Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30718 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:14:43 »

Poor again. Another stupid goal to concede, and once again a fucking awful, slow start...

I didn't go, but the commentary made it sound (and they're just saying now) that it was actually a good start, totally fucked up by conceding a ridiculous goal. Take a bow Michael Rose.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:16:55 »

Nice one. I didn't know you were an NFL fan.

Yep, been following the Cowboys since the game was first shown on C4.
Have been to Dallas twice and to all 3 Wembley games.

We had our holiday over here planned when the pre season fixtures came out, so we changed the route slightly to come down this far to catch the game. Smiley
glos_robin

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:21:12 »

Much the same as previously and starting to get annoying now. Rose is wank and a defensive liability. We lack leadership up front and just seem to be overplaying things. We badically need an experienced leader at the back, a decent left back, a left winger and probably another striker.

Wilsons subs were stupid today and largely killed us as it killed any momentum we did have. I may be the only one that thinks this but the line up that finished that game was fucking stupid and I didn't understand why we'd have such an inexperienced team finishing the game especially down the left where it was Kennedy and Rose.

We miss Amankwaah I think as him and McGovern linking up last season were one of our most effective weapons. Try caddis at left back and get manks back on the right.

Not panic stations but definitely worrying.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:30:34 »

I may be the only one that thinks this but the line up that finished that game was fucking stupid and I didn't understand why we'd have such an inexperienced team finishing the game especially down the left where it was Kennedy and Rose.
You probably are the only one that thinks that as Kennedy came on for Rose. We finished with Kennedy and Ball on the left

Dougie is starting to look like midfield's answer to Big Vince.

After a good start, we were lucky not to lose that, they missed at least two sitters
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:33:10 by pauld » Logged
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:32:54 »

We were lucky to draw with Brentford missing two sitters, then again we were unlucky not to win. Pericard really should of passed right at the end to Charlie who would of had a certain goal but he was never going to after being told to me more selfish earlier in the week, took a shot from a ridiculous distance as soon as he came on to.

Think Pericard should start next week though, could do with his presence to start off.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:35:52 by Morgan Freeman » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:33:21 »

calm down Bart.

Today was like those runs of 1-1s we went on last season.

Good start, all Swindon - seemed a matter of minutes before we scored then it would be how many? Michael Rose fucks up big style and Brentford score with their first chance, infact the first time they got within 20 yards of our goal.

All us again and again, looking semi dangerous. We score, all us half time.

Second half all us, all us, all us, all us - Brentford on the counter - all us, all us, all us, all us, all us, all us. Brentford time waste all us - draw.

Subs were odd. Rose going off was obvious. O'Brien I could understand sort of, not sure why he tooks Dossevi off.

Morrison was rock solid and should keep his place, Kennedy did alright when he came on, nice to see after such a long lay off. O'Brien was decent, scared the full back - crossing hit and miss, but very few at this level provided a decent cross every single time. Prutton was very poor first half and does everything at Nalis speed. He was a bit better after his goal but he wasnt good. Surprised he played the full 90.

Ball looked better when he came on, Pericard put in some effort, came to nothing.

We have enough of the ball and enough corners to have run out winners, easily. Brentford however did miss some really easy chances.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:38:06 »

Just got in. I thought we played OK today, better than brighton anywho. Morrison and Cuthbert worked well together today I would start with the same two next week. Caddis was decent again although I would like to see him keep the ball on the floor. Rose again IMO was the weak link at the back caught out of position time and time again and his header back to Lucas was truley woeful! When Kennedy came on I thought we looked better. He was more composed on the ball than rose and was comfortable travelling more than ten yard with the ball. Defensivly he was good and certainly looked more solid than rose.

Prutton was alright nothing special took his goal well. Douglas just did his thing but I felt we lacked a bit of spark in the middle. O'brien was dangerous on the break but seemed reluctant to put the ball in early. JPM would have been my MOM constantly wanted the ball and put his all into the game.

Dossevi played well made a few things happen I would have liked him too shoot when he picked up the ball on the edge of the box and passed instead. Austin was really quiet most of the game until mid-way through the second half when he seemd to come to life and had himself a few chances. Ball looked livley when he came as did Pericard.

Toward the end of the game Pericard went on a twenty yard run and spurned his shot when Prutton was well placed in the box to finish! But I suppose if we want pericard to score more then he needs to be selfish!

Overall and improved peformance to that of Brighton. If we can cut out the silly errors then we will do well and probably get a play-off finish this year. Wilson needs to act quickly in the transfer market and bring in an experienced stiker and a leader.

But for Fuck sake we need three Fucking points!!!!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:43:11 »

We were lucky not to lose that- with the sitters that Brentford missed- a side with better finishing would have been out of sight by half time.

We badly lack leadership and organisation , Douglas seems to struggle as captain so far and seems unable to perform both roles effectively.

We must add at least an experienced centre half, and sort out the stupid errors. With the current crop i think mid table is the best we can realistically hope for.

And why can we never come back from behind and win, so frustrating.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:43:22 »

I think Dossevi had a knock, if not then I really don't know why he came off.

Prutton was awful, reminded me of Nalis - the amount of passes he made backwards and sideways got increasingly annoying as the game went on. Him and Douglas can't play together on that showing - I'd bring Ferry in next week alongisde Douglas.

It's a good job Weston (no 11) has no skill because he was tearing Caddis apart with his pace, better wingers would have punished us. Would like Amankwaah back in there next week.

Morrison was good, hopefully he can build on that if given another chance next week.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:44:39 »

Weird game. we bossed it for the main but they had two absolute sitters which they missed.

Morrison was a rock. Caddis looked vulnerable to balls over the top, and they only really attacked the flanks. Attacked them well may I add.

Prutton statred awfully, but by the end was our best player. Hope he continues in that form.

O'Brien looked fast and semi decent. Some good balls into dossevi which he really should have done better with.

Was rose injured?

Things get better but they never get good
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:46:17 »

Don't think he was injured, Dave. Wilson said after the game that he thought he didn't really recover from the mistake and that was one of the reasons he took him off. Also said that his wife gave birth in last couple of days so that may have affected him...
stfcinbmth

« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:51:18 »

A draw better than a defeat. Still think it's going to take a while for the new players to gel
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:51:48 »

Rose ............. a bit rubbish really

Prutton, a very expensive Nalis.

Centr Mid sits to deep with Prutton and Dougie in there forcing the two wide men inside to support the top two.

Dougie does not look the same player since he has shared the berth with Prutton.

Wilson has a decision to make, either Dougie or Prutton, not both.

Ferry needs to start.

Morrison, very pleased for him - solid

Vinnie was.................... well Vinnie
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:51:51 »

We were lucky not to lose that- with the sitters that Brentford missed- a side with better finishing would have been out of sight by half time.

If we had better finishing we could have just as easily be out of sight ourselves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 16:56:44 »

One very real positive from today was for the first time ever, I actually won something on the half-time draw. Second rather than 1st but 42 quid is 42 quid. Or it would have been if the kids hadn't mugged me for a cut on the somewhat spurious grounds that they bought the ticket (as in actually handed over the pound I gave them)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: