Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30569 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:20:26 »

Before last season I'd have agreed. But it's not like we saw much of him there last season and this re-energised JPM could have a better time of it. He spends long enough cutting inside as it is.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:26:17 »

We have lost the spine of the team in the summer in Paynter, Ward, Sheehan and Greer.

Until we bring in like for like replacements or get more out of the players we have we will struggle to get anywhere near last seasons position. You cannot lose the spine of a side without adequate replacements and expect to go one better.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:30:45 »

Not Spacey you twat! That's me, Miss Angry, Jean-Francois is God and Bloody Paynter.

Jimmy Onions, say hello at the next game. I'm the short, shouty, scuffy one. Was wearing a T-Shirt with Danny Wilson's face on it today.

DANNY WILSON'S HAVING A PARTY!!

Will do cocker, (I know Dave S vaguely anyway)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:34:46 »

If we're playing the TEF spotting game, which of the two people who were over 10 behind me are you Chalkie's Shorts?
Talk Talk

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:39:16 »

What hasn't been mentioned was Charlie Austin's contribution to the game.  He had a few half chances and if the ball had fallen kindly, he could have had a couple.  But what impressed me was the fact that he won virtually every header he went up for, loads of flick-ons, at least 2 defensive headers from their corners, and a couple in midfield in our half.  He got through loads of work and still kept going for 90 minutes - last year he'd have been knackered at 70 minutes and subbed. 

This. Some of my mates disagreed after the match, but I just love Austin's work when we are attacking. Cool, calm and considered passes and flicks. Real class and nobody seems to notice them.

AOB was good today. Pericard will score soon enough and his confidence will go sky high and he will be providing Charlie with shedloads of assists. I think Rose did ok today (yeah fuck off all of you slagger-offers) and both Kennedy and Morrison were highlights.

Overall disappointed with a draw but I think Brentford are well underestimated. They should have won that.
Panda Paws

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:55:39 »

The most frustrating thing is we're not a bad side. We're a decent side, it just hasn't clicked yet and we're being punished for the mistakes. There's very little wrong, but the tiny bits that are are fucking us over.

The only thing today, other than Rose's gift, that got me down was the subs. Firstly, the two back to back...do them at the same time. And Ball was brought on up top for no more than 5 mins then moved out wide, and combined with an injury, the game just died for 15 mins in the middle of the second half, when we should have been cranking it up.

Someone else mentioned Millwall last year starting slowly etc, and I agree. Lets have a look in 4 games time, but right now I'm still confident we'll be challenging for a play-off spot.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:56:22 »

Will do cocker, (I know Dave S vaguely anyway)

So that'd make you, what, O 57? I'm O 59, although due to forgetting my season ticket today and having to buy a replacement (which was for K81 or something) the stewards wouldn't let me in to that part of the town end. Until I snuck in, like a ninja.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 21:03:47 »

So that'd make you, what, O 57? I'm O 59, although due to forgetting my season ticket today and having to buy a replacement (which was for K81 or something) the stewards wouldn't let me in to that part of the town end. Until I snuck in, like a ninja.

Wondered why I saw you around that area.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 21:07:48 »

Wondered why I saw you around that area.

Where are you and Si sat now? I looked for you against Brighton but couldn't see you.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 21:09:17 »

Where are you and Si sat now? I looked for you against Brighton but couldn't see you.

We're still in the same place as the last couple of seasons.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 21:10:07 »

We're still in the same place as the last couple of seasons.

Doh bloody useless, me.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 21:10:26 »

As above although this season it seems a lot more busy in our little section.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:05:30 »

If we're playing the TEF spotting game, which of the two people who were over 10 behind me are you Chalkie's Shorts?
I was in V178 - second from the end. The really fat fucker in the white and green check shirt. I was sat between my daughter in V179 and my mate in V177. There were then 3 young uns in seats V176 - V174.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:14:30 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:27:28 »

I sit in M34 if anyone's interested.

Football friends?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Meth Test

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 22:30:45 »

We really need 3 points to get confidence and belief back into the side.

Pluses: Morrison's general performance and composure. Austin's aerial dominance of two monster centre-backs.

Negatives: Central midfield and fullback - Douglas must have been carrying a knock as that was easily the worst I've seen him in a Town shirt. Prutton gets a lot of flak but wasn't any worse than Douglas. Both fullbacks were scarily bad in the first 45.  Worst of all was Pericard's refusal to play in a team mate and go for glory - banjo, arse and cow spring to mind. The strange thing really was that Pericard looked ok until then...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: