Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise Men Say - Episode 2  (Read 2392 times)
wisemensay

« on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 21:53:10 »

Hi,

Episode 2 of Wise Men Say is now available for download/streaming.

http://wisemensaystfc.blogspot.com/2010/09/episode-2-is-ready-for-your-consumption.html

We've taken on quite a lot of the feedback from posts on here and also had a few contributions from people, so hope you enjoy! Smiley

Feel free to email us at wisemensay@live.co.uk

Cheers
Wise Men Say
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 21:56:58 by wisemensay » Logged
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 22:38:59 »

Didnt listen to the 1st one but im just downloading this to listen to on my journey home.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 10:07:59 »

Thought that was much better than the first one.

Perhaps its a learning curve or perhaps its because with just two people there are less instances of people talking over each other. Or maybe missing guy is the one who talks shite. I dont know.

At the end of each one you do your predictions, would probably be worth re-visiting these in the next podcast - maybe even keep some sort of score just to see who is getting the most correct. I cant remember when you said in the first episode but be interesting to see if anyone got the results right.

As for the content, the formation was a main talking point and rightfully so. It seemed the whole time it was discussed the point wasnt made that - part of the reason for maybe sticking with it the whole game was the fact it stopped Southampton playing. They had Puncheon behind the front two and I guess the idea was to go through him but Douglas was always with him, forcing Saints to go long which Cuthbert and Morrison dealt with - although thats just my opinion, it might not have got a mention because it might not be your opinion.

I'm glad I know where Charlie has his sunday dinner!! but I'm sure most of us wanted to know whether he looked in any pain or was wearing a sling? it wasnt mentioned so I assume he wasnt? thats got to be a bit of good news, right?
wisemensay

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 17:53:08 »

Cheers for the feedback Dave, although we feel episode 2 is an improvement, we still think there's more we could improve on! It helps having a structure  Smiley

As for Charlie, Robin saw him 2 Sundays ago, not yesterday, so we have no idea if he was in a sling or not. I do like the idea of him going to the Toby Carvery to cheer himself up though....
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 17:55:16 »

thought it was ok, if possible you should try and get people on who have been to the away games.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 19:11:54 »

Yep straight after, otherwise the state most get in, they wont remember by 5.15, and I do include myself before you mention it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 19:19:52 »

Cheers for the feedback Dave, although we feel episode 2 is an improvement, we still think there's more we could improve on! It helps having a structure  Smiley

As for Charlie, Robin saw him 2 Sundays ago, not yesterday, so we have no idea if he was in a sling or not. I do like the idea of him going to the Toby Carvery to cheer himself up though....

Ah, my mistake!

As the others have suggested, people who have been the away games would help.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 19:57:36 »

Its a bit middle of the road kinda BBCish for my tastes and the "funny" voices for the email address idents annoyed me. But fair play for having a go,I like that people take the time to do stuff like this .

/
W56196272
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 20:23:40 »

i agree drop the voice things, but well done.
wisemensay

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 20:29:40 »

Cheers all. We will almost certainly have someone in who has been to Walsall next time round and we're prob gonna go to D&R.

As for the middle of the road bit, I agree. We're still not at the point where we feel 'the shackles are off'.. Guess we're almost hiding behind standard football rhetoric. The annoying voices are all characters we've thought up over time, in jokes I guess. In a way that's our attempt to break loose from the BBC esque shackles but to be honest, I listened back to it earlier and they annoyed me too! It's a work in progress bascially, it's not as we want it yet either. It's very much trial and error but we do have a fairly set idea of how we want it to be eventually.

As always, all feedback is appreciated- a lot of the time we're thinking the same things as you're pointing out and so when you do point it out, it helps to validate it. If that makes any sense...?!
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 20:37:20 »

theres plenty of people on here that go away, im sure some would be up for it.
deltaincline

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 22:15:00 »

A better effort this time.

As others have alluded to, the wanky jingles are shockingly self indulgent. Just dont fucking do that shit. The dialogue is what most podcasts are about. If I want to listen to 'clever' jingles, Ill tune into a proper radio station.

The content is a lot better though, it's clearer, it's concise and you've managed to lose at least one complete twat from the PC1 line-up, so well done;-)

Looking forward to PC3.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: