Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38462 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 08:56:44 »

I'm not a nasty person.  I came here in the early hours to have a bit of a read up to see what had been said.  I am quite offended - and the attitude of most of you IS like Leeds fans appears to have been.  

Yes - I understand why you think you shouldn't be losing to teams like us, but dont you think being up where we are is a bit alien to us too?  16 odd years ago you were a Premiership team, in fact i read someones status on facebook saying that 17 years ago on this weekend you played Blackburn Rovers in the Premier league......we played Altrincham in the GM Vauxhall Conference.  Since then we did drop down a level further too, and played in the Isthmian league for a few years before getting back up.  Literally, in the space of a few years we've gone from away games at Hendon to away games at Sheffield Wednesday - and we are here on merit, and after yesterday - you lot now know that.  We aren't here to boost your point tally come game 46.  We want to stay here.  

To the fellow who agreed with me stating i have a 14 foot cock...thanks, its nice of you to say.  

And to the bloke who said that by pictures our ground looks like a garden shed...there were almost 200 places for further Swindon fans to get in, one has to question whether there are other garden sheds around that Swindon may be able to fill a section of - as ours is obviously too big.  But well done all the same for looking at pictures and not actually going.  Big.....slow......clap for you.  

To the rest of you, and those who did attend, i thought overall the away attendance was absolutely fantastic, thats the second biggest away crowd we have had in there, beaten only by Leyton Orient who filled it a few weeks ago.  Well done, thats a really good away following!  

I haven't come here to fight with anyone, but it'd be nice to not see my own team being ridiculed, maybe you are embarrassed but dont be, you aren't the first and you wont be the last.  We got a fight on our hands, any point is thoroughly needed.    

Some good points here..

I thought the away stand was very good.

I didnt expect to win and i am unhappy with the gutless display rather than who i lose to...ala Histon two seasons ago.

Taking the piss out of grounds gets on my tits.

However Dags please read my post ref the Turnstile running out of fivers, now you deserve to be ridiculed over that....totally shit at any level of the league or non league!

Hope you kick on up the table.

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:03:31 »

Some good points here..

I thought the away stand was very good.

I didnt expect to win and i am unhappy with the gutless display rather than who i lose to...ala Histon two seasons ago.

Taking the piss out of grounds gets on my tits.

However Dags please read my post ref the Turnstile running out of fivers, now you deserve to be ridiculed over that....totally shit at any level of the league or non league!

Hope you kick on up the table.

Yeah, it's not like the CG is the fucking Nou Camp. Nice to see some one with a balanced view..a rather rare trait on this forum.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:05:25 »

Need a left winger and a striker with some pace who can score a goal or two.

The midfield needs to get back to trying to play the way it did last season with JP's partnership with Amankwah being restored. If you must play Prutton, try him on the left hand side doing what Ward did if you can't get someone better in. Danny's attempt to replace some of Paynters goals with Prutton from the midfield seems to have unsettled the whole unit in the middle of the park. Douglas and Ferry were shadows of last season yesterday.

Last Saturday we were good, Tuesday night we were worse and a little unlucky. Yesterday we were gash and got exactly what we deserved against a team that will surely be back League 2 next season. Not good enough at all. Yesterday cost over £100 all in, even with the cheap beer in the Dagenham social club and in return the team just didn't look bothered, cheers lads.

I have to say fair play to Roberts for the way he dealt with the barracking in the second half. He was obviously well chuffed when he pulled off that save from JP and well within his rights to give us a little bit back.

we've got just over a week now to get players in and sort things out. Don't want a performance like that against Rovers live on the telly.
A Dagger

« Reply #363 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:06:48 »

Thanks!  Seems some people with sense do exist!  

The Flash, i did read the turnstile bit....tbh its the kinda crap that drags us back to a past age, the only thing i can say is that this is new to us.  Away crowds that size are not known to us really, sad as that sounds.  The people we have on the turnstiles do their best, but nobody seems to think about things like running out of fivers.  Its amateurish, i admit.  It embarrasses us too, dont worry.  I dont know what the set up is round there for away fans as i am a home fan, but, were there not separate queues for ticket holders and those paying cash etc?  

The only thing i would suggest in future is if you do come to Dagenham, try and get in a bit earlier than you normally would.  Its just as bad for us sometimes, i missed Exeter's goal the other week for the same reasons.  

But that new stand.....well to be honest with you, the rest of the ground comes from the non-league, that does not, that stand should be the pre-cursor of the way we want to run on a matchday, not be dragged down to the level of the rest of the ground, because i am sure that you found the view from your seats decent - ive been in there to watch ESC games and i think its a terrific little stand!  
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:13:11 »

A Dagger.

The away stand was fine, and with a nice little bar with Magners on tap to boot which was a nice bonus. One of the girls behnd the bar in your social club (which was fine, if a little like my local village hall) advised us to head over there about 20 past 2 to avoid queuing on the turnstiles which I appreciated.

Fair play to you for achieving League 1 status with your set up and crowds, no mean achievment. You deserved the points yesterday too, although our team were abject based on our performances last season and on occasion this term. Hope you stay up.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:21:37 »

Sorry are you joking? We do not need any more centre midfielders!

Well I see it as a weak link. Douglas has been poor, Prutton hit and miss and Ferry has been no better. I don't see a problem bringing another in. Wilson wants some physicality and that's what an experienced pro like Mahon would bring.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:22:55 »

The defeat was hard to take, especially against such an opposition. Apologies for sounding like a Leeds fan, but we shouldn't be losing to fucking Dagenham. Or we shouldn't at least be playing like that.

A Swindon Town fan really should not be coming out with crap like that when he've had to put up with from Forest/Wednesday/Leeds/'insert big club name here' fans over the last few seasons. No
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:25:24 »

Well I see it as a weak link. Douglas has been poor, Prutton hit and miss and Ferry has been no better. I don't see a problem bringing another in. Wilson wants some physicality and that's what an experienced pro like Mahon would bring.

Mahon looks way too much like Tommy Mooney to be acceptable....

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:26:35 »

A Swindon Town fan really should not be coming out with crap like that when he've had to put up with from Forest/Wednesday/Leeds/'insert big club name here' fans over the last few seasons. No

Before the match i expected us to win. I apologised in advance for sounding Leeds fan-esque, but i think most of the footballing world would've expected us to win which, in retrospect, makes the Dagenham victory even more of an achievement.

I fully acknowledge they deserved to win, i just hope we do better in the home game against them.
A Dagger

« Reply #369 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:28:33 »

A Dagger.

The away stand was fine, and with a nice little bar with Magners on tap to boot which was a nice bonus. One of the girls behnd the bar in your social club (which was fine, if a little like my local village hall) advised us to head over there about 20 past 2 to avoid queuing on the turnstiles which I appreciated.

Fair play to you for achieving League 1 status with your set up and crowds, no mean achievment. You deserved the points yesterday too, although our team were abject based on our performances last season and on occasion this term. Hope you stay up.

Hey, in the home section we cannot even buy alcohol of any sort during the game, and anytime we ask about it being sorted for us we get a resounding 'no'.  The club is certainly missing a potential cash cow there i think.  I wont even drink in the clubhouse often.  It gets way too crowded, both upstairs and downstairs.  

What are the queues like down there in away stand when buying burgers, beer etc at half time?  

And thanks, i hope that you guys have a good season too.  I know i rubbed it in a bit with my post last night, but i did feel for you watching that game at Wembley the day before ours - particularly the chance Austin scuffed because of the pitch.  
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:33:17 »

No queues at all before the game, and I managed a pint and a piss at half time. The social club wasn't that busy while I was in there either, didn't have to wait for more than a couple of minutes to get served.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:37:46 »

Perhaps this fella is the mythical Dagger....there can't be too many D and R fans who visit other teams messageboards.

A Dagger

« Reply #372 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:54:02 »

Perhaps this fella is the mythical Dagger....there can't be too many D and R fans who visit other teams messageboards.

Maybe there are a few though!   
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 09:58:26 »

Maybe there are a few though!   

Ah...Dagger multis....would make sense.  The scummers used to think Dagger was in fact one of them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 10:04:47 »

Dagger, I didn't go (thank God) but I think most people:

a) recognise it's a tremendous achievement for you guys to have got where you are
b) expected to get something from the game not because you're Dagenham but because of your league position/form so far. We allegedly have play-off pretensions, if we're serious about that we should be able to get at least a point from a team second from bottom with only one win to date. That would apply if you were Dagenham/Tranmere/Hartlepool/whoever

I think your own manager has been far more patronising to you, calling beating us the greatest result in your history. I mean, we're not exactly Arsenal. If I was a D&R fan, I'd have been furious at that - surely you must have better historic moments than that?

And finally we do actually have massive garden sheds round here. Mine will hold 1700, 2000 if I take the lawnmower out and move the garden chairs and tools round a bit
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: