Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Green Man ... a final thought?  (Read 5528 times)
Red Away Kit

« on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 06:31:11 »

Well, after all the 'cross' banter the authorities gave you the Green Man ... A bit of a blow for us Millwall fans as drinking in a huge beer garden, under the sun, would have been lovely. However, it's going to piss down ... and the Green Man has no marquee to keep your little toes dry.

So, as a polite gesture among football fans ... bring your well worn anoraks, you'll need them in the beer garden. Oh, the pub holds about 200 max inside, better get there early. See you at Baker St, Finchley Rd, Wembley Park, Kingsbury or even Preston Road ... and after the game, Trafalgar Sq, win or lose.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 06:37:41 »

Forget the lose................ware going to smash you prick.

Enjoy Dagenham next season,it will be you big Derby!
Melksham Red

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 06:41:41 »

We'll be pissing over you come 3 o'clock.

You're obviously still bitter about the Green Man, what a thick cunt.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 08:42:46 »

we're in the green man, see you there.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 09:31:47 »

my folks are in there said there is huge marque so your speaking bollox
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:03:19 »

So much for the mighty 'wall taking it over.  Tough Guy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:07:17 »

And good in there? We gave it a miss and went in Thirsty Eddies. Was quite good in there and a great atmosphere.

If anyone on here was the courteous bloke at the bar who bought the round for me - cheers Beers
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:22:49 »

Green Man was heaving and i gave up trying to get a pint but there was a lots of singing inside and out and tbh i was just pleased to see red and white in there and no sov wearing blue shirted chavs.  Smug Fuck Off

had to laugh when i saw a few young boys (8-10!) kick a fence down in the beer garden as it made a nice walkway to get past the crowd of lads trying to get outside!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 20:30:22 »

green man was the highlight of my day. must have neen 800-1000 fans having a sing song. Shame about the DJ. God awful.
Talk Talk

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:02:07 »

Wet.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:57:28 »

Dont know what all the fuss was about - no probs at all - probably best bit of the day  Beers
One F In Fitton

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:27:10 »

A Leeds-supporting mate of mine - who actually goes to many games and is also a top-class fella - was in there with some Swindon lads that he knows (all ska boys - maybe some on here?) and said it was ace. Loads in there, good atmosphere, getting served ok etc. Sounded fucking lively in the background when I spoke to him on the phone.

We just went straight into Club Wembley (rah rah rahhhh....hellooooooooo dear-boy etc etc) & drank & scoffed in there. Slightly more expensive but nothing that's gonna put me out on the street, and this was a one-off. Well impressed, got served straight away, £4 a pint = not much more than the pubs, £4 for a hot-dog/chicken-balti-pie, salads on sale for the virgins/vegetarians/poofs, quite a noisy crowd in there, had a pleasant chat with Ed Hadwin (what a decent bloke) - yeh that was perfect pre-match.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:22:42 »

were you wearing glasses OFIF?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:14:59 »

had a pleasant chat with Ed Hadwin (what a decent bloke) -

Is he coming back, or is he staying on BBC Brizzle?
TownLoyal

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:31:56 »

Got served in about 5 minutes of getting to the Green Man. Only had 2 in there then got to Wembley and served straight away in CW. Like Scott said, probably best bit of the day.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: