Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30763 times)
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:40:01 »

I wasn't at the game today so had to confine myself to following events via this match day thread on here & also the BBC. Sounds a very frustrating game.

However, let's not get too down. The so-called big teams aren't piling up the points either.  Witness Southampton who dropped another couple of points at home, Huddersfield also took a beating today at Peterborough who themselves got thrashed last week by Bournemouth. We're still not out of anything although like most of you I'd wish we were making fewer mistakes & winning games.  Good to hear that two products of the youth scheme Morrison & Kennedy played today & by all accounts played well.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:40:47 »

What pissed me off more than anything was the fans on the way out saying we will be relegated this season...

That's quite possibly the most rediculous thing I have heard in my life

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:42:22 »

Nasty feeling this will be the after the lord mayors show season .... unless we are able to replace paynters goals, wards contribution and Greers leadership

agree completely.this has been the obvious problem that needed addressing.it wasn't and here we are.
those 3 players contribution to last seasons success was massive.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:44:31 »

Douglas and Prutton sat to deep which meant JPM and AOB came inside too much and the front two didn't get any service (apart from hoof balls up from the back).

Morrision was big positive for me. Appeared to be talking to the back 4 a lot too.

I'm struggling to see where the points are coming from in the next 3 games.
My thoughts entirely, the way Prutton and Douglas play leaves too big a hole behind the attackers.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:44:35 »

That's quite possibly the most rediculous thing I have heard in my life

And I'm deadly serious...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:48:22 »

As long as signings are made before THIS transfer window then it won't be too late. It's too easy for us fans to say 'we need this and we need that' and that's fair enough.

Wilson was right to give his current squad a chance, three games in and it's obviously clear that adjustments need to be made and I believe that they will...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:49:38 »

That was spacey and co. were also joining in with my Pericard revolution, i was just infront of them again on the stairs.

Not Spacey you twat! That's me, Miss Angry, Jean-Francois is God and Bloody Paynter.

Jimmy Onions, say hello at the next game. I'm the short, shouty, scuffy one. Was wearing a T-Shirt with Danny Wilson's face on it today.

DANNY WILSON'S HAVING A PARTY!!
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:03:43 »

As long as signings are made before THIS transfer window then it won't be too late. It's too easy for us fans to say 'we need this and we need that' and that's fair enough.

Wilson was right to give his current squad a chance, three games in and it's obviously clear that adjustments need to be made and I believe that they will...

And you know this because of all the games that you have been to?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:07:42 »

Amankwaah at RB. Caddis RM. JPM in the middle, we've got loads of CM options and AOB on the left.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bloody Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:09:46 »

Jimmy Onions, say hello at the next game. I'm the short, shouty, scuffy one. Was wearing a T-Shirt with Danny Wilson's face on it today.

..also looked a bit like a pork pie today, apparently.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:10:43 »

What about benching JPM? We all know his quality and he may not deserve it, but i reckon we'd have a better shape with caddis & AOB on the wings - two who look to take the full back on and get past them

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:14:20 »

Which is why I would push JPM inside. I suppose at the expense of Prutton. We need JPM on the pitch, he's our most creative player and when it comes to killer passes JPM is our best at that.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:14:28 »

Well as so many different people are identifying so many different problems, it's pretty obvious the resolution is not going to come about from changing a couple of players.

It may be a start, but the whole team isn't working together as well as it may and they will need to up their games if we are to reach the playoffs.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:17:07 »

..also looked a bit like a pork pie today, apparently.

Just no.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 20:17:13 »

Which is why I would push JPM inside. I suppose at the expense of Prutton. We need JPM on the pitch, he's our most creative player and when it comes to killer passes JPM is our best at that.

Whilst true I've never really been convinced with JPM when he's played in the middle. It may be a case of dropping your better players to get your best 11?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: