Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Igoe to Brentford??  (Read 1272 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 11:02:22 »

www.thisisstfc.co.uk

Can't see him fitting into Brentfords style of play. He has been poor this season but if the manager wants to keep him it will be dissapointing if we can't compete with Brentford for his signature.

BRENTFORD boss Martin Allen will move to add Sammy Igoe to his squad should the midfielder fail to agree a new deal at the County Ground.

A two-year contract is on the table should the player decide to renew acquaintances with the Bees’ manager.

Igoe, pictured, admits he has spoken to Allen’s assistant Adi Whitbread although an official offer has yet to be put to the 29-year-old.

The financial package from the Bees would be tempting although the midfielder has consistently stated through the close season that he wants to remain at the County Ground.

Negotiations to bring that about are ongoing with club officials locked in meetings yesterday to try and resolve the respective futures of both Igoe and goalkeeper Rhys Evans.

Should a deal for Igoe fail to materialise then the Bees could pounce.

Igoe said: “There has been some interest and Brentford have been in touch.

“I had a chat with Adi Whitbread and I know Martin Allen from my time at Reading of course.

“I think a two-year deal was being talked about.”

Brentford are not the only club interested in the ‘showman’ though.

Igoe has confirmed that Rotherham United boss Mick Harford would be happy to take him north.

He said: “I’ve spoken to Mick although he understood about the fact that it would be a big decision to uproot the family.

“He’s left it with me and it’s nice to have options in the game.”

Nothing is cut and dried though and both player and his current employer seem keen to strike a deal at the County Ground.

While Igoe’s agent has spoken to Andy King, Igoe himself has also had a chat with the manager.

He said: “I didn’t want to just leave everything with my agent. I felt it was important to speak to the gaffer. He wants me to stay.”

Director Sandy Gray said: “We are in negotiations with Sammy Igoe’s agent and I am hopeful we can agree something.”

Gray confirmed that a meeting to discuss players, both those already at the club and those on the manager’s wanted list, would be held with Andy King at the County Ground on Thursday.

magnum150

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 11:14:01 »

Not sure we would actually miss Igoe next year other than the fact we are really lacking in bodys to make up a team.
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 11:22:50 »

I think he's worth keeeping, hes got talent.

He cant be as Mediocre as he was last season, can he?
McLovin

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 11:26:36 »

I don't care if he goes.  Isn't Shakes a right winger anyway?
Melksham Red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 11:57:39 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I don't care if he goes.  Isn't Shakes a right winger anyway?

Yes he is but Igoe isn't. Sammy should be playing behind the front 2, not on the right. His best performances came in the middle in his first season. The reason he was shit last season was because he was playing out of position. When Roberts came back from injury and was shoved out right Igoe was moved back into the middle and his performances improved IMO.
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 12:27:06 »

Igoe is a spineless wimp.

That is all.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 12:42:16 »

I hope he fucks off to Brentford,i'll pay his bus fare.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 16:03:23 »

1. Igoe can go, not fussed at all

2. Can Brentford really afford better wages/longer contracts than us

We cant even compete with Brentford now, that is piss poor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print