Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102014 times)
nochee

« Reply #435 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 14:08:12 »

Jesus isn't our manager though

i thought he was our new midfielder
Barry Scott

« Reply #436 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 14:43:41 »

Just to drag it up again, they haven't half gotten out of control on their forum over this. Just had a quick peek and they're all talking of him being stripped of his captaincy and practically openly admitting he wants to go to Brighton... OK then...  Roll Eyes
Doore

« Reply #437 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 14:45:56 »

Yep, I'm glad we haven't gone overboard on this forum and created a 30 page thread on the subject.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 14:48:37 »

This is true.

But we havnt resorted to making things up to convince ourselves we're the manacherster United of the south coast eaither.
Barry Scott

« Reply #439 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 14:50:29 »

Yep, I'm glad we haven't gone overboard on this forum and created a 30 page thread on the subject.

Exactly. I feel mightily smug and rather pleased with our wonderfully restrained reaction to aggressive disk waving, childish posturing and speculation.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:02:50 »

Disk waving?

Anyway I dont see whats wrong with a petty arguement with fans of another club, especially when many of them seem to be deluded about their clubs standing in the grand scheme of things.

This type of thing should be actively encouraged.

More bickering
More pointless arguements
More fans on other clubs on here to wind us up / give a more reasoned point of view
Less threads about sandwiches and shorts
« Last Edit: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:06:54 by Colin Todd » Logged
Doore

« Reply #441 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:03:23 »

Disk waving?

"My floppy is bigger than yours!"
Barry Scott

« Reply #442 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:20:41 »

Disk waving... it's like being able to take your e-penis into the real world and waving it about a bit. I guess. Cheesy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #443 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:27:05 »

He's our player though. What is wrong with a thread about OUR captain?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:34:13 »

He's our player though. What is wrong with a thread about OUR captain?

Exactly, especially when the TEF sponsor him, and the fans, via donations to the Red Army Fund, bought him here in the first place.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Doore

« Reply #445 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:38:14 »

Nothing wrong with a thread about our player, but the number of regular posters getting involved in a "how many bids has your chairman counted" competition with a few 10 year old kids from Brighton in hysterics was, I thought, a bit over the top.
nochee

« Reply #446 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:48:24 »

Nothing wrong with a thread about our player, but the number of regular posters getting involved in a "how many bids has your chairman counted" competition with a few 10 year old kids from Brighton in hysterics was, I thought, a bit over the top.

No smoke without fire, thats what i say.

Anyway, he was a disaster last season. He gave away 14 penalties. Got sent off 3 times including that crucial 2nd leg play off which nearly cost us the match.

On top of that his recurring hamstring injury is something we could really do without, that really unsettled the team last year. As did his constant fights with Dougie and Lucas. BTW did he settle out of court in the end for knocking that disabled lad out? He wont be missed.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 15:49:11 »

I believe the current "bidwatch" situation is as follows

1.8648 bids (I count verbal offers as 0.4324 of a written bid)

FACT FACT FACT FACT
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 17:07:21 »

No smoke without fire, thats what i say.

Anyway, he was a disaster last season. He gave away 14 penalties. Got sent off 3 times including that crucial 2nd leg play off which nearly cost us the match.
I thought it was only 12? Or are you counting cup competitions?

On top of that his recurring hamstring injury is something we could really do without, that really unsettled the team last year. As did his constant fights with Dougie and Lucas.
Yes, we really struggled. It says a lot when your club captain is constantly either injured or suspended. I guess that's why we failed to push for automatic promotion. As for the unrest with other players, I think that spat he had with Danny Wilson in front of us all after Charlton away in the play offs showed how much of a controversial character he can be.

BTW did he settle out of court in the end for knocking that disabled lad out? He wont be missed.
I think the club sorted it out to keep it out of the press.
glos_robin

« Reply #449 on: Friday, July 9, 2010, 22:48:16 »

I'm guessing one of the mods got rid of the latest 'inside info' thread........good work!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: