Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deal done ?  (Read 9679 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 14:26:34 »

I remember a match report from an opposition fan (cant remember which team).

The report went along the lines of "Their right back is one big mother fucking scary black muvva who scared the shit out of our full backs all day with his big muvva fucking black scary running"

I like Manks, and his big black muvva running.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 16:06:02 »

manky could play centre back he is a big muvva
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 16:18:16 »

Ummm, last time Manks ventured in the the middle, he ended up bulletting in a header! Full back only thanks.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 16:35:33 by suttonred » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 16:19:52 »

Ummm, last time Manks ventured in the the middle, he anded up bulletting in a header! Full back only thanks.
was a good finish mind, maybe we should consider him upfront  Cool
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 18:52:31 »

Two fantastic signings, Danny does know how to pull of a good transfer!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 19:00:24 »

Has it happened yet?Nothing on OS.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 20:13:31 »

Has it happened yet?Nothing on OS.

No not yet. Everyone seems to think it has though. Approach with caution until official confirmation.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 20:32:08 »

BBC Radio Swindon said they'll sign over the weekend so we won't see any scarfs above heads etc probably until Mon / Tue
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 20:38:29 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8849942.stm

Do we think this could have been the final nail in their coffin?

I hope not - they are becoming our precious feeder club
Bumblebee

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:19:13 »

Fantastic signings if the deal is really done.

Darby only came in because Amankwaah was injured and he did a decent job so kept his place and/or Liverpool 'expected' him to play a certain % of games.

Danny did recently say he was still trying to get Darby back in on loan again.

I get the impression Caddis is more full back than winger but then why would Danny still be after Darby if he has got Caddis? Unless he is just keeping his options open. With Caddis being able to play anywhere down the side, manks as an attacking fullback option, JPM as a wide man or central midfielder, and potentially darby as another more defensive right full back, I would be VERY happy with those 4 - a lot of strength in depth.

Im more worried about the left - Rose sounds good, Lecs seems to finally be confirmed as CB (thank goodness), Kennedy still has some work to do but I think is a good squad/back-up player.  Then further up the pitch we have sicknote...I mean O'Brien, and then possibly Ball if he doesn't play up top.  Other than that we are weak at left mid so I think we need to bring someone else in. Danny Ward would be perfect, but I really cant see it happening?

If we can get a CB and a left winger in then I think we'd have a serious title contending squad, the only concern being how long we give Pericard to prove he can score and not just create before we look to get a loan striker in (that is unless Bodin is up to the step up?)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:36:41 »

Fantastic signings if the deal is really done.

Danny did recently say he was still trying to get Darby back in on loan again.

I get the impression Caddis is more full back than winger but then why would Danny still be after Darby if he has got Caddis? Unless he is just keeping his options open. With Caddis being able to play anywhere down the side, manks as an attacking fullback option, JPM as a wide man or central midfielder, and potentially darby as another more defensive right full back, I would be VERY happy with those 4 - a lot of strength in depth.

Im more worried about the left - Rose sounds good, Lecs seems to finally be confirmed as CB (thank goodness), Kennedy still has some work to do but I think is a good squad/back-up player.  Then further up the pitch we have sicknote...I mean O'Brien, and then possibly Ball if he doesn't play up top.  Other than that we are weak at left mid so I think we need to bring someone else in. Danny Ward would be perfect, but I really cant see it happening?

If we can get a CB and a left winger in then I think we'd have a serious title contending squad, the only concern being how long we give Pericard to prove he can score and not just create before we look to get a loan striker in (that is unless Bodin is up to the step up?)
i dont think we will see another left winger because we have o'brien DW has said ball can play there and so can bodin and JPM so i cant see it happening
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:45:21 »

We are short upfront regardless of whether Ball plays upfront or on the wing...We could do with another striker..Didnt Wilson say he wanted an experienced striker a few weeks back?? We only have Austin, Pericard & Ball...You could say Bodin too but he might not be ready.

I think we really do need to get a striker in soon because if Ball ends up on the wing and Pericard does not perform then it wont be very good unless Wilson moves Ball upfront if Pericard doesn't get some form??

I want Pericard to come good this season but incase he doesnt we need other options.

Delighted with the signings of Ferry & Caddis though providing they go through.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:48:40 by STFC-4-LIFE » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:56:40 »

we only had 1 striker this time last year, i dont see what the panic is about we still have a month to bring someone in
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 22:55:01 »

I think we've signed Caddis as a winger.

We have Amankwaah, Thompson, Rose, Kennedy and LJF as full backs.

Caddis can play there but I think we will see him and JPM as the wingers.

I also have a feeling Ball will be too good to not play upfront. I do think it will be him and Austin.

Without wishing to flog a dead horse we still need a top quality experienced defensive leader to replace my avatar.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 30, 2010, 08:10:18 »

Without wishing to flog a dead horse

That's so unlike you as well...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: