Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30646 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:27:37 »

Thank you Brentford for missing two sitters. It was one hell of a fuck up from Rose. If you take that away then he was still shit - defensively he is utter dogshit as he was in the other 3 games I've seen him in. Consdering he is the most experienced of the back 4, he is by far the weakest link. There were times again today when his communication with the other defenders was non existent. LB has been a problem since Vincent went. Kennedy did well there and we looked a lot stronger. 
Prutton got better as the game went on. Morrison was very good and deserved MOM. AOB, i thuogh played really well more so in the first half. JPM doesn't quite seem the same player this season - he's still busy but as someone lese says I think he misses Manky. Caddis had a bad game today but hopefully its a one off.
I thuoght Big Vince should have came on earlier to knock the defenders around. its a real shame he missed at the end but at least he had a crack. Austin and Dossevi doesn't appear to be working .....yet. If we can get Dossevi match fit and up to speed with the English game he will be one hell of a player. He's brave, got a great touch and is intelligent - possibly too intelligent with some of his runs. I do wonder whether we need to go 4-3-3 with Austin, Pericard and Dossevi up front.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:31:31 »

Not that it would have made a difference but the sitter that Weston missed was offside anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:32:07 »

Caddis was getting turned inside out by their number 11.
1st half, yes, second half he was a lot better, at least he stuck with him instead of being caught wandering all the time. But Dave's right, be off with you, with your nasty waste cheese products breakfast.

Another random thought: what was the aggro after about, saw two lads getting slung in the back of a car by cops tucking riot shields in the boot
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:34:22 »

Thought herthab was a bit whistle happy too, making it up as he went along

(Has anyone else made this joke yet?)

Things get better but they never get good
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:37:03 »

Thought herthab was a bit whistle happy too, making it up as he went along

(Has anyone else made this joke yet?)

within the first minute
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:40:40 »

1st half, yes, second half he was a lot better, at least he stuck with him instead of being caught wandering all the time. But Dave's right, be off with you, with your nasty waste cheese products breakfast.

Another random thought: what was the aggro after about, saw two lads getting slung in the back of a car by cops tucking riot shields in the boot

Very true, still think he's a lot better going forward than he is defensively.

Those two lads were probably arguing about whether brunost is best with or without raspberry jam
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:45:08 »

would have left dossevi on personally and the subs were made at a time we were in the ascendency (sp) which I found a bit baffling. If he wanted to put ball on, would have taken AOB off tbh as he covered a lot of ground first half but for me he was blowing a bit in the 2nd.

Think Prutton would have made way at half time had it not been for his goal as he gave us nothing-for me he's not better than Ferry(despite his goal!)

Biggest noticeable difference to last season (other than GG&BP)....the tempo we're playing at and hunting in packs- for me ferry and douglas were so good at this last year it gave us licence to play a bit.

Morrison was solid and they played into his hands as I reckon he won 25+ headers today-we still lacking a leader though in all honesty.

It is early days and the expectation of last season is weighing heavily on some(including me) - I really don't want an 'after the Lord Mayors show' season.

With an experienced/leader centre half on board and a Danny Ward equivalent, I'd be confident of us making the play offs, without them......we're doomed I tell thee ;-)

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:55:18 »

Well chaps..aint read any of the thread but came in ,sat down with a glass of red and had a think about todays match.
Got to say i have always championed Morrison and for me today played really well...nineteen years old,was good at the back...and even looked lively in the opposition box.
I t was poor in my opinion...very poor.
When are we goin to look positive as the home team...we are always sitting and waiting to break.
There goal was down to individual error but to be fair they had chances anyway.
Why bring Dossevi off?.....thaught O,Brien ran his socks off but the final ball was poor.
And finally why bring a small striker on,Ball.....then hoof it for the remainder of the match.
Fair play to the Town fans...kept supporting in the main and 8000.plus wasnt bad at all.
1-1 was a good result after that performance.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:08:21 »

Well chaps..aint read any of the thread but came in ,sat down with a glass of red and had a think about todays match.
Got to say i have always championed Morrison and for me today played really well...nineteen years old,was good at the back...and even looked lively in the opposition box.
I t was poor in my opinion...very poor.
When are we goin to look positive as the home team...we are always sitting and waiting to break.
There goal was down to individual error but to be fair they had chances anyway.
Why bring Dossevi off?.....thaught O,Brien ran his socks off but the final ball was poor.
And finally why bring a small striker on,Ball.....then hoof it for the remainder of the match.
Fair play to the Town fans...kept supporting in the main and 8000.plus wasnt bad at all.
1-1 was a good result after that performance.

Dossevi went off because he was too small and we were lumping it up. Agree about Ball coming on. He should have subbed Dossevi for Pericard then bought Ball on in a drect swap for AOB.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:16:48 »

Didn't think we looked that poor or were particularly negative tbh.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is the lack of movement for throw-ins, how many times do we play statues with no fucker moving for the ball?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:18:22 »

Didn't think we looked that poor or were particularly negative tbh.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is the lack of movement for throw-ins, how many times do we play statues with no fucker moving for the ball?

Because we were negative...and poor?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:19:00 »

At throw-ins maybe

but thank you for that helpful explanation  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:20:54 »

This season wont be as good as the last.i thought that before a ball was kicked this year, and i am convinced of it even more so now.
not progression as far as i can see.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:24:41 »

Pericards time is apon us. Time for a Vinny P REVOLUTION!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jb

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:26:08 »

Yet again a Rose mistake leads to a goal for the opposition. I do rate Rose's abillity highly- his confidence, composure and technique are brilliant for this league and would be hard to find another left back of his abillity in this league. However he does make some costly mistakes. It does seem like 'bash a Swindon defender' month but it is the reallity...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: