Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102067 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:36:16 »

Confirmation of several bids have come direct from our Chairman and Manager, not just made up by the local rag.

Please copy on here any links confirming this, not seen it anywhere myself.

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:39:37 »

we all know they are after greer.we dont need evidence to back this up.
if he leaves, then it will be for money.for football reasons he has no need to go anywhere
Falmer For All

« Reply #377 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:42:50 »

we all know they are after greer.we dont need evidence to back this up.
if he leaves, then it will be for money.for football reasons he has no need to go anywhere

Agreed, if i could be bothered to trawl through old interviews with the chairman and manager and find quotes i could.

Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:44:02 »

This is all getting a bit silly. All that matters is who greer is contracted to - us. If this changes you will have crossed our palm with a large amount of coin for a 29 yr old league 1 defender with 1 year left on his contract. If and when this happens then there will be something to discuss.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 14:45:40 »

Agreed, if i could be bothered to trawl through old interviews with the chairman and manager and find quotes i could.

Well it seems you can be bothered to argue to the toss on here, so why not.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:00:18 »

Thats because they don't exist, all both clubs have admitted to is a firm interest from Brighton, one firm offer that was turned down and that we have no intention of selling him.  You started shouted the odds saying lots of bids, all I am asking is back that up with facts.
Falmer For All

« Reply #381 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:04:15 »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/8220549.Greer_deal_may_falter_on_money/

i foound this in 10 seconds searching...from a month ago where our chairman confirms 2 bids... we have been back since with a 3rd .....and may well come back again.

Im bored of this now.

seagull

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:05:09 »

He did a great job for you at the end of the season without a doubt, but they were games you had to win to stay up initially and once you had pulled yourselves away from the relegation threat you had lots of games against sides who couldn't go up or down. Form at the end of any season can be very misleading.

Take Tranmere for example they probably had the same end of season run as Brighton, whilst the likes of Colchester, Swindon would find themselves at the bottom end of the league over their last 10 games.

At the end of the season the table tells the truth, Brighton were a bottom half side, end of.

Tranmere were 12th, 8 points behind us. I think 23 games is a pretty large sample and we played some kids in the last few games as well, but I take your point. We finished 13th, only just bottom half Cheesy After Gus took charge we only lost 2 games to sides outside of the top 6. I think more importantly than any statistic though we were play some really excellent football which gives us confidence going into this season.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:11:42 »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/8220549.Greer_deal_may_falter_on_money/

i foound this in 10 seconds searching...from a month ago where our chairman confirms 2 bids... we have been back since with a 3rd .....and may well come back again.

Im bored of this now.

Only one written bid though, the initial one's were either verbal , or written on the bag of a fag packet. Fwiw I think Brighton will be top half, couple of signings top 7 or 8, 3 or 4 and they should make the PO's.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:14:03 »

Im bored of this now.

Me too but as you seem to want the last word.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/8220537.Town_and_Brighton_dispute_Greer_bids/
Falmer For All

« Reply #385 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:15:21 »

We will need a goal scorer, Greer and Lua Lua back on loan for the season if we are to make top 8

If not we will be mid table
Falmer For All

« Reply #386 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:18:06 »

So...as i said originally then, we say we have made several bids...we have
Your chairman says we havent, i didnt really think it was that bigger deal.
Brovado from both Chairman.

I dont expect we will know the real truth until/if a deal is done
Barry Scott

« Reply #387 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:24:29 »

Our Chairman later clarified and said it's only a bid if he receives it in writing. We've received one bid in writing that was turned down. What's that Lua Lua lad like by the way, where does he play?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:26:49 »

So...as i said originally then, we say we have made several bids...we have
Your chairman says we havent, i didnt really think it was that bigger deal.
Brovado from both Chairman.

I dont expect we will know the real truth until/if a deal is done

Well i choose to believe our chairman so na na na na na. We don't like conducting our business in public but you obviously do, just shows the differing personalities of our respective chairman i presume. Regardless i'm sure you're correct with your last comment.
Falmer For All

« Reply #389 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 15:30:09 »

Hes a wide player, I thought was excellent, tricky with great pace, lacking a little bit of end product but a real prospect in my opinion, about 19 i think and at Newcastle.

He is back training there in the hope he can force his way into the first team squad, but realistically he didnt make it when they were in the championship so forcing his way in now they are a prem side seems unlikely but hes giving it a go understandably.

He will be available for loan im sure, if a championship side dosent come in for him, he will be back with us i believe, he's pretty much stated he wouldnt go anywhere else in Lg1 but i can see a champ side making a move.
Would love to buy him but way too pricey.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: