Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 102110 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #735 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 19:31:08 »

Too many assumptions there Glos.  The biggest is whether we are definitely getting a replacement. Given the Morrison "gee up" in the Adver I assume we wont be, unless he doesn't perform early season then we may get a loan in.
Maybe but the crux of my arguement is that even with him in it our defence was far from the best in this league so the loss of Greer is far from the end of the world. The Paynter goals is the major issue that needs to be addressed at present
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 19:35:13 »

Agreed about needing goal scorers. But since we don't have anyone better than Greer signed up I disagree about the significance of his loss.

However as we saw last season the team is not yet complete and will evolve along the way.
Panda Paws

« Reply #737 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 19:50:39 »

No team can succeed with only 3 CBs. Whether we search for a direct replacement or not, we need another CB now
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 22:31:04 »

Bye Gordy. I'm not too bothered to be honest, I don't think he was a patch on himself the last 2 or 3 months. Some BHA fans seem very confident  Hmmm roll on August 7th  Eat
santasdead

« Reply #739 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 22:32:21 »

Bit of a bummer really. I don't understand how he can act so passionaltely after every win/equalising against Norwich to just faffing us off for some wannabe-in-the-top-six team whose manager will be off at the first opportunity.

Although he was a pretty crap centre half, in guessing he cost us at least 15 goals this season for giving away silly free kicks. In my mind he lost us that game in may, the big one - so i couldn't care less if he wants to ruin himself.

Cunt.
mikeyswindon

« Reply #740 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 23:32:45 »

some off these comments about greer have been shocking, im gutted to see him leave as he has been awesome for us the last season and a bit and made a massive deference to a defence that has been woeful for years! as much as i love the hole current set upto pieces, (unless we have a tip top replacement in line) players like this should not be allowed to leave the club. morrison and lescinel are not upto replacing him, in my eyes we should of been signing an extra centre half for competition and sending morrison out for the season on loan!
deltaincline

« Reply #741 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 23:36:08 »

On balance, Greer is pushing 30 and the lure of a three year contract was obviously going to be attractive to him and his family. As a professional, he wont give a flying fuck who he plays for. I don't blame him for taking the money to be honest.

Despite the high volume of bumming activity in and around the Brighton area, that part of the world is actually a very nice place to live in for normal people as well, so no problem there either.

The problem Wilson now has is finding us an experienced CB who can actually play football. By that, I mean someone who provides a confident, regular passing link in and out of our midfield - something Lecsy and Morrison dont comfortably do, but both Cuthbert and Greer usually excelled at last season.

Not sure as to the actual reasons why Wilson let him go, but Arsene Wenger raised a few eyebrows when Tierry Henry and Patrick Viera were allowed to slip away from Arsenal when seemingly in their prime. Hindsight shows that decisions like that are rarely proved wrong when made by shrewd, experienced managers making decisions for the right reasons.

Without knowing all the facts or who Wilson may or may not already have lined up as a replacement, I'm happy to trust him as his track record with us so far has been very good.

As someone pointed out earlier, if we'd got into an Aljofree situation where GG was possibly injured and was costing us big money on a long term contract, we'd all be calling Wilson a cunt. If we'd left him to run down his contract and he'd fucked off at the end of next season, possibly captaining us to promotion, we'd be moaning about not signing him up on a long term deal. Fact is, the guy has been good for us, but is pushing 30 and has done a deal that suits him and his family.

Greer had his shortcommings, but was a great captain and was instrumental in pushing us almost to the wire last season. He's not irreplacable though and I'm sure the cash will come in very handy for us Yes

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 03:27:54 »

This completely passed me by Shocked

Ah well,im sure all will be fine.

/
W56196272
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 05:29:17 »

Amen to that, delta.
HexEnduction

« Reply #744 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 06:18:28 »

Gordon Greer is a silly old queer
He nonced off down to Brighton
He takes it up the rear, does Gordon Greer
He likes it with some shite on

newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 06:48:57 »

No team can succeed with only 3 CBs. Whether we search for a direct replacement or not, we need another CB now
we need more players aswell now.
Highland Robin

« Reply #746 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 07:52:52 »

Comment on 'This is....' from an "insider" is that Greer had fallen out with many of the players, and we could have lost Cuthbert, Lucas and Douglas had he stayed.  IF that is true, then this outcome is certainly better for the club.  Doesn't take much away from what he brought though.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #747 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 07:58:07 »

Greer was great last season but let's be honest. We thought it was all doom and gloom when Coxy left and he was replaced by Austin (Eventually) and Paynter excelled. Morrison could step up this season. By most accounts Morrison was great at Southend last season whilst on loan and Lescinel did well when at CB. i can only assume we have a deal with say Man City for a decent centre back or we are signing Caddis or needed extra money to secure Caddis from Celtic? Right now we are weaker at the back but only marginally. Greer can be replaced. I wont call him a cunt or anything, he was instrumental for keeping us up and was great last season but you move on. He can and Will be replaced. I have faith in Wilson and if we look poor at the back I am sure DW will address this ASAP. One step back to take 2 forward IMO. DW wouldnt let our captain and the heart of our defence go without something else sorted out I wouldnt think. I am sure Douglas will make a great captain.
Highland Robin

« Reply #748 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 08:03:39 »

Hear Hear!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Monday, July 12, 2010, 09:39:22 »

First time ive seen this! Shows a lack of ambition imo, unless Greer was that desperate to leave?

I can only assume its money.

As long as we bring in another CB, 250K for a 29 year old defender, wont seem like bad business!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: