to Christmas. Inside the dressing room they've got to feel that they are play-off quality with a chance of sneaking an auto.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:44:16 »

Great day, got a photo and my book signed by Roberts. Met up with BristolRovers at the game and am a very happy chappy!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:47:39 by Crispy » Logged

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Rich Pullen

« Reply #239 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 21:44:49 »

As did Morrison, so without wishing to go all Dave on it, contract, pen, sign. Three years. Thanks.

Someone has to really drive it home to SM that he will not get games if he leaves for a club like Newcastle.

He couldn't get a game here last year. Morrison can play week in/week out for Swindon Town and he's just 19. Good little scenario for him.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: