Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30716 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:32:38 »

We have lost the spine of the team in the summer in Paynter, Ward, Sheehan and Greer.

Until we bring in like for like replacements or get more out of the players we have we will struggle to get anywhere near last seasons position. You cannot lose the spine of a side without adequate replacements and expect to go one better.
Sheehan part of the spine of our team? Not fucking likely! We miss Greer and Ward but Dossevi will be a more than adequate replacement given time. The problem in midfield is not due to us losing part of our spine

I usually sit in T211 if anyone wants to come give me a hug.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:36:34 by sonicyouth » Logged
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:33:45 »

Not Spacey you twat! That's me, Miss Angry, Jean-Francois is God and Bloody Paynter.

Jimmy Onions, say hello at the next game. I'm the short, shouty, scuffy one. Was wearing a T-Shirt with Danny Wilson's face on it today.

DANNY WILSON'S HAVING A PARTY!!

I've been lied too. I was told you were Spacey on this forum, my apologies sir.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Meth Test

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:34:58 »

We've had wank leftbacks for years now.

Sheehan was very ordinary really.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:35:38 »

Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:36:24 »

Ha, someone out Spacey'd Spacey.

Cheesy Indeed.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:36:52 »

We've had wank leftbacks for years now.

Sheehan was very ordinary really.

I thought Vincent did a good job here, could always hear him calling the line etc.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:36:57 »

Another frustrating game!

We started really well and I thought we were in for a nice comfortable 3-0 win but then Rose fucks up and we find ourselves behind out of nothing. The confidence visibly drained out of the players and it took us most of the first half to recover.

Second half wasn't too bad, we looked dangerous at times but never put together a period of sustained pressure where you felt that a goal was coming. Brentford had a couple of decent opportunities on the counter and you could argue we were lucky to come away with a point in that respect.

I don't share the opinion that Rose is complete shit, although as a full back he has shown very little evidence of actually being able to defend so far. Going forwards he's looked ok, maybe we could utilise him on the left of midfield because Kennedy looked solid enough at left back when he came on.

Was looking forward to seeing Caddis today but he disappointed me a little, like Rose defending isn't his strong point and their no. 11 roasted him everytime. Again may be better off in midfield, but I wouldn't drop swap him for JPM who is consistently one of our better players.

Finding it hard to like Prutton, he doesn't do enough for me, although he did improve as the game went on and would have won the game for us if Pericard had squared it to him at the end. Why did Shirtliff have to tell him to be greedy?!

Positives were Morrison and O'Brien, that is probably the best I have seen O'Brien play, if only he could cross but then he wouldn't be playing for us. Ball also looked lively and much improved on his display against Brighton.

I'm sure we will be ok, but we need to settle down into a formation and pattern of play that suits us sooner rather than later. At the moment we seem to be hoping for things to happen rather than making them happen.

Meth Test

« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:38:21 »

Yeah Vincent was probably the best of the bunch in recent times... defensively sound at least.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:40:26 »

Yeah Vincent was probably the best of the bunch in recent times... defensively sound at least.

I know it sounds stupid, but he did the simple things well

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:42:02 »

where is sheehan now anyway?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:42:40 »

Ha, someone out Spacey'd Spacey.

Cheesy Indeed.

Im so confused  Doh Whos Spacey then?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:43:28 »

I'm spacey and so's my wife
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:43:55 »

where is sheehan now anyway?

Good call, have not heard

still picking up a Leeds pay check ?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:45:22 »

Im so confused  Doh Whos Spacey then?

He is Mythical, so is Mrs Spacey, and Barry
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:46:36 »

I really rated Vincent but he wasn't a Wilson type defender - ie he defended and was crap going forward. But he was the last decent left back we had. JFL is still learning, Sheehan was massively overrrated and was certainly a lot worse after being given a shitting on my the Pikeys Oli and going off injured. As for Rose, well enough said. Based on today, I'd give Kennedy a shot. He's certainly bulked out a bit. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: