Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GCSE/Exam Results  (Read 12308 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 19:47:46 »

How come so many took R.E.? When I took mine we only had to chose one humanity. I chose Geography, fuck History or R.E. Crispy, I never gave a fuck about my grades. I didn't even collect them, my parents asked if they could, so they did and told me a few days later when I phoned home.

As for proving grades, a mate of mine blagged having a degree and A-Levels (he only had GCSEs) and got a top job in Nationwide. He later left and got the very degree he claimed to have already had. Legend.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 19:50:43 »

Indeed, we had to do one hour of R.E. a week in year 10 and 11 and got some certificate of achievement or something.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 19:53:49 »

And leave all you lot behind? I know you couldnt live without me  Girl Giggle Wink
They have internet in the colonies nowadays. They even have internet on Manchester Road.

I destroyed my GCSE results/certificates as soon as I got them. Never been asked for them, whether applying for jobs or enrolling on a variety of college courses that I dropped out of
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:02:36 »

I lost mine pretty much straight away, which annoyed me. Haven't needed them for any jobs or to enrol in uni this year though, so i'm less bothered now.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Div

« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:08:39 »

Not caring about school is cool nowadays, it's not good to do well.

Fuck GCSE's, get paid to 'turn up' until your 18 with EMA, then get a job which will lead you somewhere*.

Education is nothing but debt after that, with no way to pay it back unless you went to Oxford/Cambridge or decide your degree is worth shit and forget all about it, and get a job as per *.

(But GCSE's were easy  Embarrassed)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:10:14 »

The only time I've ever been asked to provide original certificates was when I applied for membership of a professional organisation. So if you want to become a chartered engineer (or similar) in the future, don't lose them....
Doore

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:20:05 »

I recently moved jobs to a local authority in the north west.  I had to provide both my degree certificates, all of my A level and As level certificates, and all of my GCSE certificates - all originals as well.  It took days, and a round trip of 300 miles, to find them.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:36:30 »

I did O levels,i failed them all except Cooking.Ive never been asked to prove my results but ive always had utterly shit jobs Sad

/
W56196272
König

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:45:15 »

i'm at the stage of making life decisions, i've got a uni offer but really don't know if i want to take it as it's at Bristol which i think is too close to home, lord knows why i even put it at my first choice. but the thing is if i don't take it i'd have no idea what else to do with my life, parents are pushing me to go and banging on about well paid jobs etc, why is it that everything revolves around money? ultimately don't we all just do the same, be born work until we're 70 and then die, i don't want to be stuck in a job i hate all my life just to earn good money, which is why i have no clue what to do.

ha this has been a bit of an outpouring, any counselling appreciated  Wink
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:51:09 »

I'd go. University is a cracking way to avoid having to get a job for a few years, fuck financial responsibility and all that, enjoy your life.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:56:17 »

I'd go. University is a cracking way to avoid having to get a job for a few years, fuck financial responsibility and all that, enjoy your life.

What he said
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 21:27:54 »

I think uni's fine, if you know what you want to do with yourself. I've been slated by my mates because I chose to go into employment rather than go to uni like they did. We've basically lived the exact same lives, only I had a lot more money to do it with and could also afford to do things they could not (ie, travel to away games). Now a few have come out of it and can't find proper work, are in shitloads of debt and have found themselves temping on horrible hours which have totally ruined their social lives whereas I've found myself a career path which gives me enough money for a car, a house, a good amount of disposable income so I can thoroughly enjoy my life. Alright I've got a lot more responsibility on my shoulders, but I prefer it that way.

Of course there are success stories, but I work with people doing the shittest jobs ever who have degrees in Computer Science & whatnot. In fact the only person I can really think of that has done pretty well out of it is our very own Si Pie! So I guess it depends on the person really, and what they ultimately want to do. I don't regret not going at all tbh, but I'n sure there are plenty on here who will obviously have their own positive experiences.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 21:34:04 »

i'm at the stage of making life decisions, i've got a uni offer but really don't know if i want to take it

I was in the same position. I ended up not going. Just my opinion, but if you're questioning whether to go or not then there must be some doubt in your mind.

Sometimes, with hindsight, I wish I went to Uni. But most of the time, I'm glad I didn't. I'd be screwed financially right now and wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting a job. Plus I wouldn't be married, mortgaged and have a kid.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 21:34:26 »

I think uni's fine, if you know what you want to do with yourself. I've been slated by my mates because I chose to go into employment rather than go to uni like they did. We've basically lived the exact same lives, only I had a lot more money to do it with and could also afford to do things they could not (ie, travel to away games). Now a few have come out of it and can't find proper work, are in shitloads of debt and have found themselves temping on horrible hours which have totally ruined their social lives whereas I've found myself a career path which gives me enough money for a car, a house, a good amount of disposable income so I can thoroughly enjoy my life. Alright I've got a lot more responsibility on my shoulders, but I prefer it that way.

Of course there are success stories, but I work with people doing the shittest jobs ever who have degrees in Computer Science & whatnot. In fact the only person I can really think of that has done pretty well out of it is our very own Si Pie! So I guess it depends on the person really, and what they ultimately want to do. I don't regret not going at all tbh, but I'n sure there are plenty on here who will obviously have their own positive experiences.

Yup. I don't regret not going to Uni either. May not have as much of the lifstyle but I sure as hell have enjoyed the free money from living at home.
Panda Paws

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 21:35:39 »

At the moment, if you have a uni place take it. In the current climate its a good time to go to uni, but a very bad time to try and find substantial work. In three years the climate should be growing and recovering, and it should be a good place to graduate into.

Not only that, but uni is the best three years of your life, so long as you enjoy the course and the occupations it is preparing you for. But do it for you, not your parents or anyone else. I went to Bristol to study Aeronautical Engineering because, basically, my parents and college tutors wanted me to, but I soon quit and went elsewhere to study what I love and what I want to do for the rest of my life, loved every second of it and came out with a first class degree
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: