Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Captain  (Read 5893 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:13:22 »

Many people have suggested Douglas or Lucas to be captain, whilst I think either of these would be good choices, I would like to think we should consider a few things.

Firstly the Town captaincy is not something to be given away cheaply.  The fact that Greer was the only reasonable choice, even as a loanee, says more about the fuck ups by Malpas than anything else.  I would like to see someone who has been through the good and the bad with the club, has experienced good and bad himself, but come through it.  So my slightly left field suggestion is Jon-Paul McGovern.

He has been through the shit times, took stick from the crowd, not been rated by the manager and been ready to be loaned out (just as soon as this silly league cup tie against the franchise is out of the way).  He has won over the fans, the management, and has played well over 100 times for the club when we've been both good and shit.

I may be the only one to think like this, but I would be delighted if JPM led the team out on the opening day.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:16:43 »

There was a thread about this recently (ironically enough) I think DRS started it and he said that basically there are 5 or 6 players who could be captain which I agreed with (that did include Greer though) One of those players was JPM and I would have no problem with that whatsoever.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:23:07 »

I honestly genuinly couldn't care, and shouldn't expect it to make any difference. If you need a band on your arm to start acting like a captain, you're not captain material

Things get better but they never get good
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:24:24 »

I honestly genuinly couldn't care, and shouldn't expect it to make any difference. If you need a band on your arm to start acting like a captain, you're not captain material

Which is why I would give it to JPM.  Lucas and Douglas will act like captains anyway.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:35:19 »

If it's not douglas I'll eat my own hand
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 15:42:00 »

Douglas always had it when Greer was out. So on the note I assume it will be Douglas.

Wouldn't mind JPM with it at all.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 16:35:57 »

although i like jpm,i wouldn't see him as skipper material.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 17:50:08 »

Douglas would get my vote.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 18:32:52 »

I think JPM would be a good choice but i also think that Cuthbert would be a top choice.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 18:38:00 »

i'm hoping we will sign a player in the ilk of greer who could possibly take on the skippers role.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 21:22:51 »

I think JPM would be a good choice but i also think that Cuthbert would be a top choice.
Cuthbert, although talented and captaincy material for the future is nowhere near enough accomplished and experienced enough to be leading the defensive line, let alone the whole team. Lucas gets my vote.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 21:26:39 »

Oh come on..name me one successful team who have ever had a keeper for captain Roll Eyes
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 21:27:39 »

Oh come on..name me one successful team who have ever had a keeper for captain Roll Eyes

Beautiful timing...well done sir.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 21:30:33 »

Too easy!
Anyway, I dont think the success of a team is determined by the position of their skipper.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
santasdead

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 22:12:42 »

Give it Austin. If we do shit next year then we can flog him and his price would be higher 'cause he's our captain. Sorted.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: