Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets Look Forward  (Read 10882 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:49:28 »

Condolences folks. Given my club just lost out on the title and automatic promotion on goal difference to our local rivals, then lost in the play-offs the following week
Oooh, fuck, "that's gotta hurt" (as the kids would say)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 03:55:33 »

if paynter does go then i dont think bringing in a striker to partner charlie would be a problem im sure there are a few strikers out there that are dieing to play with charlie and maybe improve there own game.

im looking forward to the summer transfer rumours that will appear of the next 10 weeks  Beers
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 07:59:49 »

Condolences folks. Given my club just lost out on the title and automatic promotion on goal difference to our local rivals, then lost in the play-offs the following week, I have an idea what it feels like and how annoying it is when people say "there's always next season" or it was "still a great effort" Suicide.

As a club though Swindon seem to be in a much healthier state on and off the park these days and hopefully everything is now in place for you to kick on next season. In the meantime may your national team be humped in South Africa Wink

Alloa Athletic..fair play Huh? I saw them a few years ago. They lost 4-3 away to Ayr and missed a penalty to draw 4-4..cracking game. Not actually been to Alloa but did have several pints of some guest ale in a pub in London which originated from Alloa..very nice too Harsh Funny..must get back up to Jockland again soon to see a few games Cool
Waspie

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 12:43:46 »

Alloa Athletic..fair play Huh? I saw them a few years ago. They lost 4-3 away to Ayr and missed a penalty to draw 4-4..cracking game. Not actually been to Alloa but did have several pints of some guest ale in a pub in London which originated from Alloa..very nice too Harsh Funny..must get back up to Jockland again soon to see a few games Cool

I remember that game at Ayr, were we not 3-1 up? I think Bolo was sent off for lamping an Ayr player and we went to bits. Give us a shout if you ever come up for a game. There is pretty much nothing left of the Alloa brewing industry but you can get a nice pint in what used to be the main brewery. Ive not been to Swindon since 1991 but one day...

It did hurt pauld, and even worse given we beat aforementioned local rivals 4 times out of 4 over the season and had a convincing lead at the top only to lose 3 of our final 4 games. We also started the season at 20/1 so blowing the title cost me a pile of money as well. Still, we're starting to get over it a bit now Crying.

Like Swindon though we now have good foundations in place on and off the pitch and the potential is there to kick on and do something next season. Its all about how to deal with the disappointment and use it to ensure you go the extra wee bit next season rather than suffer a hangover and end up going backwards.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 13:56:57 »

Paynter has looked uninterested in the play-offs at Charlton and yesterday

..and at Wycombe

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 13:58:24 »

In the meantime may your national team be humped in South Africa Wink

they will be

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 14:38:13 »

I honestly wouldn't care if Billy left. He seems to have lost the desire to wear the red shirt so he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 14:51:16 »

I honestly wouldn't care if Billy left. He seems to have lost the desire to wear the red shirt so he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

They all have to be fair
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 14:59:00 »

yeah top goal scorer, fuck off!

we dont need your 29 goals.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:05:17 »

yeah top goal scorer, fuck off!

we dont need your 29 goals.

He's replaceable.

Just like Simon Cox was.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:05:35 »

Sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind too much if Paynter left. Should be really gutted that we're losing our 29 goal top scorer like you say - but as fantastic a season as Billy has had this year, I don't think he's ever really done it before has he?

I'm not turning on him at all as I've sung his name as loudly as anyone this year (and since his home debut hattrick infact) but I don't think it is a massive loss. I know we have to replace that 29 goals from somewhere, but I honestly don't think Billy is guaranteed to get that many again next season.

Hope that doesn't sound like sour grapes, as I bear no hard feelings to Super Bill, but if its a choice between losing him or breaking the bank, I'd let him go without too much regret.
König

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:18:24 »

Sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind too much if Paynter left. Should be really gutted that we're losing our 29 goal top scorer like you say - but as fantastic a season as Billy has had this year, I don't think he's ever really done it before has he?

I'm not turning on him at all as I've sung his name as loudly as anyone this year (and since his home debut hattrick infact) but I don't think it is a massive loss. I know we have to replace that 29 goals from somewhere, but I honestly don't think Billy is guaranteed to get that many again next season.

Hope that doesn't sound like sour grapes, as I bear no hard feelings to Super Bill, but if its a choice between losing him or breaking the bank, I'd let him go without too much regret.

i feel the same, i wouldn't be devastated if he did leave but would obviously be pleased if he did choose to stay. I'm actually quite excited about who we would get in to replace him, Danny Wilson has shown he is good in the transfer market (hutchinson aside) and so i am confident we would get someone as good as, if not better, than Paynter.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:30:19 »

He's replaceable.

Just like Simon Cox was.

Paynter probably adds more to the team that Cox did.

He'll be harder to replace. We only replaced Cox with alot of luck, did anyone expect 20 goals from a brickie?

I think we'll have to spend money to replace Paynter.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:32:24 »

Le Fondre is yer man
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:35:19 »

Le Fondre is yer man

How much would he cost us though?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print