Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are we the underdogs?  (Read 5848 times)
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 23:33:16 »

:hmmm:All the so called experts all say millwall will be to strong for the Town at Wembley. I say bollix. Was chatting to this pissed up twat of a millwall fan tonight at Waterloo and he says we will smash u like we did 2 weeks ago. Then I said well u had a pen an own goal and a deflection u won't be that lucky again. Fuckin cockney spastic

One Davie Bamber.......................
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 23:38:00 »

And we were shit that day, very long-ball and struggled to get our passing game going. If we pass it like we can, and get the ball wide on Wembleys mahoosive pitch we've got every chance, so long as Cuthbert and Lecs keep Morison and Cunty McCunt Harris quiet
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 06:40:52 »

There's not much in it but yes I would say we are "underdogs".
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 07:51:08 »

If we were playing Real Madrid, we'd be underdogs.  We're playing Millwall...and if they want to see us that way, that's their look out.

The best way you could go about predicting Saturday's result would be to flip a coin.  The team that goes up will be the one who plays to its strengths and gets a rub of the green.  All we can do is focus on the first of those, and hope the second looks after itself.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 24, 2010, 07:53:43 by Ardiles » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 07:57:14 »

It is going to be a very close game between 2 pretty well matched sides, it could even come down to who makes the most defensive mistakes rather than individual pieces of skill.

I predict there will only be 1 goal in it, a 1-0 win or a 2-1 to either team, possibly with a Wembley sending off involved.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 08:14:53 »

I dreamt last night that it was a superb 0-0 and went to pens. Can't see this myself, but don't think my heart would take it.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 08:55:45 »

Dont go with this underdog crap. Away from the den Millwall's record aint fabulous.

Reckon it is more evenly matched that the pundits realise
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 09:08:07 »

I'd say we are underdogs due to the fact most people think Millwall will win, not because we are a worse team than them. If that makes sense...

That game 2 weeks ago means nothing, for starters our best defender (Cuthbert) didnt even play and Millwalls best player from that game (Greer) will be suspended.

Penalty and two own goals for fuck sake.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 09:08:28 »

I like this new, positive Bart!

Things get better but they never get good
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 09:10:06 »

Fuckin cockney spastic

Are you a matelot medwayred?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:17:19 »

Ohhhh noooooo

One Davie Bamber.......................
quigzy

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:25:53 »

and Millwalls best player from that game (Greer) will be suspended.

Errrr, who?

Anyway, It'll come down to the day, and who plays better (obviously) but Millwall are 6/5 and Swindon are 12/5 for a reason. We would have easily got automatic if we didn't have one of the worst injury streaks I have ever seen in the first 1/3rd of the season.

Millwall are the far better side, but playoffs are always a lottery. Anything can happen.
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:27:18 »

As Holloway said before the game on sat "Id like to meet the person who calls us underdogs" and I agree, look at all the Playoff finals in recent years and the so called "underdogs" have won more times than not. It all goes out the window at Wembley, I think its' about who deals with the conditions and big occasion best. There are so many factors to consider than just previous form/results against one another.

And on paper, we are as good as them.

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:31:42 »

Errrr, who?

Anyway, It'll come down to the day, and who plays better (obviously) but Millwall are 6/5 and Swindon are 12/5 for a reason. We would have easily got automatic if we didn't have one of the worst injury streaks I have ever seen in the first 1/3rd of the season.

Millwall are the far better side, but playoffs are always a lottery. Anything can happen.

No, you're not. The table never lies. There is nothing between the two sides and crying about injuries early doors is like us crying about only having one decent striker until October.

On the day, if we get the ball down and wide, we've got as good a chance as you.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:31:53 »

Hopefully Rob 'The Shep' Shepherd will be eating his twatty words in next weeks NOTW. Arse licking Millwall - "hopefully Millwall play Swindon off the park" nice and impartial...

As for that quizgy, Millwall fan.. Far better side?

Ah good. Another one.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: