Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise Vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 25936 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:53:41 »

Fucking hell, not back to the Greer transfer (again)?!

Your posts are less reasonable than Bart's these days Dave.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:04:14 »

It sounds to me we are still missing what we missed at Wembley.

Most of last season we had Greer to bring the ball out of defense, and link up with the midfield. Cuthbert didn't do that job last season (he generally passed the ball to Greer to do that) and I don't believe that Morrison can do the job.

I can only see us continuing to struggle until we find someone who can do that as well as organise the back four.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:13:03 »

Mediocre first half and i was amazed we went in a goal up!

Looked strong until the MK goal went in...then collapsed into a Malpas style shit storm.

Prutton is a liability....deserved to go...poor!

A long season on this display.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:16:59 »

Fucking hell, not back to the Greer transfer (again)?!

Your posts are less reasonable than Bart's these days Dave.

They arent.

We havent replaced him and it will be an issue until we do.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:20:36 »

Yep, prutton and douglas is not working as a partnership, cuthbert and morrison likewise.  Very poor spine to the team as a result.  I have no doubt we will at some point click but we need new personnel in defence.  I believe Ferry and Douglas will do the job next week in midfield.

MK ground is new shiny and has the soul of the average x factor contestant.  None.  If any of you want to complain about it being quiet at the CG just go to mk.  The atmosphere of a black hole ( I await the rocket scientists out there pointing out that there is loads of atmosphere in a black hole)

Regardless it was nice to see Mex and meet Adge and Sonic youth (who I blame for the defeat) and his Norwegian lady.

Never knowingly overstated.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:32:49 »

Without meaning to sound all Scouse, calm down, calm down. We're a handful of games in and are still bedding in a host of new players and getting used to playing without the likes of Billy GG and Ward. We'll get there but it will take time.

There is real quality in our squad and management team and once we get this first win monkey off our back I've no doubt we'll kick on.

Keep the faith.

"Great save, Digby."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:36:17 »

They arent.

We havent replaced him and it will be an issue until we do.

Maybe we should buy him back. Or just keep posting about it over and over and over and over and over again.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:37:12 »

There is real quality in our squad

Go on Mark ................... 3 or 4 players yes

Squad no
Talk Talk

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:37:24 »

I await the rocket scientists out there pointing out that there is loads of atmosphere in a black hole

I would like to point out that an astrophysicist might, not a rocket scientist.

There. That ok?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:42:44 »

Maybe we should buy him back. Or just keep posting about it over and over and over and over and over again.

Fred Elliot likes this
deltaincline

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:46:16 »

At the risk of sounding like Brian Clough, Prutton would do his career, Danny Wilson and the fans a massive favour by binning the outdated gypo headband, shaving his head and rolling his sleeves up with a renewed and positive fucking attitude when he's served his one match ban.

A shite fucking honeymoon period is now well and truly over for him after todays sending off. He needs to forget his Leeds Mafia days and start repaying Wilsons faith in signing him.

Can not believe we cant sign a replacement for GG at our level, even if its a loan signing. It's not like we're a prem side having to splash 150k a week.

Harsh maybe, but Cuthbert would be my choice to make way for a new CB. Morrison will be a massive player for us and we need him playing regularly or he'll fuck off somewhere else. I'd slot Cuthbert in at whichever FB berth he feels most comfortable in and sort the other side out accordingly.

We have no problems up front, with Dosevvi and Austin being my first choices. They've had fuck all service so far this season from a midfield that lacks creativity. If they were missing chances, fair enough, but we create fuck all for them so they are off the hook for the moment.

Dont think we should be too worried. Ferry will give us more going forward now Prutton is out of the picture and Wilson has to bring in a few new faces before TDD - or face the consequences.

Boardroom pressure will be building on DW after the manner we've started this season. Easy to forget, as we just plug into games as and when, and rant on the forums etc after matches, but Wilson will be in constant day-to-day contact with Fitton and the board. They've spent a lot of fucking dosh on the club and have funded a pretty decent transfer / wages budget as well. I'd imagine anything resembling waffle, bullshit or half-baked excuses for our poor start wont fucking wash with them and DW is probably shuddering everytime his home phone starts ringing.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:47:54 »

...or we could sign a replacement.

what a fucking novel idea.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:52:03 »

What Delta said

Fuck me that is the first time in 6 years I have ever agreed with anything that cunt has said
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:54:58 »

...or we could sign a replacement.

what a fucking novel idea.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:56:15 »

Sorry, did we sign a replacement last week?

my deepest apologies.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: