Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boo Duke!!  (Read 3267 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 16:52:11 »

Anyway, we havent heard a single thing on David Dukes contract

Do you lot think that the 'booing' he recieved earlier on in the season is playing over in his mind while he is deciding if he is going to stay here?

It would be stupid if he didnt sign for that reason, he was very good last season after a dodgy start and we'd miss him esp the fact he can play a few positions in the team and at the moment our sqaud is looking very thin, even thinner without our right/left/back/winger/central midfielder
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 16:55:39 »

He's just waiting to see what else is on offer....the Darlo rumour would certainly interest him as he comes from Durham....if nothing better is definite then he'll most likely sign.

We might evn love him for being 'loyal'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 17:29:15 »

I love him already Reg-he's got more bollocks than Howard and Igoe put together.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 18:50:21 »

I would be happy to see him sign.
magnum150

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 19:51:53 »

Me too, I've always thought he has been a useful player. Nothing special mind.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 21:00:31 »

to be fair he doesn't complain when he gets played out of position, always good to have a utility player

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 23:04:35 »

Quote from: "Whits"
to be fair he doesn't complain when he gets played out of position, always good to have a utility player

Neither has Igoe in fairness.

I wouldn't mind being played in bloody goal if I played for STFC.  Too much is said about loyalty/reliability etc.  If you're being paid nigh on 1K a week you pay where you're bloody well told to and ****ing behave yourself while you're at it.  I'm sick of overpaid wankers complaining about how their swimming pool isn't big enough.   :x

Duke is an average cunt like most of the others, but has admittedly been quiet when talking about potential other moves.  Whether he's from oop nooorf or not, talking an offer such as LEAGUE TWO Darlington seriously is pathetic - an oversized stadium and poor future prospects would mean he's only interested because of finances, which for me is a poor reason (I don't care what you say about a footballer planning for their future, they're not unemployable at forty you know!).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 12:39:59 »

Perhaps Duke is looking over the Darlington contract because he doesnt want to play here anymore because he thinks the fans hate him because they booed him really badly at the start of the season...

I hope not, as here you can see most want him to stay. Me included. I just hope the booing isnt playing on his mind at all while deciding his future
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 12:45:29 »

The booing he receieved acted as a catalyst for probably his best form since he's been at the club, especially once he had Holmes in front of him meaning he wasn't totally exposed by a 'winger' drifting inside all the time.

I booed him against Torquay, I regretted it instantly and I still do. I would like to see him sign though.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 13:06:07 »

I don't think he is worthy of a new contract.  He has been too bad for too long, and i await the day i can turn up at the County G and not have to suffer his inept performances.  His only talent is to be the only person i know that can jockey the opposition winger for 80 yards down the pitch and let him get a cross in.

I would withdraw all 3 contract offers now, and force those players elsewhere, as they obviously aren't passionate about playing here.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 14:00:07 »

i dont really care if he re-signs or not TBH
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 15:24:43 »

He is crap when in defence, but he would be good as a back up midfielder.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 15:30:03 »

Average player.

Keeping him depends on whether we can attract better players (obviously). Under normal cicumstances I'd say get rid and replace, but I am not sure if we did that we'd definitely get an improved replacement.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 16:05:57 »

Yeah, dont offer Duke a new contract good one :roll:

He was one of our better players last season, and the season before come to think of it

Still lets get rid, we will have a much better starting 11 next season without him

GK:

RB: Jenkins
CB: O'Hanlon
CB: Ifil
LB: Nicholas

RW:
CM: Pook
CM: Miglioranzi
LW:

ST: Fallon
ST: Roberts

Subs
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

Champions!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 16:56:14 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Yeah, dont offer Duke a new contract good one :roll:

He was one of our better players last season, and the season before come to think of it

Still lets get rid, we will have a much better starting 11 next season without him

GK:

RB: Jenkins
CB: O'Hanlon
CB: Ifil
LB: Nicholas

RW:
CM: Pook
CM: Miglioranzi
LW:

ST: Fallon
ST: Roberts

Subs
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

Champions!

Parkin is still here you know!  :twisted:

I'm determined to keep the bugger, without him we're in trouble.

Oh and you forgot Ashan Holgate.... D'oh.  :|
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: