Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marlon King  (Read 17725 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:13:15 »

Ah right he played midfield first game.
woolster

« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:13:34 »

did hughes knock down and kill someone Hmmm
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 21:14:26 »

Ah right he played midfield first game.
Started wide right then moved into the middle. I had the same thought as you when I read it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 00:12:44 »

did hughes knock down and kill someone Hmmm

No he crashed into another vehicle and killed someone. Then did a runner because he was probably over the limit. He turned himself in a day later.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 07:14:23 »

Some will Sippo.............many wont.
In fact every time i see Hughes doing that fukin inbred dance at Notts County when he scores i want to smash him.

Me too

I come from a land down-under
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 07:21:15 »

Some will Sippo.............many wont.
In fact every time i see Hughes doing that fukin inbred dance at Notts County when he scores i want to smash him.

But what if he is scoring goals and helping your team gain promotion? Would you want to smash him then?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 15:58:20 »

But what if he is scoring goals and helping your team gain promotion? Would you want to smash him then?

Hypothetical...........we got a board here now who wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.
Everyone deserves a second chance or in my case three or four....but some crimes in my view can't be forgiven so easily...i would find it hard to celebrate a goal he scored.but i understand your point and many would disagree with me.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 17:30:38 »

Everyone fucks up and deserves a second chance, provided they do their time and put their hand up for their crimes and preferably change their ways pretty fucking quickly. King has 14 criminal offences, 2 of which resulted in him being locked up. So he's more than blown his chances, has shown fuck all remorse for his crimes (and is still denying it was him) and is still as big a cunt as ever.

Where are you drawing your line though. Does one rape equal ten drug charges?

Football and morality probably shouldn't mix if they can help it. Leave it down to the law and everything else is equal.

umm, actually, in the real world, an ex convict would find it pretty difficult to get employment in such a high earning role.  Even shop work would be difficult given the pre checks done these days.

What is your point?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 18:41:37 »

My point is that footballers actually get a strangely easy time of it once they have paid their dues.  Most people with a conviction and some time inside behind them will find it takes years to build their careers back up, if they ever manage it at all.  I'm all for treating Marlon and Lee the same way as everyone else who makes such "mistakes" or gets caught - i.e make it tough for them or sort out every other company in the UK that chooses to make it difficult.

FWIW, I think Hughes is just as bad, and served way too little time.  I therefore find it even more repugnant that he can walk back in at the same sort of level as before the conviction (any level of league football is more than the majority would be able to manage in our own professions).
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 19:15:30 »

Hypothetical...........we got a board here now who wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.
Everyone deserves a second chance or in my case three or four....but some crimes in my view can't be forgiven so easily...i would find it hard to celebrate a goal he scored.but i understand your point and many would disagree with me.

All hypothetical, but if he scored the winning goal in getting the team promotion I'm sure you would celebrate.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
iffy

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 19:52:35 »

It's repugnant, but it's supply and demand. The temptation to get some damaged goods at a cut price is too much for lots of clubs. It's like the supermarket aisle full of nearly-off meat and dented tins. A rapist who can get 20 goals a season can still get 20 goals a season. Only the FA could do anything about it, but as anyone who has seen the "extra-curricular activities" on the CVs of most England players knows, they're not likely to do anything at all.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 20:42:17 »

All hypothetical, but if he scored the winning goal in getting the team promotion I'm sure you would celebrate.
Personally I would like us to get Notts County in the FA Cup (2nd round after knocking the scum out in the first) and then Coventry in the 3rd so I can use the medium of the football supporter to release my vitriol towards these two bastards and in turn enjoy the therapeutic results for myself ! That's fair isn't it ? They earn their money (- bonuses for getting beat by the Town) and I call them cunts for being..........cunts !
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:50:46 »

Footballers have a lot of media attention, you could have worked with someone who slapped someone around in the past and you wouldn't know any better.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 18:44:48 »

BUMP.

Or whatever it is you're supposed to do

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11963888

The caption for the picture amused me in its factual bluntness.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 19:00:36 »

The caption for the picture amused me in its factual bluntness.
Cheesy
Marlon King is a registered sex offender
They've got no hope of getting that to scan properly for a chant
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: