Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I can't be arsed to read all the other Parkin threads  (Read 1337 times)
DMR

« on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 18:59:13 »

So I'll just say it here...

Until half and hour ago I thought he'd still be here come August. My heart won't let me beleive he'll go, but the truth it it looks inevitable now. And I'm gutted, frankly. As much as you prepare for days like this it hurts like fuck when you see it materialise for real.

He's shown incredible abilty, uncompromising effort and serious loyalty to this club, and he's scored a stack of goals, including some pearlers. I'm sure all of this has been mentioned before so I won't harp on about it.

You can be sure as hell, I'm writing to him tomorrow via the club. I don't have one bad word to say about the bloke. He had time for everyone and thus I'll always have time for him.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/images/NewsPictures/2005/February/15/spsamm.jpg

Legend. Thankyou for 3 brilliant seasons.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 19:20:57 »

Super Sammy Parkin.  If there is anything Swindon could do to keep him, I'm sure it'd be done, but sadly he's too good a player for this division and has been for a while.  Hopefully we will majorly cash in on him and King can find a suitable replacement.  Roberts and Fallon starting up front next season ain't a bad pairing though!
Melksham Red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 19:36:04 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
So I'll just say it here...

Until half and hour ago I thought he'd still be here come August. My heart won't let me beleive he'll go, but the truth it it looks inevitable now. And I'm gutted, frankly. As much as you prepare for days like this it hurts like fuck when you see it materialise for real.

He's shown incredible abilty, uncompromising effort and serious loyalty to this club, and he's scored a stack of goals, including some pearlers. I'm sure all of this has been mentioned before so I won't harp on about it.

You can be sure as hell, I'm writing to him tomorrow via the club. I don't have one bad word to say about the bloke. He had time for everyone and thus I'll always have time for him.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/images/NewsPictures/2005/February/15/spsamm.jpg

Legend. Thankyou for 3 brilliant seasons.

Well said. Unfortunately ive seen it all before so am hardened to it now. The fact we all knew he was off has softened the blow for me. Ive seen plenty of players go, many with more ability than SSP where we have had no notice at all (Shearer being an example)

Good luck Sammy. Now go get your new club promoted earning us a nice little windfall and a nice liitle sell on fee when you move up the ladder again.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 19:40:02 »

Rumour on Sky Sports News was 500k to Ipswich, and Royle has stated his interest. But 500k, you're havin' a laugh!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 19:46:20 »

The thing that's confused me about the Parkin transfer is this reputed minimum fee release clause.  From what I could determine on the adver site there are two fees - a "talk" fee, whereby Parkin can only talk to a club if a fee is offered, and a minimum release clause ala on Championship Manager.

Now it appears, seeing as we've accepted the offer rather than having our hand forced, that the talk fee has been triggered but not the latter.  I would assume the minimum release clause is pretty high, but seeing as Watford spoke to him with a 300k bid plus two jokers suggests he was allowed to talk at a rather low level fee.

All this means is basically a club could lure Parkin away for a small fee, so rather than dig their heals in and keep him, they've decided to cash in.  It also says on the official site Parkin rejected a contract extension, which is disappointing but understandable, so it seems we had little choice, so I doubt the fee we'll get will be satisfactory.  I hope we get it all in one big lump and not in bits, but last time I checked Ipswich weren't the richest club in the Championship, and I wouldn't like to rely on them getting promoted for more money - particularly as we need it time for next season.

Now one thing is for certain - Fallon you've got fucking big boots to fill, but after the tail end of 03/04 season you're capable of filling them.  Particularly with superchav alongside you.
McLovin

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 08:02:30 »

I'm actually petrified of starting a season with Fallon and Roberts up front!  I hope they prove me wrong, but if that pair play 50% or more of our games together, we'll be struggling for goals near the foot of the table.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 08:22:43 »

fallon & roberts have the skill & capability to become a great pairing, but its gonna depend on weather they can get back to top form. like walrus said fallon was ace at the end of the play-off season, and IMO was getting back into form at the end of this season. we've seen that roberts can be quality on his day, he ripped sheff weds & hull apart this season, but its weather they can do this week in week out.

hopefully they can, if not, it seems ricky ricky shakes can play as a striker too, & king may bring in another striker yet aswell, lets wait & see.

as for parkin - legend! best of luck for the future!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 08:46:53 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I'm actually petrified of starting a season with Fallon and Roberts up front!  I hope they prove me wrong, but if that pair play 50% or more of our games together, we'll be struggling for goals near the foot of the table.

Don't worry we wont start wit Fallon and Roberts up front.....Fallon's suspended.

MelkshamRed is right this move has been handled well, we've known for a long time its happpening, gave SSP a decent send off, and presumably King has been doing something in the background about a replacement dtriker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: