Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30571 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 07:36:27 »

Although yesterday's game was disappointing, I don't think any panic buttons need pressing just yet. Rose made a huge fuck-up for their goal, but I still think he'll prove his worth to us. I'm beginning to think that Prutton is one of those players who never looks interested, even when they are. And once again I think he'll come good. Dossevi looked very promising, he just needs to get used to the pace and physicality of the English game. Austin kept running and trying all game, Caddis had a poor first half (By his standards) but improved in the 2nd. For me, the best thing yesterday was seeing Morrison look so in-control; he was even shouting instructions out to the rest of the defence. Too soon to say for sure, but I think he'll grow into the role of leader (Whether for us or someone else, who knows) Kennedy also showed signs that he could be useful this season.

Obviously there were some negatives too, but fuck it, I'll let all you depressing cunts pick those bones.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 08:24:46 »

This time (ish) last year we were moaning about late goals conceded and lots of draws. This year we are conceding early instead.

The season proper won't get underway until september/october. We have a few issues, hopefully we'll sort them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 09:04:41 »

I thought both teams were poor at the back yesterday and will both leak goals all season.

We were better going forward than against Brighton, but still far too hesitant. Not enough movement again. If we had put them under pressure for just 2 or 3 minutes we would have scored, they would have crumbled. If the ball breaks free to Austin in the box he'll probably score. 

Basically we need more ideas from the training ground onto the pitch. More organisation.

I thought Dossevi and Pericard both looked very hungry and it was a real shame neither scored. I think Pericard appreciated the support from the crowd. Ball really looked up for the challenge of playing left wing, he didnt look lost like he did against Brighton, a player improving all the time. O'Brien is frustrating because you can see him winning the crowd over and then he does something stupid like running the ball out of play, but I think he is getting there. Caddis and Prutton need to do more going forward. Defense still looks dodgy.

Better crowd than expected as well. Fingers crossed we can get 12,000+ against Southampton.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 09:06:57 by Spencer_White » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 09:56:46 »

We were outside the play offs until we started that charge in November. I always remember Orient at home as being that game where everything seemed to click. I'm still totally calm.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:22:24 »

It's good to hear that the fans were getting behind Pericard. I still believe he will come good, as will the team as a whole.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:31:36 »

We were outside the play offs until we started that charge in November. I always remember Orient at home as being that game where everything seemed to click. I'm still totally calm.

Without wishing to alarm you, we hit 6th place after 6 games...we then were starting a 12 game unbeaten run, which ended when Douglas got sent off and we lost a couple, so dropping down a bit, then we won at Tranny with BP coming back in after being dropped. It was probably the reserves game when BP and Charlie both got a brace, so Wilson brought him in at Carlisle that changed our season.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:33:49 »

Judging by yesterday's game, and what I've seen so far, I would replace Caddis, Rose,  Prutton, and Dossevi with Amankwah, Kennedy, Ferry, and Pericard, but of course this will not happen yet.

ust be the oldest
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:46:16 »

Without wishing to alarm you, we hit 6th place after 6 games...we then were starting a 12 game unbeaten run, which ended when Douglas got sent off and we lost a couple, so dropping down a bit, then we won at Tranny with BP coming back in after being dropped. It was probably the reserves game when BP and Charlie both got a brace, so Wilson brought him in at Carlisle that changed our season.

Really!? Point taken on the Carlisle game. Ok, we didn't solidify ourselves as PO contenders until later on. No panic stations. There is a slight cause for concern, but I shall be keeping the faith.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:49:16 »

Didn't go to Hartlepool then Arriba?

no i didn't.
if he was to blame for goals conceeded, then maybe he did deserve to be dropped?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 10:58:09 »

Lescinel was injured, not dropped.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:04:35 »

LJF was out with a hamstring?

But on Morrison's showing yesterday, I can't see him reclaiming his place at MK on Saturday.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:25:55 »

why would you drop Caddis?

Probably because he didn't have a very good game defensively.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:30:04 »

I'm developing serious man-love for Caddis and anyone who slates him deserves an invite round Fred's house.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:33:48 »

But to be fair Reg the majority of that unbeaten run (I think it was actually 11 games) were draws. The one positive I have taken thus far is that we are unbeaten in 2 and the main reason both were not wins is because we've cocked up at the back on 3 occasions.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:34:48 »

Whilst I know your post has an element of tongue-in-cheek about it, I've no doubt Caddis will be a quality player for us but it didn't happen for him yesterday.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: