Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102266 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:22:48 »

I never said I thought we'd get him. I'm just saying you seem to have the idea that because we play in a shit ground we've got tuppence to spend. There's a difference between a wage cap and having no money at all. Whilst Paynter would've been up there amongst the top 10 or so wages in the division, I suspect Greer will not be on the same packet. Do I think he'd come? Probably not, unless he'd fallen out with the management. We're similar size clubs with similar prospects so- why move? Could we afford him if he wanted to come? I would say yes, based on what we were reportedly paying some players last year. I'm guessing you think no?
I don't think you have no money,my response was to the other lad who said you can offer better wages.Poyet himself has said this is not true. As for Greer's wages i wouldn't be suprised if he was on more than Paynter to be honest.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:23:59 »

I think Greer was also impressed that the fans, under the Red Army Fund, paid for him to come here in the first place, but everyone has his price, but I don't think Greer would want to move.

To be fair to Brighton, KoT has said that he expects a significant increase in gates at Falmer, but whether they get 20k every home game is another story.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:24:49 »

First year or so maybe, If they dont do well that will drop.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:26:21 »

I have no doubt that Brighton will go in to better things.It's other clubs ignorance of how far we have come and how well we are actually doing that gets me.

Cash strapped etc is something that gets banded around still.
albion3

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:29:37 »

Agreed. Perhaps you could remind your friend 'SE1 Seagull' of this.
Would love to but as excited as I am by the new stadium (which does look mint by the way), its not gone to my head as much as some others who think its the key to Narnia. "Five years boys, Premiership!" No, I think not.

I don't think you have no money,my response was to the other lad who said you can offer better wages.Poyet himself has said this is not true. As for Greer's wages i wouldn't be suprised if he was on more than Paynter to be honest.
More than Paynter? Strikers always get a good deal because a good striker is the difference between an average team and a great one.  I'd be surprised, but then I know very little of your wage structure so that's only an outsider's opinion. And I agree completely about our wages- although it is a smokescreen to an extent, some silly reports came out saying we had £6-8m to spend and if that was true, players' agents would see £££ and they'd double/treble everything in a shot.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:32:49 »

Paynter signed for us when we were still very unstable so doubt he was on much.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:33:59 »

Would love to but as excited as I am by the new stadium (which does look mint by the way), its not gone to my head as much as some others who think its the key to Narnia. "Five years boys, Premiership!" No, I think not.
More than Paynter? Strikers always get a good deal because a good striker is the difference between an average team and a great one.  I'd be surprised, but then I know very little of your wage structure so that's only an outsider's opinion. And I agree completely about our wages- although it is a smokescreen to an extent, some silly reports came out saying we had £6-8m to spend and if that was true, players' agents would see £££ and they'd double/treble everything in a shot.
We signed Paynter when he was a reserve team player for Southend,usually i would agree but we made a big song and dance about signing Greer and making him our captain. I wouldn't be suprised if you made a bid for Greer tbh but would be suprised if he left not because we/you are the bigger club but i honestly think it would just be a sideways step.

If he does or he doesn't we will only know if he made the right decision next may.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:36:30 »

Ha ha that Brighton bellend has posted the same shit on the adver site. At least he's amongst equals on there.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:39:11 »

Crikey, some of our fans are embarrassing!

Tony Bloom is a lifelong fan of the club and he and has family have been on the board for generations. He has made his money through business and property.

He has put a substantial amount of his wealth into the new stadium to secure our future and he does not want that money back. We are very, very lucky to have a supporter with enough money behind him to do this.

Tony has said we would very much like to be in the Championship when our new stadium opens next summer and we are targeting the top 2 this coming season. He will not however spend stupid money, Southampton style, but our budget is competitive.

Last season we spent about 1m on players, unfortunately the majority of Russell Slade's signings we paid for didn't work out. The lads we got on the cheap had a much greater impact (Dicker, Crofts etc). So I think we're fully aware that money doesn't guarantee anything.

I think we will be there or thereabouts next season. Once Gus had come in and he'd brought in his own players we were much much improved. From the start of January to the end of the season we averaged 1.59pts a game. Over a season that’s 73 points. A point's total that would usually just miss out on the play-offs but a competitive total.

We've made a number of comments in the press about not having loads of money to spend. I suspect this is partly to stop other clubs asking for inflated prices and agents demanding higher wages.

I would take Poyet’s comment about Paynter with a pinch of salt. Liam Dickinson is on 5k a week and we’ve released higher earners like Kuipers, Virgo and Cox this summer whilst also increasing our playing budget by 10%.

A number of our fans have got a bit carried away; they’re excited, as we’ve been playing in a shit stadium with no playing budget for years now. Suddenly we get a bit of money and people think we can buy our way to the Premier League!

With regards to the crowd sizes at Falmer, it goes without saying that our attendances will increase as there’s that new stadium wow factor. Our attendances at Withdean are pretty poor but a huge number of people are suffering from Withdean fatigue. It’s quite depressing going to that stadium week in week out.

This whole comparing club sizes thing is a bit embarrassing really. We’re both League One clubs end of the day. I think we’ll be there or thereabouts next season. I think it would be a sideways move for Greer. I’d have thought it pretty unlikely that a) you’d accept a bid b) he’d want to move. However you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. What Wilson really thinks of him, if he thinks he could use the money to buy a better replacement, whether Greer fancies a move to Brighton and so on?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:44:37 »

hello shoreham moonraker here, every club has its deaconoids, I wouldnt worry to much.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 18:14:31 »

Yep, you volunteering to be ours?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 18:18:16 »

i thought i was automatic choice you cockernee muppet
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 18:20:11 »

Touche you wannabee bender.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 18:43:59 »

Wannabe?
daddylovestown

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 18:45:22 »

Ha ha that Brighton bellend has posted the same shit on the adver site. At least he's amongst equals on there.

Isn't that just a tad generalistic?  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: