Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 42 reasons why Sean Morrison is better than Gordon Greer  (Read 21142 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 22:40:24 »

.... and we are clearly lacking direction from the back.it's a big ask for a teenager to step up to that level.
it's same with throwing thompson into a struggling backline too.

Totally agree with that. As did Wilson, but unfortunately plan b went back to Millwall inured.
Liden Chap

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 12:34:02 »

I think results have shown that Greer was a lot better and it was a mistake selling him,.
ruffian

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 15:31:43 »

Such a bad bit of business, apparently been a rock at Brighton. I suppose the clean sheets speak for themselve. Our defence is comical.
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 15:33:34 »

wins me money Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 18:52:42 »

Totally agree with that. As did Wilson, but unfortunately plan b went back to Millwall inured.

So what do you do know he has scored two in three and helped us to a clean sheet last match....plan B was total shite...not the player...but the plan..........Morrison will be Swindon captain within three years if he decides to stay..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 19:04:23 »

Morrison wont be here in 3 seasons.

Our defence, last game aside still hasnt been good enough no matter how many Morrison has scored.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 19:51:24 »

Nobody has ever said he was shit, 1 clean sheet recently doesnt hide that fact that he will be inconsistant throughout the season at his age.

His role is as a defender so his scoring spree is a bonus but generally irrelevant.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 19:52:49 »

Nobody has ever said he was shit, 1 clean sheet recently doesnt hide that fact that he will be inconsistant throughout the season at his age.

His role is as a defender so his scoring spree is a bonus but generally irrelevant.

Bullshit is it irrelevent....scoring goals is more than a bonus
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 19:55:00 »

Morrison wont be here in 3 seasons.

Our defence, last game aside still hasnt been good enough no matter how many Morrison has scored.

Mystic Meg eh Dave.............to good for us is he?....sort of contradicting the point you are trying to make really Cheesy
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 19:59:57 »

I still think Morrison is great. He's definitely one of my favourite Town players.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 20:04:31 »

Bullshit is it irrelevent....scoring goals is more than a bonus

For a defender? you dont pick a defender because he is a threat down the other of the pitch at set pieces.  You pick a defender because of his defensive attributes, any threats they add at the other end is exactly what i would class as a bonus for a defender.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 20:06:26 »

Gentleman, gentleman. Only one man has the answer and his hand is raised.

[url width=457 height=600]http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/images/Pics/Achievements/Pic19930403_05.jpg[/url]
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 20:14:30 »

Mystic Meg eh Dave.............to good for us is he?....sort of contradicting the point you are trying to make really Cheesy

Realist Dave.

He's got potential that will greatly exceed us.

No contradiction at all, our defence is a unit. Sean Morrison is one player. He could play fantastic individually every week but our defence as a unit could still be shit. Its not quite shit now, but its not great either - we all know why.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 20:15:37 »

For a defender? you dont pick a defender because he is a threat down the other of the pitch at set pieces.  You pick a defender because of his defensive attributes, any threats they add at the other end is exactly what i would class as a bonus for a defender.

Well if you have a certain amount of defenders..all of whom are conceding as a team...for me the player who is scoring important goals...as he has done regularly would be first name down for me.

Its easy to blame the the youngest least experienced player when the going gets tough...after Austin, Morrison would be first name down on the sheet for me....makes the odd mistake like all young players...but makes up for it with scoring and more importantly his attitude which is spot on and as i say future captain material...........in my humble opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 20:19:25 »

Whilst im not putting the blame solely on Morrison. Scoring 5 or 6 from defence whilst conceding 15 odd goals isnt 'making up' for it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: