Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Two bids accepted for Parkin  (Read 2491 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 08:07:22 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/4108528.stm

Here's hoping one of them is that Ipswich bid that has been rumoured!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 08:19:20 »

it fucking annoys me that every other website knows more about this Parkin transfer than our own official site.

why can't they get a grip and inform us through this other than via a third party.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 09:05:06 »

i just hope its not Brighton's bid with that coca cola comp they won! dont go there Sam please! anywhere but there!
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 09:45:20 »

It wont be Brighton Rich, (that would be shit, right Wink ) theres no way they can match the spending power of Norwich and Ipswich.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 09:47:43 »

as i stated yesterday, brighton have pulled out, cant afford it, as seen in local evening argus.

hahahahahaha
Marie

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 09:49:10 »

skysports.com have said that brighton have pulled out as the 700,000 price tag is too expensive for them. "even though the player himself (parkin) had an interest in us "(brighton).
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:09:11 »

"even though the player himself (parkin) had an interest in us "

Bollocks...thats all can be said for that comment!

Please go to Ipswich so we can still see you be successful!

Come on YOU REDS!
Melksham Red

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:12:03 »

Why do people think Parkin would not be interested in a move to Brighton? They are in the Championship, can pay higher wages and are close to his home. And don't say it would be a sideways move because it would be a step up in footballing terms.
magnum150

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:14:34 »

Not sure their wages would be that much higher than ours. If you look at gate receipts etc.

Please be Ipswich. £700k would be a good price for Sam and hopefully give AK some transfer funds for a replacement. Beckett anyone?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:17:04 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Why do people think Parkin would not be interested in a move to Brighton? They are in the Championship, can pay higher wages and are close to his home. And don't say it would be a sideways move because it would be a step up in footballing terms.

have to disagree with you on that one, yes they are in the championship, but only just, they will again be odds on to go down as they have less money than us, last season they had to sell top players to survive eg.cullip,harding. and there is still no response from prescott over falmer.

plus they are a total bunch of fuckin cunts
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:20:20 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"

sorry Melksham Red but that comment is bollox.

He needs to further his carrier and there is no way he would do this at a struggleing championship side.
Only way it is a move up is cos they are in the championship but probably only for 1 more season.
they have no chance of progresion up the league and will no way improve Parkin.

Who cares how close to his home it is as he has stated he would move if need be.

Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 11:34:01 »

We are a struggling league 1 side, they a struggling Championship side. In footballing terms they are a division above us. If you're a footballer Brighton is a more attractive proposition. I think some people are letting the play-off defeat cloud their judgement.

It doesn't matter anyway because he will not go there.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 11:41:23 »

Can't see why norwich would want Parkin, I see Ashton as quite a similar player, can't see them making a good partnership. I'm also hoping Ipswich, would be great to see Parkin on MOTD in a couple of years time!!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 11:58:13 »

700k!? im happy with that! didn't think it would be that high.

Ipswich i think will get his signature, you never know might still stay.  :-))(
Papa Smurf

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 12:00:39 »

Looks like it's gonna be 500K

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/Forum_New/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22040
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: