Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We have sold...  (Read 65009 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:03:35 »

it's a fucking shit amount. we should sell out easily and have more than the fucking pox.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:09:12 »

I don't think Cardiff or Blackpool sold out last weekend. There weren't loads of spare seats but there were a few.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:15:20 »

82000 there.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:19:52 »

Blackpool and Cardiff sold all of their allocation. Because of club wembley etc there was some 10000 empty seats. I'd rather the game was at the Millenium stadium.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:25:48 »

Blackpool and Cardiff sold all of their allocation. Because of club wembley etc there was some 10000 empty seats. I'd rather the game was at the Millenium stadium.

Why???

Wembley is the home of football and holds many happy memories for me.

Bloody Welsh stadium.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:28:14 »

There were definitely empty seats in both ends. Maybe they got lost?!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:32:22 »

The cost is the killer...how is a couple with three kids going to afford it?...they wont be able to.
Best part off 200 quid just for tickets, many with holidays coming up as well.
[/quote]

The cost has definitely been a factor.  We went for £62 seats, but with travel on top and the crap that my lad wanted from the STFC shop, it's come to £200 and that's just for three of us. I've whacked it on the credit card and will worry about it later, but if you're not really that bothered, you probably couldn't justify it.  Saying that, a few mates of ours who initially said they couldn't afford it have been on the phone today asking what the ticket situation is because they now want to go!  No doubt others will follow suit as the week goes on particularly if they go to the ground.

An allocation of tickets in each price range have now been made available for sale from the STFC Box Office.

Over the weekend there was only £32 tickets left.  I'd be a bit pissed off if I'd got one of them because there was nothing else available only to find all prices are suddenly available again today?
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:51:58 »

Why???

Wembley is the home of football and holds many happy memories for me.

Bloody Welsh stadium.

I just think it has a better atmosphere and surroundings. The new Wembley has lost the magic of the old Wembley. Like tonights game when all those 'fans' missed Glen Johnson's goal because they were getting another beer.
At least the Millenium would be at capacity. When I watched the Blackpool Cardiff game on Sat I lost some of the excitement I had for this Sat. It looked like a league 2 play off with all those empty seats. I had an image of a sea of Red and Blue on Saturday, like in '93, but now I know that isn't going to happen.

Plus I think we would sell all of our tickets if it was at the Millenium and Millwall wouldn't. I just hope we can out sing them though. But I doubt that'll happen as there fans that will there will be more 'hardcore' than ours.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:15:50 »

New wembley is proper shit compared to the old one.  Yes And at £800mill...... As a stadium the Millenium is much better, but there's something wrong about the english play off finals in wales.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:33:13 »

Plus I think we would sell all of our tickets if it was at the Millenium and Millwall wouldn't. I just hope we can out sing them though. But I doubt that'll happen as there fans that will there will be more 'hardcore' than ours.

I don't think it would make any difference.  If anything people are less likely to want to go there than to Wembley.  What exactly  do you mean by more 'hardcore'?  Anyway they've only got one droney song!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:34:19 »

Half a word actually.........Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:39:48 »

I don't think it would make any difference.  If anything people are less likely to want to go there than to Wembley.  What exactly  do you mean by more 'hardcore'?  Anyway they've only got one droney song!!

I just mean by 'hardcore' they obviously have a bigger following than us, therefore I'd expect them to out sing us as a lot of our fans on Sat will be family tag alongs and daytrippers.

Anyway less with the negative...white kit, allocation not sold, saying I'd rather see it at the Millenium (what a prick!), lets look on the bright side.
Millwall fans outnumbered Scunthorpe by 4 to 1 last year and that didn't do them any good. I don't care if we plsyed it at Mannington Rec, as long as we win I'll be happy.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:40:03 »

I'm sure they used to do the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  bit after?  Maybe it was too many syllables for them  
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 08:45:03 »

Anyone notice huge queues outside the ticket office this morning? Probably not, but it would be nice to shift a few more before Friday.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 10:14:30 »

New wembley is proper shit compared to the old one.  Yes And at £800mill...... As a stadium the Millenium is much better, but there's something wrong about the english play off finals in wales.
Nah, I went to the old wembley several times and I've been to the new wembley a couple of times and it is so much better. The old one was falling to bits, the staircases were crumbling, the roof leaked and almost everywhere you sat there was a massive pillar in the way. Also, the atmosphere was always shit at the old wembley for England friendlies anyway and no different from the new one. I prefer the new wembley to the millenium as well, although they are both great stadiums.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: