Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets Look Forward  (Read 10878 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:53:59 »

Also reckon Le Fondre would be worth a punt. Think it is inevitable that Paynter will be off.

If Billy looks on here, he'll probably think we can't wait to get rid of him!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:56:16 »

On the flip side fans looking at him will think he can't fucking wait to leave.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:56:55 »

He did 'a Rooney' when he was subbed and got abit shirty.

Watched the game today. Wilson went to say 'well done' and pat him on the shoulder and he looked livid.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:57:30 »

i think he'll stay
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:06:10 »

I hope so arriba. Can't help but feel he's in a no win situation now - if he leaves he looks like he's a money grabbing cunt, if he stays he looks like a money grabbing cunt.

Not my opinion of course, but they're the sort of inevitable stupid comments which will get thrown about.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:15:32 »

i think paynter would be daft to leave.i'm sure he'll get a good contract here,and he didn't exactly pull up trees before he came to us.he did very well in his early days at port vale, but his career stagnated after that.
he's found his level with us and i dont see why he'd want to leave unkless he's deluded into thinking he's van basten or something.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:17:52 »

Well what if we were offering, say, £3k per week and Leeds were offering, say, £8k per week? Totally made up numbers but not necessarily that unrealistic I wouldn't have thought. It's pretty obvious what he would do.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:55:37 »

I want him to stay, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he wants to test himself at a higher level. It is his job, after all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:06:01 »

I want him to stay, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he wants to test himself at a higher level. It is his job, after all.

Exactly.
Talk Talk

« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:35:03 »

If Billy looks on here, he'll probably think we can't wait to get rid of him!

Quite.

The decision probably comes down to whether he thinks his agent is shrewd or a complete cunt.

Another three or four good years at Swindon (L1/CCC) or the occasional start in the Championship as a second string striker at Leeds or whatever. Regular first team football and loved by the fans who will sing his name 'walking in a Paynter Wonderland' or drifting away down the leagues and joining the Cock at Grimsby instead because he can't keep on full song by sitting on the bench.

What's it to be, Billy?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:37:09 »

looking forward to getting to a few more away games next year if money permits. unfortunately it won't be coventry Sad
Doore

« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:40:23 »

Money talks.  Billy will, rightly, go where he gets the best deal for him and his family.  Just like the rest of us do with our own jobs.

Personally, I hope he stays.  He's had too much stick for a player who got close to a 30 goal season, in my own humble opinion.  If he goes for a better deal - good luck to him.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:49:01 »

Leeds offer him a 3 year deal and double/treble his wages why wouldn't he accept??

He's out of contract and he's just had the best season of his career. No brainer whether we like it or not
Talk Talk

« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:59:50 »

Yerp, I know money talks.

Just deluding myself that there is more to that when it comes to being a professional footballer. You know, things like pride, loyalty, appreciation and so on.

I'll do my own smiley I think.  Suicide
Doore

« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 22:06:03 »

Yerp, I know money talks.

Just deluding myself that there is more to that when it comes to being a professional footballer. You know, things like pride, loyalty, appreciation and so on.

I'll do my own smiley I think.  Suicide

Its a nice thought, but unreasonable.  Football is no different from any other profession.  Would you stick in a job due to loyalty when a different employer offered you three times the salary for doing the same job?  No, and its unreasonable to ask the same of a footballer.

Pride?  You bet he has it - professional pride.  He scored a shedload of goals this year and can be rightly proud of that.  If that gets him a "promotion" in a move to a Championship club - he should be proud.

I just don't see how he would be doing a bad thing by moving on.  Footballers., especilally at our level, are people just like you and I, with families and futures to think of.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: