Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: TEF Suicide Watch...  (Read 22976 times)

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 16:16:00 »

neither.
Barry Scott

« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 17:06:17 »

If we'd lost Cuthbert, unless he went for proper money and to a higher div, I'd have hit the fucking roof. If we'd lost cuthbert to any team in the same division I'd react with so much angry-drama, I'd imagine not going to watch us for quite a few games. Even thinking about it makes me angry.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 19:23:15 »

Greer reminded me a bit of a poor mans Culverhouse, gives you one or two seasons of being very elegant at the job, then begins a rapid end.  Cuthbert reminds me of Calderwood, totally.  I think he'll easily cut the mustard at the level above, not sure Greer had that left in him.

Would have preferred both to stay, much prefer to keep Cuthbert out of the two and £250k for Greer may turn out to be very good business - next season could be the real beginning of his decline and show the last few months of the season to be a truthfull reflection of his ability now.  On the other hand, he could be just as usefull for Brighton but even then we'd have £250k+ in the bank, possibly an adequate replacement and freed up some budget to get 3 or 4 players in to improve the overall squad.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 19:34:29 »

It's a good question but the point is that they both offered different things to the defence/team, thus making an effective partnership. You're not going to have both players with superb all-round games - not in the 3rd division.

The main thing we're going to lose with Greer is the calmness & experience that he brought with him, which was evident from his very first game with us - all of a sudden we had some assurance back there. This is my main worry. The full-backs are experienced, but I'd like us to sign an experienced c/b. Shirtliff obviously has tremendous experience in that position, but I think it's important to have someone on the pitch marshalling the defence. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: