Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We have sold...  (Read 65018 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 19:43:27 »

Umm, beer... That's normally the biggest expense with me anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 20:23:59 »

Ticket + train + tube + pub + food

Ticket £45-00
Train   £22-40
Tube   £ 5-60
Pub     £40-00  Hmmm
Food   £10-00
Prog    £ 8-00 estimate
Total  £131-00*

* I expect JFW spends more than that on a pair of shoes  Smiley
only joking jfw  
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 20:28:38 »

That,s not bad. My trip to norwich was £20 ticket, £30 train, and about £80 beer and £4 kebab. Wembley is going to be a bargain.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 20:34:09 »

Ticket £45-00
Train   £22-40
Tube   £ 5-60
Pub     £40-00  Hmmm
Food   £10-00
Prog    £ 8-00 estimate
Total  £131-00*

* I expect JFW spends more than that on a pair of shoes  Smiley
only joking jfw  
I know it still doesn't come to a week's wages, I was just pointing out the day costs a lot more than the ticket. Oh, and I think £60 for the tube was a tad generous.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 20:35:19 »

I know it still doesn't come to a week's wages, I was just pointing out the day costs a lot more than the ticket. Oh, and I think £60 for the tube was a tad generous.

eh?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 20:36:20 »

He meant five pound sixty pence reeves.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:54:06 »

People are using cost as an excuse, which is a cuntish thing to do. One or two of our mates are doing it. I don't understand Swindon's population, I honestly don't. Most are a bunch of money-grabbing glory-hunting twats, you'd have thought they'd have loved it. This is a one-off opportunity in my book and fans, whether you're a huge fan or the occasional watcher, should embrace it. Unless of course all these people are gambling that we'll become mint and will be off to Wemble every year

here's the man himself when you need him?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 23:28:28 »

The cost wasn't an issue for me, my brother and my dad, we got the best seats and they'll be worth every penny as the opportunity to see your team play at Wembley doesn't come along very often. But on the other hand, the cost is the only reason why we won't be taking my niece and nephew as its doubtful they'd have enjoyed it anywhere near enough to make it worthwhile.

At the end of the day this is a 3rd tier match and the ticket prices are a disgrace. Having the club state the ticket prices are set by Wembley and nothing whatsover to do with them is complete bollocks and insulting. The Football League (and in turn all the clubs) agreed to sign the deal with the FA and Wembley to host the games and pricing would have been a major part of that agreement.

To add insult to injury, fuck all of the ticket money actually ends up with the clubs involved - under 10% of it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 23:47:15 »

People are using cost as an excuse, which is a cuntish thing to do.
All very well for you to say as (I assume) a single bloke, but it's not quite so easy for people with families. Me, the missus, three kids (one over 18) is well over £350 for tickets and coach alone. That's before we've paid for food, drinks etc at the "gouge them for all you can" Wembley prices. I'm looking at easily well north of 400 quid for the day. Not really a decision for me, wouldn't miss it for the world, and delighted to be able to give my kids a day out that they'll always remember. But then I've been a season ticket holder for years (the missus hasn't been much recently as she looks after our youngest so me and the 7 year old can go to games, but she's been following Town since she was a kid) and I'm fortunate enough to be (still) in a reasonably well paid job. But that amount still hurts when we're already stretched with all that boring stuff like keeping a roof over our heads, school uniforms, food on the table etc. If I was a casual fan, in a lesser paid job (or had lost my job in the recession or was worried I'm about to), I'd have to think very, very hard about whether we could really afford it. You might not be quite so blase and dismissive if your circumstances were a little tighter.

jonny's right - football really needs to take a long hard look at itself and whether it's going to be able to continue to pass on the cost of it's excesses onto ordinary fans in this way.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 00:02:41 »

People are using cost as an excuse, which is a cuntish thing to do. One or two of our mates are doing it. I don't understand Swindon's population, I honestly don't. Most are a bunch of money-grabbing glory-hunting twats, you'd have thought they'd have loved it. This is a one-off opportunity in my book and fans, whether you're a huge fan or the occasional watcher, should embrace it. Unless of course all these people are gambling that we'll become mint and will be off to Wemble every year

So what about people like me then? I'm a single parent plus i live up north, It would cost me around £100 in train fares  alone, That's without the actual match ticket and everything else, I just can't afford it no matter how much i want to go it's impossible, I have to settle for watching it on TV, I'm just lucky that i have Sky and i've added Sky Sports for a month just so i can watch this game as after that i won't be able to afford to pay £40 a month for Sky with all the sports.

I've been to a fair few away games this season and go to as many as possible but i don't get to go to as many games as i would like.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 00:31:41 »

All very well for you to say as (I assume) a single bloke, but it's not quite so easy for people with families. Me, the missus, three kids (one over 18) is well over £350 for tickets and coach alone. That's before we've paid for food, drinks etc at the "gouge them for all you can" Wembley prices. I'm looking at easily well north of 400 quid for the day. Not really a decision for me, wouldn't miss it for the world, and delighted to be able to give my kids a day out that they'll always remember. But then I've been a season ticket holder for years (the missus hasn't been much recently as she looks after our youngest so me and the 7 year old can go to games, but she's been following Town since she was a kid) and I'm fortunate enough to be (still) in a reasonably well paid job. But that amount still hurts when we're already stretched with all that boring stuff like keeping a roof over our heads, school uniforms, food on the table etc. If I was a casual fan, in a lesser paid job (or had lost my job in the recession or was worried I'm about to), I'd have to think very, very hard about whether we could really afford it. You might not be quite so blase and dismissive if your circumstances were a little tighter.

jonny's right - football really needs to take a long hard look at itself and whether it's going to be able to continue to pass on the cost of it's excesses onto ordinary fans in this way.

Yeah OK point taken I was more talking about people who are bottling it and using cost as an excuse, as one of my mates is, not people who have to fork out loads due to having to pay for kids etc. I was basing it more on him not going despite him living in Wilts; I live in Cardiff and am making the effort despite knowing I'll have to be a bit tight the next few weeks. However I am still surprised that we haven't sold out our allocation based on how many glory hunters there are in swindon

here's the man himself when you need him?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 05:45:43 »

I don't know a single UK based Swindon fan who isn't going. Except those who are in Spain or Cairo. Or Sippo. None have used cost as an excuse.

I do know plenty of people who have only ever been to the odd game or (none at all) who are going. These people aren't really Swindon fans at all. There are more of these people paying quite ridiculous prices than genuine Swindon fans.

If it wasn't on telly we'd have sold out our allocation by now.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 05:49:56 »

I cant really afford it if im honest,but thats what credit cards are for.Buy now,pay back when a relative dies..

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 06:19:58 »

I'm the same. I can't really afford to go at all. If I was 'sensible' there's no way on earth I'd be going and really, I shouldn't be. But I am.
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 06:48:28 »

I do think 30000 is a lot for a team like Swindon. For me the wife and two kids it was over £100 that's not including the train and food. The fa really do rip us off at times. But thanks to mr credit and mr card we are going. Come on the Town

One Davie Bamber.......................
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: