Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 36782 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:04:11 »

I'd take 5mill cash for him.

Lick my Arse Orifice good one!

He aint no way worth that, if they stump up £1.5mill I think we would snap their hand off in all honesty, but I don't think they will and I also don't think he will leave.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:05:48 »

if this is true,austin will know what is on offer from millwall(contract length,pay,higher division etc). if it's better than here,i think he will ask for improved terms or will leave.
i was sure he will go next summer anyway,this just might speed his departure up.
Dozno9

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:11:04 »

The position we are in, both financial and league means all of our players will leave if a decent bid comes in we cannot afford to say no to clubs.

If we don't do something now in terms of contract revision then Austin will go next summer without a doubt. So we might as well cash in if the bid is decent enough but I doubt Millwall will pay the £1m+ figure for what is very young and untried player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:14:58 »

If we cash in on Austin who else will score goals in our team (assuming no replacement is made)? But its more than that, this would be a massive kick in the balls for the fan base. The opposite of a statement of intent.

But yes, all players have a price. But we fans largely don't think of the commercials!

My worry isn't that Millwall will sign him, but that this will be the bid that brings other bids out from other (bigger) clubs. And then it cold be see ya later.
Dozno9

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:22:28 »

That's what I think, it will raise other clubs interest.

I don't want him to leave, I hope the board sticks to their guns and repel any bid for him. We have no other striker really and losing him would piss me right off. We get a decent player and they leave after a season its starting to rile me slightly.

But hey, if he does go Wilson will get a decent replacment and stick him on the bench. Someone to talk to Ferry.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:24:10 »

It's a bullshit rumour with no foundation. Media talk.

Now where are those straws that need clinging to?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 14:41:14 »

Yes but we've already lost Paynter and sold Greer so far this summer. To lose our best player (or more to the point our hottest prospect) at this stage would be stupid. Money or not we can't be that short. We sold Henshall for 250k and Greer for a sum thought to be around that mark as well. So we're already looking at 500k netted through player sales this summer. Why do we need to sell Austin? And if we do sell we're up shit creek in terms of the playing side. I'd have hoped Fitton as a footballing man who takes a lot of interest in that side of things would not be stupid enough to sell.

All very true....but Charlie has been a bit lethargic this season.....personally I'd cash in on a Cox type offer and use the funds for further rebuilding.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 14:42:43 »

All very true....but Charlie has been a bit lethargic this season.....personally I'd cash in on a Cox type offer and use the funds for further rebuilding.

That's the point though Reg. There isn't time to rebuild. We've got less than 72 hours before the window shuts. To sell now would be totally stupid.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 14:48:28 »

That's the point though Reg. There isn't time to rebuild. We've got less than 72 hours before the window shuts. To sell now would be totally stupid.

There are loans to be had, then maybe pay some money in Jan....something like 1.5 to 2 mill would be impossible to turn down. 

I'm sure it wouldn't be....500 to 750 could be turned down.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:00:40 »

we're not going anywhere this season, might as well take the money. it makes good 'business sense'

we're going to be stuck in the botton 2 tiers for life now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:01:03 »

haha. fuck off

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:02:36 »

Someone put Dave on suicide watch
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:05:19 »

we're not going anywhere this season, might as well take the money. it makes good 'business sense'

L1 is our natural home.....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:08:26 »

Someone put Dave on suicide watch

[url width=230 height=230]http://s9.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Ticking-Time-Bomb-Alarm-Clock_02D78330.jpg[/url]
Spencer_White

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:14:03 »

Try not to lose it and embaress yourself again eh?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: