Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102259 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:20:35 »

I still can't believe that the fee is as low as 250k.

I'd say that 250K is way over the odds for a Div 3 centre half, coming up for 30, with a dodgy injury record....and the reason why we accepted it.

Also to be considered is the powers that be may be concerned that the economy is going to head back into recession.....money for Greer, when we have a young a hopefully able replacement in Morrison, is just good business.
Barry Scott

« Reply #661 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:21:48 »

My only concern is with the confirmed rumours of why this is happening, I'd rather not have him back and I'm even a little bit glad he's going. Obviously I wasn't prior to learning why and will still be annoyed at losing the skipper, but good riddance I say.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:24:16 »

My only concern is with the confirmed rumours of why this is happening, I'd rather not have him back and I'm even a little bit glad he's going. Obviously I wasn't prior to learning why and will still be annoyed at losing the skipper, but good riddance I say.

Think the rumours are a crock of shit Bazza.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:28:36 »

Fuck me this thread is awful.

I think i might pop over to Thisis for a bit of upbeat banter.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:31:29 »

Aren't we being a bit down on Morrison? Didn't he do really well at Southend last season and they wanted to sign him? Since that loan spell, he's only played about one game hasn't he? (can't be bothered to look it up) It could be that that spell of first team football did him the world of good but no one's had a chance to judge yet.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:37:12 »

Aren't we being a bit down on Morrison? Didn't he do really well at Southend last season and they wanted to sign him? Since that loan spell, he's only played about one game hasn't he? (can't be bothered to look it up) It could be that that spell of first team football did him the world of good but no one's had a chance to judge yet.

Not sure about that...the lad has the potential to be a good player, but does make the odd rick. very much like LJF...I think Cuthbert has shown enough to suggest he can be a leader back there.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #666 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:40:18 »

Think the rumours are a crock of shit Bazza.

They ring true to me Reg. Have you read them elsewhere in the forum?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:44:43 »

It's clear that Greer doesn't want to play here. Whether he had bust ups with Cuthbert/Wilson or not or whether he turned down a new contract or not we will probably never know. But either way something would have happened to prompt Fitton and Wilson to accept a fee for Greer less than what was originally mooted. Why not cash in now instead of waiting for another year to get nothing for him?

Whilst it's a bit of a blow to lose our captain and an experienced CB we must remember 1 thing. In Fitton and Wilson we trust. They have found replacements in the past and will continue to do so. They're not stupid. We will sign a new CB that actually wants to play for Swindon Town. Now let's go and use the money to seal deals for Caddis and Ferry first. I'm still positive about the coming season.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:48:25 »

Greer is easier to replace than say Prutton, Austin, or even Cuthbert.

Compared to recent captains we've had (Aljorfree, O'hanlon) he was immense, but he wasn't even the best central defender at the club!

Give the armband to Dougie.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #669 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:07:22 »

Yes Greer played well at times but he was a liability on a fair few occassions too.

He was club captain but wasnt a great leader on the pitch, as Hertha says Dougie would be as good a captain if not better.

I am certain that DW has a replacement lined up otherwise he would not have been willing to let Germaine go, £250k for a player of his age and injury record aint bad, he can be replaced with equally good for less or even on loan from Celtic, City or Liverpoo.

And then lets not forget that Shaun Morrisson did well at Sarfend and Lesc has done better at CB than he did at fullback.

Move on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:21:26 »

Super Sean Morrison  Cheesy

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Falmer For All

« Reply #671 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:43:32 »

Rumour has it were coming back for Austin 750k opening bid.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:45:28 »

Plenty of ambition, was always going to happen, some of you guys must just wander around with blinkers on.

And for 250k its an absolute steel.

We lost our captain, now have a new one it seems.

lolz, clueless.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:48:00 »

Careful with that Fishing Rod, you'll have someone's eye out.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 09:51:53 »

That is poor. Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself. It'll take at least 2.8million.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: