Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry NOT coming back  (Read 10463 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:58:36 »

Do people keep forgetting that we are more than likely to be getting 5 loan players in for next season again?  Man City, Liverpool and Celtic are all now signed up on the proviso of us getting loanees from them and we've made it quite public that we will use that as a method of getting a squad together each year.  Rather than have 22 full time, we have 17 of ours and 5 of theirs.  So, whatever our squad is right now, add 5 to it (like we have had for most of this season).  If you get 2 or 3 in the mould of Ward and Ferry, we should do quite well out of it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:09:32 »

The only risk with that is for every Ward and Ferry there is a Hutch and a Toppy!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:10:55 »

Risk or not, it's going to be the way we develop our squad for the next couple of years.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:11:06 »

The only risk with that is for every Ward and Ferry there is a Hutch and a Toppy!

very true

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:15:24 »

And also, you don't always get the level of stability that a team might need, particularly if players are only here for a month or two.
Fridge

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 12:40:51 »

i knew what you meant in your earlier posts about streching the budget a bit.in ferrys case i dont agree.personally, i wouldn't pay more than 100k for him.remember the amount of games where he was subbed,or was totally ineffective.there were plenty of them.
he had some fine games for us too and i do like him,and want him here.i just dont think he is key.400k on a player would be better spent elsewhere i think

Agree with this.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 15:42:48 »

Agree with this.

Did you used to play for the Chicago Bears?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Fridge

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 16:01:21 »

Did you used to play for the Chicago Bears?

Nah. The user name's a nod to Mr Calderwood rather than Mr Perry.

Although I am piling on the pounds like a defensive lineman this year.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:15:36 »

Anyone above us Ferry, anyone but Bristol City please!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:18:41 »

No! I hope this isn't true. Bristol fucking City? You're better than that Simon. Shocking. Our squad is going to fall apart isn't it?
Gorse Hill Red

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:31:53 »

Ferry has been saying for a while though he wants to stay with us no matter what league we are in.i don t think its true
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:34:48 »

No! I hope this isn't true. Bristol fucking City? You're better than that Simon. Shocking. Our squad is going to fall apart isn't it?
Loan players returning to their parent clubs and one player leaving for the league above does not constitute a squad falling apart.

As things stand, we have Lucas, Greer, Amankwaah, Cuthbert, Douglas, JPM and Austin still here next season. That's 7 important players staying. I'm fairly confident in saying we'll sign a striker and a left back in good time, leaving CM and LM open. Wilson might sign players in these positions, or use the loan market to fill the gaps. On top of that, Easton is far from terrible and I still think there's more to come from O'Brien.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:53:06 »

If it is true that he's played his last game, I would like us to try and get Nicky Bailey from Charlton. Great attacking midfielder who will get goals and a bit of attitide (of the positive kind) as well. They are in the shit financially and I am sure they would listen to offers. And it would be a fantastic statement of intent from our Board.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:55:01 »

... Yup, the Charlton captain who has supported Athletic since he was a kid would be a mental signing!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 17:55:57 »

Ferry did say if he was to leave Celtic the only team he would want to sign for is us, No matter what league we were in so i can't see that being true.

As for Bailey don't think he will come here, If we had gone up then yes i think some Championship teams will go in for him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: