Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Seasons Squad (2010/11)  (Read 48060 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:26:14 »

If Millwall don't want Trotter I'd take him off their hands - just the kind of player we need. I thuoght he was their MOM yesterday. I'd imagine he might be a wanted man thuogh.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:35:39 »

There were a number of games this season where Ferry went missing, the games that were more physical with the opposition trying to stop us playing our game. Maybe he'll get better next season, I think he will, but I still think having someone to come in for certain games and bang a few heads would be a good addition to the squad.

In all honesty we struggled in the games against the more physical sides who wouldn't allow us to play football and didn't seem to have a plan b for these occasions.  I don't think we learnt anything from the last game of the season at Millwall as to how to play against them, which was disappointing.  We definitely need a couple of stronger players who will help in these games, otherwise the same will happen next season.

Also, agree that we have been too reliant on the strikers for goals.  When they've had off days, we've struggled to pick up points.  If we think back to the 90's, we had regular goals being scored by the likes of Bodin, McLaughlin, Taylor to name a few.  We haven't had that this season, other than Ward, who isn't going to be here next season?

And don't even get me started on the points dropped from last minute equalisers - 10 in total.  That's what cost us promotion in my opinon.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:41:21 »

Listen guys we were only a few points off automatic promotion not alot needs dealing with.Not making excuses here the one thing i am concerned about is the end of season performances from a few players have recently agreed new contracts.

We got a real dilema next season with Jpm as he has been top notch until recently but his lack of pace really leaves us lacking on that side at times.

Him in the centre with Douglas and a pacey winger could be whats needed.
SarumRed

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:46:58 »

Seeing us muscled off the ball yesterday makes me hope Pericard is our man. It's just a hope.

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:47:59 »

i agree that there aint alot wrong with the team.still needs a bit of improvement as yesterday showed though.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:55:55 »

I don't think there's much wrong with the team, the fact we finished only 3 points off automatic promotion and made the play-off final is testament to that.

Where we fell down is that we lacked a bit of strength when coming up against the physical sides like Millwall.

We know we are going to have to replace a couple of players though, not too concerned about Paynter as hopefully a fully fit Pericard will do as good a job, as long as we keep Austin we will still have goals in the team.

Ward will be a big miss, I'm not convinced that O'Brien is the man to replace him, he may have pace to burn but that's about it from what i've seen. Like Pericard though he needs to get himself full fit and match sharp before making a final assessment.

Darby & Sheehan have done decent jobs at full back and I would be happy to see them both back, but equally wont lose any sleep if they dont.

Finally I think LJF should stay, he definitely has potential at centre back but we need a bit more cover there, he's played a few too many games this season, especially some of the bigger ones where he's been found out a bit, but I think there is a decent player there with the right development.

« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:57:37 by Bert1981 » Logged
SarumRed

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:59:41 »

Echo LJF. Good player, nice bloke.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:07:11 by SarumRed » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:48:58 »

I believe we should pull out all the stops to sign diagouraga off of Brentford. Good footballing player and built like a shit-house. Always been impressed with him.

Though I do believe it should be pointed out this squad doesn't need a massive reform in the style of play/players we have, and nor do I think Wilson will look to change it too drastically.

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 15:13:24 »

Paynter looked like a man who left 2 weeks ago.

Absolutely-and has done for the last 2 weeks!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 15:33:41 »

Ferry is a high quality box to box player for me - demonstrated recently with the crucial goal making run and lay off to Ward for the second in the home leg v Charlton.

Don't see it in his nature (or physique) to become any enforcer but I would like to see someone work with him on scoring goals as his runs have made chances for himself as well as others and he hasn't converted.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 17:56:15 »

i retract what i said about LJF last night.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 17:59:02 »

Ferry is quality we should sign him.
Sheehan can sign if the wages are right.
LJF is worth another season, as he should be cheap.
Ward would be immense, but we all know it ain't happening.

Other than that, I'll leave to Wilson and the board to bring in the players they think best...they've done pretty well so far.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:04:30 »

Pace is what we lack in this team.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #103 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:05:05 »

I agree that we lack pace. Thats why he have shocked teams a little bit when we have played o'brien on the left and ward up front. I like simon ferry and think that he should be signed at all costs but i also think we need a bigger a goal threat from midfield so im stuck in two minds a bit there. As for an enforcer we had one in kanyuka , but then he fucked of the like the cunt he is and made the worst mistake of his career.

diagouraga isnt a bad shout. He looked pretty handy against us earlier in the season. But i should imagine he will play a part at peterborough next year. Ideally this summer i would be looking to sign 2 fullbacks , 1 left midfeilder , 1 center midfeilder and another striker.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:08:58 »

Kanyuka was crap.

Would have barely got a game this season.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: