Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In defence of Vic  (Read 13144 times)
neilinlondon

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 19:00:30 »

Well I imagine Vic will. I know Andy Ratcliffe did last year's co-coms....i think if people are interested they should get in touch with BBC Wilts and have a go.....
BTW i did mention in coms that we had gone back to 4-4-2 during the early part of the game....maybe it was when the line wasn't working!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 19:01:20 »

Well I imagine Vic will. I know Andy Ratcliffe did last year's co-coms....i think if people are interested they should get in touch with BBC Wilts and have a go.....

Oh don't for goodness sakes tell Mex that.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 19:05:08 »

I guess I might as well stick my two pence worth in as I have done a few commentaries for BBC WS and other stations when they don't have anyone else with a pulse and a voice available. I'm sure I have got some stick on here, and for some of my efforts, I'm sorry to say, it's nothing other than thoroughly deserved.

(pause for all to say cunt)

I rarely hear Vic as I'm usually at another game or sitting in the stands at our matches, so I can't really comment on how good or bad he is, but I'll throw the following points in:

1) you have to sound to some degree, "excited", when the other lot score - just so people register something important has happened. If you are listening and feeding the cat, washing the car etc, there has to be some change of tone to get your attention. Nothing sounds less dramatic than a play off game (and I have heard this), where there is absolutely no change in the commentator's voice when the other side, as it were, have equalised.

2) I'd personally be disappointed if I described a goal without any build up at all. Like I say, I don't know how much this happens or not, but it shouldn't really be happening. If necessary the commentator should be just cutting someone off.

3) One of the things that is relentlessly (or was) banged into BBC sports staff is that not everyone listening is a die hard sports fan - therefore cracking jokes or talking a bit about where you are not automatically a bad thing. Just for painitng a picture of what the ground's like or anything else. But obviously not when the ball is pinging round the penalty area.

4) ISDN kits are a law unto themselves.

That, as Kent Brockman would say, is my two cents.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 19:06:42 by JanAageisGod » Logged

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:00:14 »

Credit where credit is due

That was quite good actually

I enjoyed listening and could follow the game well
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:01:20 »

Absolutely, much improved.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:04:05 »

Credit where credit is due

That was quite good actually

I enjoyed listening and could follow the game well

Agreed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:09:23 »

Much much improved today. Keep it up for the rest of the season Vic and I there will be nothing to criticise.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:12:56 »

I didn't get involved in the original criticising as I felt enough was being said by everyone else. Tonight was a vast improvement though. Thank you Vic. xx
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:33:18 »

Good man Vic! Keep it up! Clap

And apology excepted Neil! Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 20:35:40 »

Indeed....I guess it wasn't just me whose been reading the thread!! I'll be better at Rochdale...and we'll win!

You couldn't be any worse than saturday you soft cunt.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 21:04:59 »

Glad to hear he's taken it on board and improved himself.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 21:49:50 »

I did have a chuckle when he said he couldn't see six inches in front of him. Not ideal for a commentator's CV!
jb

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 18:59:31 »

I thought Neil in London was meant to back for the Rochdale match. Did we scare him off?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:26:00 »

The commentator on last night's game was not very good - isn't it about time that RS replaced Ed Hadwin with someone that can cover the games fully and can commentate correctly, I expct a lot of midweek games are too far for Vic from Devon although to be fair if there was a choice between Vic and the chap from last night, I think I'd prefer Vic as he does actually commentate rather than using it to have a chat with his co commentator (most of the time) so you don't know what is going on in the game
flammableBen

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:27:51 »

Vic's fine. And apart from the bloke last night being to scared to repeat himself (Swindon -> Visitors -> The team which travelled here -> The team which aren't the home team), and being a bit scared to interupt himself when something else was happening, he was fine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: