Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 100800 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #750 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:42:58 »

First time ive seen this! Shows a lack of ambition imo, unless Greer was that desperate to leave?

I can only assume its money.

As long as we bring in another CB, 250K for a 29 year old defender, wont seem like bad business!

I dont think its lack of ambition at all... There could be several reasons why Greer has gone, we can only speculate. What if there was a falling out? The player asked to talk to Brighton to see what they say? Another player who plays same position is coming in? Lack of ambition would be selling Austin, not signing a player like Prutton and expecting Timlin etc to step up.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 13:59:39 »

Can anyone come up with an example of when 2 young centre halfs has worked in a succesful team? I have been trying to wrack my brains to remember one and I am struggling.  Think we need the experienced replacement if we are to push on next season.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #752 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:04:05 »

Then isn't it about time we bucked a trend?

That's the problem with English football, it's bogged down in traditions and stereotypes.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:09:28 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #753 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:05:18 »

What's Adi Viveash up to these days?
flammableBen

« Reply #754 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:07:08 »

He's about to sign for Brighton.
Doore

« Reply #755 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:07:55 »

He's about to sign for Brighton.

I think Dave just cut himself.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #756 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:08:24 »

Hang about, what about Adam Virgo?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #757 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 14:09:52 »

Matt Heywood's available Smiley
pauloantony

« Reply #758 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 15:12:46 »

as i said before.......

Greer (up north) was a fuckin horrific defender for killie,get Milan Misun in beside cuthbert! honestly!....the lad is fantastic
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 15:42:44 »

Then isn't it about time we bucked a trend?

That's the problem with English football, it's bogged down in traditions and stereotypes.

Not really just look at the examples of when our current centre halfs played together Cuthbert & Morrison at MK were terrible together, Lescinel and Cuthbert at Wembley were poor at times.  We are kidding ourselves if we think we can challenge for promotion without an organiser and experienced head back there.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 15:53:01 »

Hi Greer went because of the friction with other team mates, not money.

Agree we need an experienced replacment/head in there- do not see Cutherbert and Morrison/Lecs working 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 15:56:16 »

Not really just look at the examples of when our current centre halfs played together Cuthbert & Morrison at MK were terrible together, Lescinel and Cuthbert at Wembley were poor at times.  We are kidding ourselves if we think we can challenge for promotion without an organiser and experienced head back there.

Greer played at the New Den did he not? and I seem to recall us looking much worse that day.  Sometimes we have to face facts that a certain style and team, with good players found us out.  We struggled against them in all three games to a certain extent.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 16:08:36 »

anyone would have thought the season was halfway through and we were mid-table the way you lot are carrying on. Why don't you wait to see who we replace him with first before you go off on one?!

Asking Morrison to step up doesn't mean he's the no.1 choice, he's literally asking him to put himself in the mix.

Jeez.

There's clearly more to the Greer move than meets the eye, no doubt danny is working on replacing him. He's not a fucking idiot.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 16:11:58 »

Greer played at the New Den did he not? and I seem to recall us looking much worse that day.  Sometimes we have to face facts that a certain style and team, with good players found us out.  We struggled against them in all three games to a certain extent.

Yes but that day it was more to do with Millwalls Morrison tearing Lescinel and to an extent Sheehan apart, Greer was still probably our best player that day (the own goals aside).
Doore

« Reply #764 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 16:17:58 »

anyone would have thought the season was halfway through and we were mid-table the way you lot are carrying on. Why don't you wait to see who we replace him with first before you go off on one?!

Asking Morrison to step up doesn't mean he's the no.1 choice, he's literally asking him to put himself in the mix.

Jeez.

There's clearly more to the Greer move than meets the eye, no doubt danny is working on replacing him. He's not a fucking idiot.

Nail, on the fucking head.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: