Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30736 times)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:48:16 »

jfl did fuck all to get dropped.
if i were him i'd be fucking fuming.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:49:04 »

I really rated Vincent but he wasn't a Wilson type defender - ie he defended and was crap going forward. But he was the last decent left back we had. JFL is still learning, Sheehan was massively overrrated and was certainly a lot worse after being given a shitting on my the Pikeys Oli and going off injured. As for Rose, well enough said. Based on today, I'd give Kennedy a shot. He's certainly bulked out a bit. 

Still learning though Chalkie me thinks.

I think that Morrison earned his corn today and deserves another shot.

Would you not consider JFL back at LB ?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:49:39 »

He is Mythical, so is Mrs Spacey, and Barry

Woaaah, this is all going way over my head. Does spacey sit in the town end?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:51:20 »

Injured.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:52:24 »

Woaaah, this is all going way over my head. Does spacey sit in the town end?

he is a free spirit

you need to watch out for Barry though, he has a habit of popping a carp in yo' ass
Meth Test

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:53:46 »

"jfl did fuck all to get dropped.
if i were him i'd be fucking fuming."

Gifted away a very soft goal last week and got none of the flak Rose got...?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:53:47 »

Still learning though Chalkie me thinks.

I think that Morrison earned his corn today and deserves another shot.

Would you not consider JFL back at LB ?
I actually rate JFL. I'd be happy with him at LB ( sorry Batch ) but Kennedy played well today and dexserves his shot. Rose either needs to play left midfield or be dropped at the moment. As arriba says if JFL was fit, then I'd be seriously fucked off if I were him.   

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:54:34 »

Injured.

if so fairy muff.
looked like morrison was going to come in anyway though (adver during the week)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:58:11 »

I actually rate JFL. I'd be happy with him at LB ( sorry Batch ) but Kennedy played well today and dexserves his shot. Rose either needs to play left midfield or be dropped at the moment. As arriba says if JFL was fit, then I'd be seriously fucked off if I were him.   

As Sam said, was muted he was injured, I like Kennedy but he does have a habit of looking for the hoof ball. JFL at least tries to play it along the line, which I think suits AOB/ BALL
Barry Scott

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 23:13:30 »

I haven't read this thread, although will in the morning, but wanted to say that I listened to this game on the radio while watching it at the CG and was annoyed at the criticism of O'Brien who, I thought, had a great game.

All they talked about was that he needs to improve his delivery, when on several crosses they criticised him for were actually deflections. He had a great game and it properly pissed me off, as that commentary made O'Brien out to be quite poor and in the end caused me to turn it off. Oh and Pericard had a great game, last shot excused.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 23:20:56 »

I haven't read this thread, although will in the morning, but wanted to say that I listened to this game on the radio while watching it at the CG and was annoyed at the criticism of O'Brien who, I thought, had a great game.

All they talked about was that he needs to improve his delivery, when on several crosses they criticised him for were actually deflections. He had a great game and it properly pissed me off, as that commentary made O'Brien out to be quite poor and in the end caused me to turn it off. Oh and Pericard had a great game, last shot excused.

I am really liking AOB's start to the season bazza. His pace is frightening not only to me but the opposition, he is turining out to be a real handful.

Oh, and Vic Morgan is a useless cunt
Panda Paws

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 23:52:50 »

Didn't go to Hartlepool then Arriba?
deltaincline

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 00:07:28 »

Just a few thought on today; Both full backs were shite defensively today. Caddis offers us an option to play him in midfield, but Rose will struggle to find an alternative berth unless injuries play a part.

Morrison was brilliant at center back, but we miss Greers ability to keep a cool head when under pressure. Ditto his controlled passing out of defence, which brought the midfielders into the game very quickly last season and also took the opposition strikers out of the game at the same time.

Maybe Morrison will add that to his game with experience and age, but there's no escaping the fact that Greer had those traits in abundance and we're missing them like fuck at the moment.

Prutton looks like he's one fucking hell of an ego merchant. Strutting around like johnny big bollocks is all well and good if the performances match up. So far though, he's an expensive signing who mostly gets in the way of last seasons best and most consistent performer, JD. He took his goal well, but he's too slow in mind and body at the moment. Needs to dig in and put in a performance before Simon Ferry pushes him aside.

Agree with the Vinnie supporters. He's a star in waiting. He's the only striker we have who'll really mix it consistently and once he gets his first goal, he'll be hard to stop.

St Charlie's contribution was good today, but he does sometimes seem pre-occupied by his right wrist injury / defect. Anyone have any idea why he has it constantly strapped up in that pink 1970's style NHS bandage??

Dossevi will be class as well. He looks very capable and gives us options up front.

Far too early to write us off. We're struggling a bit at the moment, but Wilson isn't a twat. I have no doubt he'll be working his nuts off to get the balance sorted out and will quickly bring in the faces he needs to slot in the right places. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 01:54:13 »

Oh, and Vic Morgan is a useless cunt

Vic is a 100% straight arrow...who happens to be a 100% Town fan. OK he's probably never going to get on 5Live, but that's the point..he's a Town fan who had the luck to turn a hobby into a job, from being in the right place at the right time....not that I listen to radio....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 06:34:33 »

Vic is a 100% straight arrow...who happens to be a 100% Town fan. OK he's probably never going to get on 5Live, but that's the point..he's a Town fan who had the luck to turn a hobby into a job, from being in the right place at the right time....not that I listen to radio....

I'm a town fan but it doesn't mean I would be any good on the radio. I just want to know what is happening in a game without having to work it out from crowd cheers, groans.

To that extent I'd rather have an outside like Hadwin who can do the job than an excitable Town fan that can't.

Sorry, Vic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: