Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gurney Unloved  (Read 1600 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 17:38:19 »

Wonder how much he's on, must be a fair amount as they are hardly short of a mint at the moment at the Vetch.

Probably go on a free by the looks of it, have to say mind I hope it's not back to us.  He was decent enough but it's one position that doesn't need filling in a team with more holes in it than Abbi Titmuss.

Little Interest In Transfer-Listed Duo

The future remains unclear for Gary Fisken and Andy Gurney, with little interest being shown for the transfer-listed pair. The duo were told that they could leave the club on free transfers three weeks ago, yet there remain no takers for either player so far.

Fisken became Kenny Jackett's first signing last summer for the Swans, yet spent the majority of the season in the reserves or on loan to non-league Cambridge City. No matter what happens this summer, it appears that the ex-Watford midfielder will not be wanted in South Wales, with Wycombe and Conference sides Aldershot and Woking both apparently showing interest.

Andy Gurney's situation however, appears a little more complicated. The ex-Swindon Town captain was a regular member of the first team throughout much of last season, although he soon became a scape-goat for the North Bank when his form dipped after March. Gurney is thought to be one of the highest earners at the club and with Jackett claiming he is actively looking to replace him with a new signing, it is thought that his wages proved a major factor in being transfer-listed.

DMR

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 17:39:47 »

I was glad when we finally washed our hands of the gobby shite and I feel the same way now.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 17:48:53 »

I think a gobby shite is exactly what we need at this moment in time, ideally a holding midfielder with plenty of experience and someone who isn't afraid to let the youngsters know when they're not performing to their full potential.
Gurney isn't this missing link obviously.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 17:53:07 »

We need someone who rallies their team.

Gurney just gobbed off to the referee.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 17:54:41 »

Wouldn't mind him back to be honest, although we dont really need him, prefer him to Jenkins just my personal opinion!

Come on YOU REDS!
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 18:20:59 »

Gurney, sometimes inspirational. Usually infuriating.
magnum150

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 16, 2005, 22:21:32 »

Wouldn't be suprised to see him back though.

Remember, king thinks he should have made it to the Prem.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 17, 2005, 16:49:26 »

Bring back (OOH!) Shaun Taylor!
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 23:24:24 »

He was an ok player but we dont need someone getting booked for gobbing off week in,week out.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 23:59:54 »

Lolz init Gurney you is fucked.

What silly sod, moved to Swansea for a couple of hundred extra a week, will now endup at the likesof Hednesford United.  I was quite a big fan of his but can't say we've missed him.
J.D

« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:08:46 »

hhmm i think we did miss him as a team. He was a gobby shite and not the best of players, but i think he was a leader and that is an attribute we lacked last year, a natural leader
I 8 Razor

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:46:18 »

stfc02 i cannot believe that you prefer gurney to jenks!!!

taylor is the sort of "leader" you need in a team, not gurney, he just gobs off and gets booked and always goes for the 50 yard killer pass which never works.
i think i would rather have ANYBODY else other than gurney.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: