Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BEER DEALS THREAD  (Read 5574 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 18:18:48 »

Joey Beauchamp

Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 20:49:34 »

My opinion means fuck all the same with anyone who works in a pub, only way to get punters back is make booze cheaper than the supermarkets (meaning about £1.20 a pint). It won't happen so bye bye the British Pub, end of really. Most pubs sales have been shit even with the World Cup so pretty much face the reality that booze is cheaper elsewhere so why go to a pub when you can get pissed for about half the price at home?

The World cup is less than a week old. All games are being shown on terrestrial tv. There has been one England game, on a Saturday - prime home party/barbeque time. A bit early to say it's been 'shit' I would say.

Dropping the price in pubs is not the only way to get punters back - they have to make it a more attractive proposition than staying at home somehow. Good pubs find a way to do this and will survive.

Lastly, do you see the paradox of moaning about the demise of the British pub (and therefore your job), whilst bragging about scrounging free booze from a supplier ?

I do accept that the current (and short term) economic situation makes it very difficult for pubs, but it's no different to the rest of industry - strong organisations will adapt and survive, others will go under.
At the end of the day though, that's just my opinion.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 21:07:11 »

The World cup is less than a week old. All games are being shown on terrestrial tv. There has been one England game, on a Saturday - prime home party/barbeque time. A bit early to say it's been 'shit' I would say.

Dropping the price in pubs is not the only way to get punters back - they have to make it a more attractive proposition than staying at home somehow. Good pubs find a way to do this and will survive.

Lastly, do you see the paradox of moaning about the demise of the British pub (and therefore your job), whilst bragging about scrounging free booze from a supplier ?

I do accept that the current (and short term) economic situation makes it very difficult for pubs, but it's no different to the rest of industry - strong organisations will adapt and survive, others will go under.
At the end of the day though, that's just my opinion.

Ah but reason about bragging and scrounging etc is more about they give the beers to me to see if I want to stock them in our pubs. Its not a case of asking because I never have, They always send beers etc. If you like them etc. and they build a trading relationship with you then it bodes well for the future. Also get shit like Baccardi and shots etc I give away to others.

In terms of making pubs more appealing, not sure really how to do that and thats maybe the problem, before it was aobut the social aspect. Even coming home at 2 in the morning smelling of fags in a pub, it was part of the night really. Way back when the pub was part of the local community etc. you would go down have a pint etc and chat about football where as now, internet etc replaces needing to go out with mates to talk about footie etc to an extent.

It's more evolution really, like everything all good things must come to an end really. Turning pubs and bringing back smoking would not see massive increase in pubs re-opening,. As said before something needs to draw punters in. Sky is trying with 3D FOOTBALL but next season that will be available at home anyway!

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 21:14:28 »

I work for a pub company and asked Molson Corrs for some, 24 cans of Molson Canadian, 24 bottles of Moosehead! Job done! Smiley

so full of shit Gazza
Mudfish

E-I-E-I-E-I-O

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 22:13:56 »

Ah but reason about bragging and scrounging etc is more about they give the beers to me to see if I want to stock them in our pubs. Its not a case of asking because I never have, They always send beers etc. If you like them etc. and they build a trading relationship with you then it bodes well for the future. Also get shit like Baccardi and shots etc I give away to others.

My beers are sorted, got some free Canadian beers as I work for a pub company and asked Molson Corrs for some, 24 cans of Molson Canadian, 24 bottles of Moosehead! Job done! Smiley

Had a few of them tonight have we, little contradiction, stand to be corrected though  Huh?

E-I-E-I-E-I-O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 23:42:22 »

I don't usually drink a lot of lager, however I got 2 boxes of Stella (18 x 284ml bottles in each) and a box of Magners (12 x 440ml bottles) for £20 from Tesco.
Plus a bottle of Grant's whisky (70cl) reduced from £15.49 to £10.

nochee

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 05:53:58 »

As stated by Arriba Coleview shop sells eight magners for a fiver. Sainsburys are selling 24 Carlsberg or Fosters for a ten sheet. Anyone else have any offers they know about that fit the 'bargain' bill?

A very much appreciated tip here, thank you thank you thank you

Im enjoying a can now Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 05:57:20 by nochee » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 07:22:11 »

Gazza you say most pubs are dead, well the Blunsdon Arms is rammed nearly every night. Not just with people eating but with drinkers aswell.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 08:47:05 »

Way back when the pub was part of the local community etc. you would go down have a pint etc and chat about football where as now, internet etc replaces needing to go out with mates to talk about footie etc to an extent.

I know you're talking about a general trend here, but what you're glossing over is that there are many pubs out there that are still the hub of the local community.

Anyway, instead of doing your level best to help kill off the pub trade by advertising cut price loss-leader deals at local off licences, why not big up Your Five Favourite Pubs instead and give them some free advertising?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 10:40:08 »

I know you're talking about a general trend here, but what you're glossing over is that there are many pubs out there that are still the hub of the local community.

Anyway, instead of doing your level best to help kill off the pub trade by advertising cut price loss-leader deals at local off licences, why not big up Your Five Favourite Pubs instead and give them some free advertising?

Didn't see that thread!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 10:41:41 »

Had a few of them tonight have we, little contradiction, stand to be corrected though  Huh?

Yes asked in so much do they do them and they sent them, didnt ask for them to be sent to me for free.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:38:16 »

Yes asked in so much do they do them and they sent them, didnt ask for them to be sent to me for free.

Fucking hell !

Molson Corrs had some Molson Canadian ?

Unbelievable !

No ............................... quite literally
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:39:10 »

Im having a sneaky BBQette on Sat - brought 10 Bottles of bud in Teskio and got a free ice bucket jobbie!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:39:57 »

When shall we all come over?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:41:59 »

OK but no drowning all my girlies in the hot tub?! Wink

Oh and Ill be dressed as a cow girl!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: