Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Seasons Squad (2010/11)  (Read 47817 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:36:13 »

JFL showed moments of brilliance but followed them up with many more moments of sheer uselessness. do we have room for a player that inconsistent? cuthbert and greer are a fair partnership and cuthbert can only improve with age. not sure that morrison will ever quite cut it, so i wouldn't be surprised to see a centre-back arrive in the summer.

amankwaah is a decent player but we all know his flaws. today was a woeful performance from him but i think everyone knew that if millwall got on his back, his confidence would vanish and that's precisely what happened.

i'm not too bothered about sheehan and wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't sign for us.

ferry will grow as a player and i hope we sign him on a permanent deal and focuses on going forward more; he seems quite comfortable on the ball and can strike a shot well but seems reluctant to do so. alongside douglas he's been key for us this season but didn't perform today - pressure got to him perhaps?

we need someone who is a left winger. o'brien offers nothing but pace. i don't see ward coming back to a league one side next season.

austin won't be going anywhere and he'll be even better next year after a professional pre-season. whilst logic suggests losing your top scorer would be disappointing, i wouldn't be that concerned at losing paynter. at least not the same concern i felt when parkin, fallon, cox et al left. there are goals elsewhere in our team for once. someone with pace up front would fit the bill.

i'm waffling, sorry.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:41:03 »

JFL showed moments of brilliance but followed them up with many more moments of sheer uselessness. do we have room for a player that inconsistent?

You could say exactly the same about Greer, he's cost us a good few goals this season.

I didn't see LJF do anything that bad today, compared to Amankwaah who was completely useless in the 1st half and lost his man on the corner who scored the goal. He was better in the 2nd half but didn't even get close to making up for his 1st half shambles.

LJF has only being playing at this level for a year and needs to be given some time to get some experience.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:43:23 »

JFL showed moments of brilliance but followed them up with many more moments of sheer uselessness. do we have room for a player that inconsistent? cuthbert and greer are a fair partnership and cuthbert can only improve with age. not sure that morrison will ever quite cut it, so i wouldn't be surprised to see a centre-back arrive in the summer.

amankwaah is a decent player but we all know his flaws. today was a woeful performance from him but i think everyone knew that if millwall got on his back, his confidence would vanish and that's precisely what happened.

i'm not too bothered about sheehan and wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't sign for us.

ferry will grow as a player and i hope we sign him on a permanent deal and focuses on going forward more; he seems quite comfortable on the ball and can strike a shot well but seems reluctant to do so. alongside douglas he's been key for us this season but didn't perform today - pressure got to him perhaps?

we need someone who is a left winger. o'brien offers nothing but pace. i don't see ward coming back to a league one side next season.

austin won't be going anywhere and he'll be even better next year after a professional pre-season. whilst logic suggests losing your top scorer would be disappointing, i wouldn't be that concerned at losing paynter. at least not the same concern i felt when parkin, fallon, cox et al left. there are goals elsewhere in our team for once. someone with pace up front would fit the bill.

i'm waffling, sorry.

Summed up perfectly, I don't think there's room here for Lescinel he is way too inconsistent.

I too am not bothered if we sign Sheehan or not as i think we could get someone just as good if not better.

Amankwaah has been good this season, He's a little suspect at defending but excellent going forward but he needs competition for that right back slot.

I was going to say something about O'Brien earlier, He's a sicknote that's Barry Corr Mk 2 who is nothing more than an athlete who can run and run but his passing and crossing is woeful and we definitely need a good left winger.

If Paynter doesn't want to be here fine, As long as we keep Austin that is the most important thing, I'm sure we could find a suitable replacement for Paynter.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:46:16 »

LFJ did do a lot wrong.  Sorry but if you've just watched the highlights you would have noticed he was severely out of position an awful lot of the game and also made some dreadful attempts at clearances.  Maybe my position in the gods gave me a good view of it, but when there was sloppy defending it was LFJ at the root of it.

I agree he needs to be given a chance, he has potential,  but he was poor today

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:49:37 »

let O'Brien get fit and play more than 5 games before you judge him ffs.

Its annoying to have a injury prone player on the wage budget granted, but to fully judge his future on the little we've seen so far is wrong.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 06:22:12 »

O'Brien was looking half decent in pre-season and again before he got injured the second time. I would love to keep Ward there but I just can't see it happening. We've been spoilt with Ward and I think he will go on to have a decent career in the premier league.

Lescinel is worth keeping as a squad player. He is still young and if the errors can be removed from his game he can play a part.

I couldn't care less if Sheehan stays or goes, don't think he's been that great since his injury and he obviously rates himself much higher than I rate him. Probably better LB's out there.

Pericard needs a pre-season and to start a few games. Surely he has to have more about him than we've seen so far? I'd also like to see us sign a striker with serious pace.

Really hope Ferry stays permanently. Please, please please.

FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:29:14 »

You could say exactly the same about Greer, he's cost us a good few goals this season.

I didn't see LJF do anything that bad today, compared to Amankwaah who was completely useless in the 1st half and lost his man on the corner who scored the goal. He was better in the 2nd half but didn't even get close to making up for his 1st half shambles.

LJF has only being playing at this level for a year and needs to be given some time to get some experience.

Was it not Paynter's man that prodded home?

Come on YOU REDS!
Panda Paws

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:31:39 »

He was awesome at centre back at Charlton.

There were much worse players than him today.

each to their own...but no there wasn't
Panda Paws

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:33:56 »

Was it not Paynter's man that prodded home?

No it was Amankwaah
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:54:21 »

LFJ did do a lot wrong.  Sorry but if you've just watched the highlights you would have noticed he was severely out of position an awful lot of the game and also made some dreadful attempts at clearances.  Maybe my position in the gods gave me a good view of it, but when there was sloppy defending it was LFJ at the root of it.

I agree he needs to be given a chance, he has potential,  but he was poor today

What highlights did you watch? I just watched them and didn't see LJF do much wrong, he put in a lot of important challenges and blocks and was seldom out of position - when he was it was to cover other players. Maybe you're just making the same mistake as the commentators and the Millwall fans and getting him confused with Amankwaah.

Whilst he is a few years older, this was LJF's first full season at this level so he should be cut the same slack as an 18 year old on his first pro contract would be. Plus I very much doubt many other players would have done so well given the same personal circumstances LJF has had this season.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:56:18 »

ljf was shit.not the only one mind.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:06:43 »

I think we will do better next year
Cuthbert and Douglas will stay, ferry said in Adver he'd sign permanently whether in League 1 or Champ
Id like to see us sign Dickson the LB from Brentford , now Man City is our parent club, i would like to and can see them loaning us Donal McDermott a LW who had a cracking season last year with Chesterfield and Scunthorpe
Paynter is possible to replace as if u take away all his penalties, he scored around 19 in the league, we can also use Charlie as our target man next year as he is fuly capable of winning in the air, just need someone with good dribbling and a good pass to get the ball to Charlie so he can poach it in
And finally... Sign Liam Trotter ! he gets promoted everywhere he goes in League One :p
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:20:34 by phelpsieboy » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:14:37 »

I think it would be unfair to pick out any player for playing badly yesterday. They were all pretty shit. But they've all been pretty damn good all season. Let's hope we can build on that for next season

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:21:36 »

we need to better the central midifield area.for me that is the only shortfall in our side.not quite good enough to get us promoted.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:23:00 »

we need to better the central midifield area.for me that is the only shortfall in our side.not quite good enough to get us promoted.

I think it is. Dougie has been immense this season. Class above this league really. If we can sign Ferry we'll have a very strong CM. Might be good to get a decent back up as well although Easton is a pretty decent back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: