Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi from plymouth  (Read 5352 times)
AlwaysArgyle

« on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 10:11:31 »

Hello guys, seems like a century since we last played you
a few questions if you dont mind to be posted on argyle talk and vital plymouth
do you think either of us can get promotion?
home crowd?
away crowd?
score [plus scorers]?
p.s. the same questions are given to every team
thanks very much guys and the answers will be posted on monday evening about 9ish

Bye
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 10:58:15 »

Home crowd...errrrr....not sure, midweek...we only just played at home....bit disappointing.. 7,500??

Away support..I guess you would know better than us..you always seem to have quite good away support though. Clubs like Plymouth and Carlisle seem to have a fair sized hard core of fans to whom it seems to be a matter of honour that they will go wherever their team is playing..I still don't have a clue how many you will bring though Roll Eyes

Score...2-0 to us..hopefully Pericard and Dossevi scoring..those two boys have been playing well but really need start finding the net on something approaching a regular basis.

Edit: I missed out a question..

Can either team get promotion? Yes. Both can. It is a wide open division and it's all down to consistancy/strength of squad/injuries/suspensions and all that stuff.

We played Plymouth at the CG in about 91 or 92 and I was on the Stratton Bank quite near the pitch. Peter Shilton was in goal for you that day. He was taking a goal kick right in front of me and had just started his run up. At this precise point I shouted out 'Come on Town' I wasn't even thinking about putting him off but he stopped his run up and gave me the dirtiest look. I said 'Sorry Shilts' (well he was an England legend) and he carried on and kicked the ball up the field. I assure you it was mildly amusing at the time.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 12:58:53 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 11:08:59 »

We'll be up there, not sure about you yet, I suspect it might be one of those rebuilding seasons, so I think midtable. Crowd will be around 8000, guess you'll bring about 700. another 1-0 win to us, Sheehan thunderbolt.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 11:10:27 »

We played Plymouth at the CG in about 91 or 92 and I was on the Stratton Bank quite near the pitch. Peter Shilton was in goal for you that day. He was taking a goal kick right in front of me and had just started his run up. At this precise point I shouted out 'Come on Town' I wasn't even thinking about putting him off but he stopped his run up and gave me the dirtiest look. I said 'Sorry Shilts' (well he was an England legend) and he carried on and kicked the ball up the field. I assure you it was mildly amusing at the time.

Could be wrong, but the last time I recall us playing Argyle midweek at the CG was exactly 21 years ago to the day.....and a highly memorable match. we ran out 3-0 winners despite only having 9 men...to their 10.

Shaun Close and Dave Byrne walked for a bit of handbags, and Fitzy soon followed for a gay little slap.

We had a 1-0 lead to hang onto, when Ossie subbed Shearer and played with no forwards, Zippy and Phil King then both scored from breaks .
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 12:56:09 »

Could be wrong, but the last time I recall us playing Argyle midweek at the CG was exactly 21 years ago to the day.....and a highly memorable match. we ran out 3-0 winners despite only having 9 men...to their 10.

Shaun Close and Dave Byrne walked for a bit of handbags, and Fitzy soon followed for a gay little slap.

We had a 1-0 lead to hang onto, when Ossie subbed Shearer and played with no forwards, Zippy and Phil King then both scored from breaks .

Bloody hell...21 years. That's not funny No
woolster

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 13:12:56 »

i was in the north stand that night, fuck im old Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 13:14:17 »

What would be really funny is if we say "green army" in a bumpkin voice a lot. They Plymouth fans will never expect that.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 13:30:28 »

I remember that game. That was an eventful night.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
glos_robin

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 13:37:43 »

We played them at home in midweek the season before they got promoted and we got to the play-offs and beat them 2-0. The crowd was pretty shit though about 5/6000.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 14:26:04 »

We played them at home in midweek the season before they got promoted and we got to the play-offs and beat them 2-0. The crowd was pretty shit though about 5/6000.

I must have been at that game, but have no recall of it at all....suppose it was one of those meaningless end of season games, as we seemed to have Craig Farr in goal and Ian Herring at right back.

The bench seemed to be half of a future Supermarine side.....two localish places Draycott and Bampton, and 2 of Snow White's finest, Chris Taylor and Alan Young
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 14:43:18 »

Migz played well that game I think.

Q. Do you think we will average more than you this season?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 15:17:27 »

I must have been at that game, but have no recall of it at all....suppose it was one of those meaningless end of season games, as we seemed to have Craig Farr in goal and Ian Herring at right back.

The bench seemed to be half of a future Supermarine side.....two localish places Draycott and Bampton, and 2 of Snow White's finest, Chris Taylor and Alan Young

What happened to Young? Is he still playing somewhere?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:10:04 »

My first game was home to Plymouth in 1992. All I remember is that Peter Shilton was in goal Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:18:00 »

Where's your (Plymouth's) main threat going to come from? Wright-Phillips? What sort of style is Reid playing?
AlwaysArgyle

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:28:06 »

Where's your (Plymouth's) main threat going to come from? Wright-Phillips? What sort of style is Reid playing?

Phillips has really upped his game of late and has scored 2 in two weeks so he can come as a real threat with a great clinical finish, watch at for young and short craig noone on the wing, very fast, skillful and loves to cut inside and take a shot on [our best player] and also Carl fletcher has a mountain of experience and is good while bondz ngala and reda johnson will tower over any attacker [both centre backs] and you will have a job getting past them
a few more answers from you town fans would be appreciated please
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: