Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102116 times)
Falmer For All

« Reply #630 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:03:20 »

yeah alright.dont rub it in you cunt

Apologies
Spencer_White

« Reply #631 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:03:32 »

why weren't the stories of his dislike by the squad -fallouts etc told until today?

I think its friction rather than fall out. Weve followed a policy of hiring strong headed players leaders after the debacle under Malpas. Weve had a bit of a clash of the titans in terms of personalities. Big name players for League 1.

The crucial thing was he was going to walk away for free next summer, and here is a cash bid on the table.  
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:04:40 »

why weren't the stories of his dislike by the squad -fallouts etc told until today?

Reality is, that all players have a price...this move is a good deal for us as 250K is a fair wedge for an aging Div 3 centre half, with a dodgy injury record, and no doubt good for GG, increasing his wage and a 3 year contract to see out his time.

Brighton have previous in this dept, as they persuaded Ray McHale to sign for them by waving some $ in front of his face...he played 8 or 9 games for them.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:08:12 »

Time will tell on this one I suppose. He definately tailed off towards the end of the season. The own goal, the red card, and lots of rash challenges in dangerous positions. Would be far more worried if they had bought Cuthbert, saying that we'll miss his organisation and commitment.

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:10:03 »

I think its friction rather than fall out. Weve followed a policy of hiring strong headed players leaders after the debacle under Malpas. Weve had a bit of a clash of the titans in terms of personalities. Big name players for League 1.

The crucial thing was he was going to walk away for free next summer, and here is a cash bid on the table.  

i dont think there was-is any friction.i think it's purely down to money
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:10:39 »

missed him as a leader for sure at wembley, but replaceable and 250k for 29 year old is reasonable...as long as we get an equivalent in terms of leadership with more pace I'm not overly concerned

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:20:30 »

Having just read through the last 10 pages or so, sounds like a fairly measured response to the loss of a solid player from last season.  I'm genuinely sorry to see him go, and think he could do quite well for Brighton.  But I also think they've overpaid.  I'm very grateful to GG for his contribution last year, but I'm not cutting my wrists for several reasons.

• He's replaceable.  Danny's track record in the transfer market speaks for itself, so we're in a very different situation to the one we'd have been in were Malpas still manager.  Greer is not unique and I'm confident we'll be able to fill his boots.
  • It's July 10th, not August 10th.  Pre-season training has barely started, so plenty of time to reassess and get someone in if we think it necessary.
  • We're £250k better off than we were this time yesterday.  Money doesn't disappear in to the ether the way it used to when Diamandis was 'in charge'.
  • There's no denying that his form dipped at the end of last season.  He's good, but has his weaknesses.

We'll live.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:22:44 by Ardiles » Logged
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #637 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:26:59 »

Agree with the above wholeheartdly
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:36:44 »

One of the lads I go to matches with, Is actually over the moon he's going/gone, never has agood word to say about him. Can't say I agree but each to their own.
Barry Scott

« Reply #639 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:47:04 »

Doesn't jonny have a dislike of GG? I know someone on here was always quite vocal.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 21:54:59 »

The poster who said Amankwaah shouldn't be starting next seassn, why exactly?

I thought he was shite in 08/09 and wouldn't have cared if he left last summer but he was superb throughout last season, linked up very well with JP and it was harsh on him losing his place to Darby. Like most of the side, he was poor at Wembley, but he is easily good enough for a first team place next season. Much improved.

As for Greer, he had his flaws but he was a leader. £250k is a fair price, seeing as I highly doubt he would cope in the Championship - he would get ripped apart by the quicker strikers. It's just dissapointing he has joined fucking Brighton, a sideways step and a lack of ambition on his behalf. Reading some of their views on other forums, I can't stand some of the tossers, although I can understand why they are taking the piss. I think some of them who reckon they are nailed on for a top 6 finish after this signing may get a bit of a surprise if they don't add a few other players. Swindon fans know very well that Brezovan is not a goalkeeper who inspires confidence.

I hope we smash them on the opening day.

Barry Scott

« Reply #641 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:02:22 »

Swindon fans know very well that Brezovan is not a goalkeeper who inspires confidence.

Did Greer ever play in front of Brez? I wonder if he'd also be as good with an uncommunicative and hesitant keeper behind him?
oldboy

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:10:49 »

Brighton fan here. In all honesty I was gonna come on here and ask how you guys felt about losing your captain and whether we'd got a bargain or you had offloaded a has been...

...but just been reading all the ignorant homophobic comments here makes me wonder if I'd stumbled on a Millwall board by mistake. Jesus wept, this is the 21st century. You don't refer to Bradford as a town full of pakis so why all the bigotry to my town?

FWIW, if I were you I'd be fuming. It's obvious that Albion have been playing mind games to unsettle the bloke and put a bit of unrest between him and the board/management. Your chairman seems to have got wind of this game early on with some of his comments. As for the fee, well, that's a double whammy considering he's your captain. On the plus side though you beat us to Prutton and I just know that he will do well for you. It's obvious that Wilson was part of the attraction there - and who wouldn't want to play under DW? He's very well respected as an ex-player and as a manager down in these parts.

I'd rate your chances of promotion as around about the same as ours at the moment. We've got a lot of unknown quantities in our 2 Argentinians, Kishishev, a very raw striker in Barnes and the promise of a big name striker to come so there's loads of potential but whether that's realised or not remains to be seen. 

Good luck with next season and I hope you get to play at our new stadium which we're all very proud of down this way.

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:14:37 »

fuck off you bum raider,queer cunt,etc,etc.
how dare you say paki you racist bastard
oldboy

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:19:24 »

Oh my aching sides.

Any chance of a reasonable discussion on Greer anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: