Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In defence of Vic  (Read 13360 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:29:34 »

I'd like to hear a lot of people who continually whinge about the commentary give it a go. I bet it's much much harder than you think

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:40:37 »

don't do that shit dave. most peopel aren't paid to do it professionally

the whole you can't critisize if you can't do it better yourself is the biggest load of bollocks ever. Robbie Williams can prance around on stage better than be but he's still a cunt.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:03:26 »

Nah, I disagree. If you've never done something (not saying you have to do it better), you can't fully critize imho.

Any exceptions include whenever I have done so in the past

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:10:24 »

But RS are a professional outfit and don't let just any man (or woman) off the street to do commentary s ohow can you say people should try it - maybe we should sit in front of the TV with a hairbrush and commentate  Wink
jb

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:10:54 »

I thought that guy last night was pretty entertaining
flammableBen

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:13:45 »

I agree. He was entertaining and fairly clear on what was going on for the majority of the game.

Lucas was brilliant too, if you he hadn't sent you asleep.
Lumps

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:20:16 »

Presumably STFC Dave never has anything to say on here about the performance of the Town then? Either that or he's played regular professional football.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:22:50 »

I've played football.

Maybe i'm wrong saying you can't moan, but it can't be fully justified imho

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:24:20 »

The guy last night was dreadful, I had a better picture what was going on in other matches than the one he was supposedly describing to me. There was a point where he was reading out scores and you could hear David Lucas oooh'ing in the background, which frustrated me a lot.

Come back Vic, all is forgiven.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Lumps

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:37:01 »

I've played football.

Maybe i'm wrong saying you can't moan, but it can't be fully justified imho

I can't perform surgery, but if someone cuts off the wrong leg when I'm on the table I think my complaints are totally justified don't you?

I can't fly a plane, but if the pilot of my flight misses the runway and crashes the plane into the control tower I think I'm also free to have a bit of a moan about it.

Can you see how this argument doesn't stack up at all?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:37:28 »

The guy last night was dreadful, I had a better picture what was going on in other matches than the one he was supposedly describing to me. There was a point where he was reading out scores and you could hear David Lucas oooh'ing in the background, which frustrated me a lot.

Come back Vic, all is forgiven.

What do you guys expect? 3D commentary?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:40:25 »

But RS are a professional outfit and don't let just any man (or woman) off the street to do commentary s ohow can you say people should try it - maybe we should sit in front of the TV with a hairbrush and commentate  Wink

i beg to differ, i've been on there and I'm a professional bellend!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:42:41 »

I can't perform surgery, but if someone cuts off the wrong leg when I'm on the table I think my complaints are totally justified don't you?

I can't fly a plane, but if the pilot of my flight misses the runway and crashes the plane into the control tower I think I'm also free to have a bit of a moan about it.

Yeah, but you'd expect those people not to fuck up. The people on the commentary aren't highly paid, highly skilled professionals, and I think the amount of criticism they receive is a bit out of order

Lumps

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:50:20 »

Yeah, but you'd expect those people not to fuck up. The people on the commentary aren't highly paid, highly skilled professionals, and I think the amount of criticism they receive is a bit out of order

Well that's a much more reasonable argument, but it's not based on the "if you haven't done it you can't criticise" logic that you were using earlier.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:53:00 »

See the point but in both of those examples, I'd also be fairly alarmed if the airline or hospital allowed enthusiastic amateurs to stand in as co-pilot or anaesthetist as per the radio co-commentary.

FWIW, I thought the commentary was fine last night if a little flat, but I suspect that's more due to the game than the commentator. But I still prefer Vic. And I still prefer Ed over any of them
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: