Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise Vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 25850 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:09:05 »

Damn right, but we've known that all along, I just hope the right guy is out there.  Right now selling Greer looks like a fucking stupid decision.

If only someone called it at the time!!

I fail to see why Wilson couldnt see it.

Also, with regards to Douglas - I'd take Lucas captain.
Panda Paws

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:10:36 »

Also, with regards to Douglas - I'd take Lucas captain.

Club captain for sure, but he leads on the pitch as it is, he doesnt need the armband. Far more of a natural leader than Dougie it appears from the stand anyway
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:12:46 »

Exactly, and if being the on field captain is something that is effecting Douglas game - then sort it, get it off of him.

How many more chances for Pericard?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:22:43 »

I fail to see why Wilson couldnt see it.

Probably saw it but failed to stop it. What do you do if the player wants to go and £250k is sitting in offer? IF that is what happened.

The bigger issue is he hasn't been adequately replaced. Yet. Transfer /loan deadline day hasn't passed.

How many more chances for Pericard?

As many as Paynter? He went through lean spells too.

Pericard has to start producing soon. So far he's looked like a rich man's Trevor Benjamin!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:24:31 by Batch » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:25:25 »

Pericard 2 starts in 20.

Approx. 436 out of 1800 minutes available in those 20 games he's featured in. I'd still like to see 90 minutes from him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:26:30 »

Probably saw it but failed to stop it. What do you do if the player wants to go and £250k is sitting in offer? IF that is what happened.

The bigger issue is he hasn't been adequately replaced. Yet. Transfer /loan deadline day hasn't passed.

That was my point - when the offer was on the table - even if Greer wanted to go, we shouldnt have agreed until we had a replacement lined up.

Pericard has always been shit, maybe he had one good season for Portsmouth 10 years ago. He's had enough time on the pitch, in a decent free scoring team and done nothing.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:27:10 »

What a fucking crap performance. The defence is useless and we are creating nothing going forward, no movement and no desire.

Lucas was great today, made a few outstanding saves.

Caddis dis alright, looks great going forward but gets caught with balls over the top a lot.

Thought Morrison had another solid performance, yet I still feel we lack leadership at the back, I will be dissapointed if we don't bring a CB by tuesday I will be concerend.

We also need a LB, Rose looks awful, I know it's only been 4 games but he had been at fault for a few goals and his distribution is poor.

I am delighted Prutton got sent off, means DW will have to drop him, he is so lazy and generally useless, hopefully having Ferry back in the middle will help improve JD's performances aswell as he hasn't been the player of last year.

JPM had his worst game for a very long time, didn't want the ball and never gave Caddis an option. I think he misses having Manks behind him.

AOB was good today, he was a constant threat, he was beating players and putting good crosses in frequently.

Austin was quiet, had no service but still gave 100% I think once Dossevi is fully fit, him and Austin will have a good partnership.

Milton Keynes is horrible. The stadium is nice looking, but so souless, it didn't feel like a football stadium, it wad wired, it didn't seem right. And the plastic fans were all cunts. Our support was a tad gash.

We do need to sort this out, it's getting a little concerning, we need a CB and a LB as a must, I love DW and would hate him  to be under pressure but we need a win and soon.

I hope it all clicks soon.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:31:21 »

we shouldnt have agreed until we had a replacement lined up.

I guess that depends on how hard ball Brighton played over a "take it or leave it" offer. Impossible to know why he was sold when he was without all the facts.

Either way Wilson must have had faith we'd be OK at least in the interim.

FWIW I've only seen 2 games this season (Brighton and Orient). In both of them I've thought the central midfield pairing looked as concerning as the back 4.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:34:54 »

I agree Batch but with regards to midfield - we at least have Ferry sat on the bench. Rose at left back, we at least have Kennedy sat on the bench.

In defence, we've tried all 3 of our 'senior' centre backs and the only other opition is Will Evans.

In the other poor positions we at least have other options, we dont have any at CB.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:38:32 »

I agree with your post. Except left back, not sure if Kennedy is the answer, not seen him play enough. What is Sheehan up to?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:41:01 »

Kennedy hasnt played alot of games admittedly but when he has done, he hasnt put a foot wrong for us. Quite the opposite. He's always pleasantly surprised me with his performances.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:43:04 »

Sheehan's still at Leeds doing fuck all I believe
Rich Pullen

« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 21:51:22 »

Yep, Leeds are/were asking for a reasonably sizeable fee.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:41:15 »

Yep, Leeds are/were asking for a reasonably sizeable fee.

and how much are we spending on Rose/Prutton/Ball/Pericard ?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:45:25 »

I don't know. I was going along with a quote from Danny Wilson before we signed Rose.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:47:03 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: