Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102167 times)
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 23:05:06 »

He might be able to do a few games, but when was the last time he did a good season? A decade?

Our success last season was built on players like JP McGovern, Douglas, Greer, Lukas, playing 50 games +. Solid motivated professionals. Charlie Austin played just about every single game from November onwards.

Lee Hendrie is a complete football washout! With the Premier League as it is now you get more and more of these jokers hanging around. Ruddock nearly finnished us off. Eddie Newton nearly finnished off the scum.

I read hes holding out for money, and Im sure some set of mugs will pay it. HOPEFULLY YOU!!!

For what its worth:

06/07 - 29
07/08 - 21
08/09 - 12
09/10 - 17

We've got a decent midfield as it is, Matt Sparrow, Alan Navarro and Gary Dicker. Hendrie would add a touch of class to that but it doesn't seem like its going to happen at the moment.

I think the Virgo comment is fair enough, considering we've shown our intent by attempting to prize Greer from you guys. There's a thread in one of your other sub forums on here (football talk or something) that shows points won in the last 23 games of last season. We were 6th. Poyet clearly got us playing a lot better.

Whether we can maintain that form and maintain a push at the top 6 remains to be seen. Smiley
dell boy

« Reply #346 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 06:34:09 »

For what its worth:

06/07 - 29
07/08 - 21
08/09 - 12
09/10 - 17

We've got a decent midfield as it is, Matt Sparrow, Alan Navarro and Gary Dicker. Hendrie would add a touch of class to that but it doesn't seem like its going to happen at the moment.

I think the Virgo comment is fair enough, considering we've shown our intent by attempting to prize Greer from you guys. There's a thread in one of your other sub forums on here (football talk or something) that shows points won in the last 23 games of last season. We were 6th. Poyet clearly got us playing a lot better.

Whether we can maintain that form and maintain a push at the top 6 remains to be seen. Smiley

He did a great job for you at the end of the season without a doubt, but they were games you had to win to stay up initially and once you had pulled yourselves away from the relegation threat you had lots of games against sides who couldn't go up or down. Form at the end of any season can be very misleading.

Take Tranmere for example they probably had the same end of season run as Brighton, whilst the likes of Colchester, Swindon would find themselves at the bottom end of the league over their last 10 games.

At the end of the season the table tells the truth, Brighton were a bottom half side, end of.
dell boy

« Reply #347 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 06:39:09 »

Dear Mr Seagull:
I was told off the other day when I was down on coast for calling a 'gull' a 'seagull' this chap was adamant there is no such bird as a 'Seagull' it is a 'Gull' never knew that before, please confirm if this is correct?
Barry Scott

« Reply #348 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 07:21:19 »

That it correct. Although I didn't know, I just checked myself because I was curious. Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gull
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 09:53:53 »

He did a great job for you at the end of the season without a doubt, but they were games you had to win to stay up initially and once you had pulled yourselves away from the relegation threat you had lots of games against sides who couldn't go up or down. Form at the end of any season can be very misleading.

Take Tranmere for example they probably had the same end of season run as Brighton, whilst the likes of Colchester, Swindon would find themselves at the bottom end of the league over their last 10 games.

At the end of the season the table tells the truth, Brighton were a bottom half side, end of.

Very true. Interestingly if you look at our stats we actually got the same about of points in the first 23 games as we did in the last 23. Talk about being consistant.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:07:06 »

Very true. Interestingly if you look at our stats we actually got the same about of points in the first 23 games as we did in the last 23. Talk about being consistant.
We weren;t consistent, it's just that our inability to win games at the start of the season was matched by a poor run in. I'm sure we were much better from November to March!
Barry Scott

« Reply #351 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:14:25 »

Well as a pundit said (Claridge maybe?), we were unplayable during that period. And we were, no one could touch us. Cool
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:17:41 »

Greer is still here?

Interesting.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:24:44 »

Well as a pundit said (Claridge maybe?), we were unplayable during that period. And we were, no one could touch us. Cool
...except Rovers!
Barry Scott

« Reply #354 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:52:41 »

I don't recall us playing wovers at all last season?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:54:16 »

Greer is still here?

Greer today, gone tomorrow?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:56:20 »

We beat Tranmere Rovers, twice!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:59:53 »

Greer today, gone tomorrow?

they're getting worse

Falmer For All

« Reply #358 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:21:27 »

Another BHA fan yes... but its very interesting reading other Forums just to see how differently people view things.

Reading this thread much like many on our own forum, you have to trawl through all the rubbish of "fuck of you faggots" and "broke back mountain"...blah blah blah... and in there you will find the odd genuine decent post worthy of comment.

Yes we have a fair amount of posters who seem to think that now the new ground is on the way that promotion is inevitable and the premiership beckons in 5 years.... however anyone with half a brain knows that this is not the case.

But i can't have a pop at them for dreaming. We have been without a ground of our own for 13 years and counting !....just think about that..... we played home games at Gillingham for a period of that time !....

How many Swindon fans would turn up every week at Withdean season after season... and sit with no cover at that Shithole for £24 a game !... let me tell you it tests even the most loyal fan.

Its only natural that some are going to get very carried away. Moving from an athletics track to a 22,500 all seater top of the range stadium is going to get the most frigid of pussy slightly damp i would think.

The chairman has paid the £80 million out of his own pocket to build it and the loan is interest free and to be basically paid back as and when. We would not have got funding from a bank to build it in the current climate. So the chairman obviously has money as do your backers.

With regard to Greer, i would say the deal will happen, i honestly dont believe we would keep coming back with increased bids if we hadnt been given encouragment from the player to do so.

We are not however paying silly money either on transfer fees or on wages...despite what people think. All of our signings upto now have been free transfers. We have also have lost our skipper Andrew Crofts to Norwich 200k ish ( understandable ) and got fees in for Dickinson to Barnsley 150k ish... we are only bidding what we have got in on transfers so far.

Hardly a club pissing money up the wall expecting players to cum in there pants at the thought of joining the mighty BHA.

I myself would be delighted if we can secure a top 10 finish this season, flirting with the play offs maybe if things go well, all dependant on the signing of a few more quality players, Greer being one, we need a leader in the centre of defence desperately. And continue to play the excellent football Poyet has started to implement.

I have no doubt Swindon will continue to be one of those top sides also, good luck this season...excpet when you play us.

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:27:14 by Falmer For All » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #359 on: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 12:27:11 »

Fuck off you gay twat.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: