Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why?  (Read 5628 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 21:20:45 »

Roque Junior has won the world cup though...

....and been torn apart by Sam Parkin
Cheesy
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 21:26:59 »

I think he's worth having there. It'll take the focus off the squad - Mourinho style. I'd imagine whoever gets the right midfield position will gladly listen to any advice he'd have too. Also with the whole Treisman shite, he'll reverse any ill feeling with a Hollywood grin.

Ah Becks *swoon*

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 21:32:42 »

maybe we should have geoff hurst out there?
to be honest i think the pandering to beckham is stupid.he did a pretty good job for england but that is history
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 21:36:40 »

maybe we should have geoff hurst out there?
to be honest i think the pandering to beckham is stupid.he did a pretty good job for england but that is history
It's his international reputation that's behind it though, not his standing in England or his success in the England shirt.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 23:14:58 »

Capello talked about this today - he's only there for the players to talk to for advice etc. It makes perfect sense to me, there's no-one around who's been through what he has for England in the modern era, so he will have all sorts of experiences to draw on which he can use to pass on advice to whoever wants it. It can only be a good thing.

Once he grew up & started doing a decent job for England I've always been in the middle with regards to Beckham. I've long felt that he's over-rated, but I don't jump all over him like a lot of jealous twats do, mainly because all the women would love to have a wriggle on him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 5, 2010, 18:36:31 »

I think it's great that Beckam's there. Forget about the hype, that bloke has been an absolutely fantastic servant for England. There have been times where he has carried the whole team on his shoulders. And above all, guess what? He CARES! I'm glad he's there. It sure as hell is not going to do any harm.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: